Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Classes: The Soldier (925+ Supporters) - Updated To 1.1.4 Stats!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Selvut283, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Do you like this class? Please leave feedback after voting, especially if you don't like something!

1. Yes, I love this class! It's really awesome!

584 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Yeah, I like the class. I think it's pretty cool.

366 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. I like it, but I think a few things need to be altered.

101 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I don't like it, but I think a few changes could help.

20 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. No, I'm not too big a fan of this class.

58 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. No, I really don't like this class at all.

66 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chase0410

Chase0410 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I love the concept of it. Though arguable that there is no need for another melee class, it's certainly a good idea. Though I would suggest an AOE ability instead of one of the movement abilities.

2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All of its abilities, save for Succor, cause it to move.

3. Chase0410

Chase0410 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    oh duh. I didn't read closely enough. my bad lmao. I think it's a rly cool concept tho. Would deff use the class if it goes through.

4. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb idk VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is still getting support 2 years after it was made, hopefully one day it can be added.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  5. Chocobutter

Chocobutter Well-Known Adventurer

So you ended up making a highly mobile melee fighter with low defenses and a focus on reckless offense that wields axes and instead of calling it a berserker you called it a... soldier? Even if the thought to call it berserker came by you but you conscientiously took a pass on it, "soldier" is a rather weak name for a player class and doesn't really do justice to how the class plays.

Also I'd recommend condensing some of the writing a bit, particularly where you re-summarize the entire skill description with each successive skill upgrade. You could easily just break it down to what's been added and what has changed with each upgrade desc and people would fully understand everything about what each skill/upgrade does/changes. I'd also recommend gutting the knockback block-range specifications. You're generally better off staying away from abstracts as much as possible and sticking to phrases like "short hops, etc" as they're about equally easy/useful to visualize and much easier to read overall for 99% of your audience.

You may have a very interesting class here, but I think your presentation could be improved ten-fold if you were to find more ways to cut out a lot of the fluff hampering the readability of the piece. Especially in a combo-focused class that's true worth is suppose to be worth the sum of its parts, the less information people need to understand what your class does the ludicrously better.

Edit: Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, just using this as example to expand upon what I think your presentation does poorly.

Ricochet stance:

Base: Temporarily become slower and deal 150% of your “melee” damage for 3 seconds. Successful shots ricochet towards nearby enemies up to 4 times. Costs 6 mana to perform.

Level 2: Shots now deal an extra 20% damage for every time it has ricocheted.

Level 3: Can now ricochet up to 7 times. Costs 5 mana to perform.

Vault:

Base: Take a parabola-shaped leap in the direction you’re facing. Increases your attack speed by +2 on landing for 3 seconds. Costs 4 mana to perform.

Level 2: Gain jump boost 2 and speed 1 for 3 minutes upon casting. Now costs 3 mana to perform.

Level 3: Each successful shot increases the attack speed buff by +1 for its duration. Only a maximum of +3 can be gained from a single enemy.

Bombitites:

Base: Toss out 3 explosives(same arc and speed as Smoke bomb.) that transform into friendly tnt mob-like entities that explode after 4 seconds or explode instantly upon being shot for 140% spell damage with a percentage of earth/fire damage in a 2 block AoE. All the effects of Ricochet stance are applied against them. Costs 5 mana to perform.

Level 2: The explosives now fire projectiles at enemies for 25% spell damage(shots do not deal knockback.).

Level 3: The explosives remain after exploding for the remainder of their duration. Their firing speed after exploding doubles.

Loudamation(working name, open to suggestions as always.):

Base: Summons an iron golem(drops in 3 blocks in front of you.) equipped with the latest in automated insult flinging technology. The golem simply stands around drawing all enemy attention for 5 seconds. Ricochet stance applies to it. Costs 12 mana to perform. Only one can be summoned at a time.

Level 2: The golem now fires projectiles at nearby players that will heal them for 5% of their maximum hp.

Level 3: The golem now absorbs damage from you and other players to a damage cap based off of the user’s level. The golem then explodes at the end of its duration in a radius dependent on damage taken(base of 3 blocks and + 2 blocks for every 25% of the maximum damage absorbed.).

Now the class could very well not work the way I would want it to. The meta for it could end up being just spamming Ricochet stance or throwing up a Loudamation to draw hits every fight and just right click enemies down the whole time, but at the very least it's exceedingly clear just by looking at the ability descriptions how they're meant synergise with one another and why you would want to do so. It's very obvious how the class plays and easily fills the mind with potential combos just by reading their fairly brief descriptions off like Bombits into Ricochet stance to blow up all 3 at once, using Vault to space yourself while using the att speed bonus and Ricochet stance together for an escape + dps stacking, using Loudamation to keep Ricochet chains going against single targets, etc. The problem I'm having with how you've presented your class is that I can't really grasp how all of its abilities come together for combos and why I should do them. There's no transparent benefits to using certain abilities together or what the reward for fulfilling them is. Only combo I really see in all of it is the basic attack bonus while using Strafe, otherwise I really think all of your abilities could do with some extra clarity in how they mesh together.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Dr Zed likes this.
  6. Jussari

Jussari Time Traveler VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Strafe takes too much mana (other classes take 3/4 mana, while this takes 6-4 mana). Also, maybe you could shift to stop the little extra jumps.

The others are great.

7. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All its other abilities take less mana than average, all scaling down by 1 cost per upgrade level. Strafe ends out at 4 mana.

8. Jussari

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Isn't the purpose of the spell is to go faster. You can't even go through oceans with that spell.

9. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The purpose of the spell is to provide mobility, and within battle it provides that in spades. And, since the spell would go on for such a comparatively long amount of time compared to the other movement spells, that would help alleviate the cost; you just wouldn't spam it like other movement spells.

10. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You want to talk about going through oceans? Let me tell ya about Assassin.

11. DOUBLE07

DOUBLE07 Nothin special VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well thought out

12. Jussari

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hate assassin (mostly because of that)

Also, could you add a "shift stop" to the little jumps?

13. derpybuttergast2

derpybuttergast2 constantly depressed, just like the best VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like how Selvut has just bumped his class even though it has very low chance of getting in the game ;-; good class tho, 9/10 would main

14. thatswhatido

thatswhatido Supreme Wynncraft Player thatswhatido CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Community thread owner bump

15. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    So this is basically assasin with lower defenses?

16. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    different playstyle
    more risk and more reward
    more skill
    spells are a lot different
    base weapon damage is a lot higher

Dr Zed likes this.
  17. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    So like archer without the range and better defenses?

18. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In other words, not like Archer at all? Archer's range is what defines it. "Archer without the range" is a completely different thing.

Dr Zed likes this.
  19. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    lol, you need to hold JP hostage until he adds this ;)

e! likes this.
  20. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumped for class.

Dr Zed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.