Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Improved Daily Chest Idea.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by BalanceB3ast, Feb 7, 2018.

?

Do you like the new system

1. Yes I would like to have this in the game

2. No

3. I would like change one.

4. I would like change two

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalanceB3ast

BalanceB3ast Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    On the poll above I would like you to ignore the bottom two options they are there via technical difficulties.

Only vote for the top two options!!!!

So one big problem I always have with the minecraft voting system is that The time you can vote slowly gets later and later. No one can vote perfectly on time, and the same goes for the Wynncraft daily chest system. I open a chest a little later then when I did the previous day, and that continues for a month and i'm opening chests at 1:00 a.m. realistically im sleeping then and I cant even open the chest, so you may say well problem solved you can open the chest early again and start the loop over. But that would ruin your streak.

The improved daily chest system Will make it so that you always get your chest at 12:00 a.m so you will never miss a chest unless you don't grab it that day.

for an example to clarify how the system will work (a)(Timmy wasn't home all day. He was not able to claim his reward because [his daily chest was pushed so late he couldn't even collect it at 12:00pm, but wait the new daily chest system gives him a chest at 12:00am that morning. he is able to collect his chest, and go to bed happy.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Isn't this already a thing?

3. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    only for crates

4. Bramblesthatcat

Bramblesthatcat Just a cat trying to be bing chilling CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, you can just wait until tomorrow to open it. It's not a big deal, and it's easy to remember (for me, I can't speak for everyone)
    Grammar.
    These statements contradict each other. It resets your chest at midnight and you have a whole day to get it. If you don't you miss a chest and the streak resets.
    But you're able to save a chest for a day...? That cancels out the whole loot-it-today-or-miss-out premise of daily chests.
    It's called DAILY REWARDS for a reason.
    Timmy can spare to loose his streak. It's not the end of the world, it's just a perk.
    No. You can still claim your monthly crate after the date and the tier will stay the same, so there's no need to implement it.
    Also, wall of text and work on your grammar.
    Final Judgement: It’s a solution to the streak problem, but could be improved/tweaked.

5. Faded the weeb

Faded the weeb your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think what he's trying to say do correct me if I'm wrong, OP is that every day the moment you can claim your daily reward gets pushed a little bit, meaning eventually you'll reach a point where you can't claim your chest because time issues :/
    I've had this problem before as well, and I'd love to see it fixed.

6. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I get that, but the way that OP wishes to fix it what I’m disagreeing with.

7. BalanceB3ast

Minecraft:
    Bramblesthatcat. If you miss out out a chest and open open you next one tomorrow isn't i big deal, but still it would be nicer to have them this way.
    and they do not contradict each other try reading it again and see if you get it. There is no need to point out my grammar. Timmy was just an example to make the whole thing clearer. you said. But you're able to save a chest for a day...? That cancels out the whole loot-it-today-or-miss-out premise of daily chests. Is the whole loot-it-today-or-miss-out a thing people really even want. Im trying to change it dude so i don't really wan a loot it or miss out.

8. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please tag me or reply to my post if you want to address what I said (that’s proper form etiquette). The second one contradicts the premise of loot-it-today-or-miss-out, that’s what I meant. It’d be helpful if there was a poll to see if players DID actually dislike the get-it-today-or-miss-out system, or if it is just you making assumptions. Also, looting daily rewards ARE OPTIONAL, they are also not the end of the world if you loose your streak.

9. BalanceB3ast

Minecraft:
    Apologies brambles, I don't often use the forums.

10. Faded the weeb

Faded the weeb your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yes, they're optional, BUT.

Daily rewards is practically free stuff. And if you've got a high tier streak, the chances of getting good free stuff increase. Losing that streak because of something you can't really control is something that really shouldn't be there. Plus, people are greedy by nature, of course, there are exceptions, but generally people just want free stuff when they get the chance. So I can see the OP's "frustration" with this.

11. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s ok, I get that you’re new, and don’t know al the little things (I didn’t either). I am sorry for attacking your grammar, but people will take oh seriously if you have better grammar (we all slip up). The poll you referenced does not ask about the loot-it-today-or-loose-your-streak idea, it asks for ones opinion on your idea.

12. BalanceB3ast

Minecraft:
    Yeah. I wrote this in a rush and I certainly could have mentioned the streak bonus but like I said I was rushing. I am really glad you agree with the first part at least.

13. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I get that. Sorry for being harsh with my first judgment. I do like your idea that all chests should spawn at midnight though.

Faded the weeb likes this.
  14. BalanceB3ast

Minecraft:
    Yeah thanks.

15. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Alright, I was mentioned, I saw this thread so I might as well grade this too while I'm at it.
    As this is more of a dependent fact, it's pretty true.
    Matter of opinion but in realistic terms, yeah no one can do this perfectly on time.
    In realistic terms I agree with this.
    As much as I like this part, there are some sections that are a bit confusing that needs a bit more detail or clearance.
    -How will you continue a streak if you can simply see yesterday's chest? Wouldn't that eliminate the daily streak?
    -If the streak is gone, how will the daily chests work and which streak would they always be in, in terms of loot?
    Props on the explanation, but B seems unnecessary as it would bump out the Daily-Streak point.
    I think this would work a bit better on Monthly crates but that would defeat the purpose of monthly crates. But if the Crates are rest by the end of the month, that would be great too.

Suggestion Idea: 67% D
    General Suggestion: 73% C

Overview:
    Besides some grammar and spelling errors, it's a simple yet easy idea. It makes a lot of sense too except the dual Chests/Crates part where if you miss one month/day you'll have two, not one. As for the Crates, they don't have a streak, so it would be fine if they had a double thing. As for Chests, this would either easily bump the streak up by 2 and you can get two Level 5 Daily Chests easily. The chests will probably be the best to stick to the once-a-day thing in my honest opinion. But as a heads up, this kind of thing (the chests/crates being set at the start of the next day/month) has been suggested before. But it doesn't hurt to throw in your own hat, but as well as putting a neat little spin to it.

Have a Good Day!
    -OGK

16. BalanceB3ast

Minecraft:
    Update: I realized the second option in the system was unnecessary so I removed it from the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.