Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Daily/weekly Exp Goals (and Possibly Emeralds)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Shades, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shades

Shades Mage is bedge, I am bedge. VIP+

Minecraft:
    In some guilds, there are high EXP contributors (level 100s farming, with 80% going to the guild), and some who don't give as much. It could hurt the growth of guilds if members did not contribute enough. So what if there was a way to set Daily/Weekly EXP Goals for your guild?

How would it work?

Chief and Owner ranks could set a goal to reach everyday or every week. All the EXP of the guild members combined must reach a certain set number by midnight (midnight on Sunday if set to weekly), and failing to do so would alert the Chiefs/Owner when they log in. Anyone can also check who contributed what amount the previous day/week, and possibly the current EXP (there may have to be a minute delay, as EXP is constantly increasing).

Why is this good for wynncraft?

There is no way to check how much EXP your guild is getting by each member (I don't think), so adding the ability to check how much they contributed yesterday/last week would be beneficial to see if anyone has gotten no EXP (and are possibly lying they are contributing). People could see it as a type of leaderboard, and try to climb the top, while also growing the guild even more. Setting a goal is also a good way to pace the growth of your guild, and see it progress. It would also encourage guild members (or just friends and people) in general) to party up, which would help strengthen bonds with people and encourage collaboration.

Why not emeralds?

You can't spend EXP, but you can spend emeralds. People are constantly spending emeralds, and may be saving up for something. Emeralds are pretty important to guild wars and such, but setting a standard for getting emeralds would be hard for people who just spent them and/or saving them. There isn't a way to check how many they have in their bank (that would be stupid-ish) and there is no "Saving up for something" notice. But you can check a players level, and see if it is proportional to the amount of EXP they are giving. Some guilds have a level/EXP requirement, but if your guild's isn't as high or does not have one, then a level to EXP proportion would be predictable, but sometimes level 50s have 30LE and level 90s have 5LE. It is too situational to be predictable. As for EXP, it is pretty obvious that any normal level 20 won't be getting 5Mil EXP...

Being able to check emerald donations may be a good edition, but having emerald contribution standards wouldn't be a good idea, because like I said, you can't predict the "level to emeralds" proportion. Just stick with your territory emeralds per minute.

Commands

/guild xptimeset (day/week): {CHIEF/OWNER} Sets whether your goal is weekly or daily.
    /guild xpgoalset (amnt): {CHIEF/OWNER} Sets the amount of EXP the goal is.
    /guild xpgoal: Tells what the goal is (Example: "1,000,000 EXP every day"). Also says if it is completed.
    /guild xpcheck: Shows your name along with your level and EXP contributed last time. Also shows the top 10 highest contributors and top 10 lowest contributors.
    *MAYBE*/guild xpcurrent: Same as xpcheck, but for the current day/week. Updates every minute. Is more accurate as a leaderboard.
    *MAYBE*/guild emcheck: Shows your name and amount of emeralds contributed the yesterday. Could also show top 10 highest and lowest contributors.

-Note: For large guilds, there may be too many members to see a full list, so I have shortened it to just your contribution, and the top 10 best and worst (I added worst so people can kick inactives, liars and low contributors). For a full list of last week's/yesterday's contributors, you could possibly see it on the guild page on the main website.

Thank you for reading!

I stayed up until 5:00 thinking over and writing this, so I hope it gets some traction, and inspires players and staff alike. The staff would most likely change things if it WAS implemented, but if the basic idea is added, I and many guild owners will be very happy :)

Nyam and Mr_Philly like this.
  2. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Stop trying to add to guilds before they fix them please.

3. Shades

Shades Mage is bedge, I am bedge. VIP+

Minecraft:
    I am aware guilds are broken, however, I am not trying to get this added before guilds are fixed. Staff can add it whenever they want. Also, I can't improve/learn anything from being told to stop for a reason that really doesn't matter, as this isn't going to be added tomorrow...

4. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright, then riddle me this, why would we do this.
    There's no current reward system for guilds, no real reason to be in them.
    Guilds are currently just chatrooms with player limitations based on exp.
    This wouldn't be useful to small guilds because that's exactly what guilds are used for in this scenario, chatrooms.
    And this wouldn't be useful to large guilds because the brunt of their exp comes from claimed territories.

5. PurpleHeroZ

PurpleHeroZ Destroyer of Dreams

Minecraft:
    I don't think we need to add anymore to the guilds. They're fine as they are

6. Doot (Trumpet)

Doot (Trumpet) Well-Known Adventurer

we need this, but instead of guilds the old system where you ex: kill 5 ice golems = 1eb + 100 exp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.