Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Losing Items.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by oohsorry, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oohsorry

oohsorry Travelled Adventurer

Just a short and simple suggestion, could you make it so hoppers (the ones in dungeons for example) give you back your items if they're not the correct ones, so have dungeon hoppers give you back any item that isn't a token. I'm asking this because I once accidentally threw my horse into a boat hopper once and would like to help save others from a similar fate.

Thanks.

2. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    They could also do it like Legendary Island where hoppers are replaced by pressure plates that check if you have the required item(s) via command blocks.

3. oohsorry

oohsorry Travelled Adventurer

even better! :D

SUPER M likes this.
  4. Andrew Lukkuz

Andrew Lukkuz Adventurer/ Ubbywub/ Creator of Cooking!

Could u add a poll? and edit it to the pressure plate idea? thx!

CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  5. ReGhiaccio

ReGhiaccio I identify as male lizard VIP

Minecraft:
    *dropped white horse in fallen factory dungeon

6. bluepenguin1002

bluepenguin1002 Waddling penguin

Minecraft:
    Why are there so many threads with this happening? It's rly impressive the amount you can find...

7. Thilyzh_

Thilyzh_ Adventurous ghillie soldier VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem with this will be that some hoppers takes more than one item type, and have different mechanics for each type.
    The V.S.S Seaskipper is one good example of that. When I am travelling over the ocean, it is not uncommon that I buy a ticket for a future destination as well. How does the pressure plate know which item to take and which to leave?

IgnisDragon likes this.
  8. Dohdo

Dohdo I'm back. Cancer in it's purest form.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It just gonna work like
    if it is this, do that.
    if it is this, do that.
    if it is this, do that.

Can be done in both scenarios

9. Thilyzh_

Thilyzh_ Adventurous ghillie soldier VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But if I carry multiple different items that can all work with the command? Should you have to drop them on the plate like in the Clock Mystery clock tower? That might work.

llllllllllllll likes this.
  10. Dohdo

Dohdo I'm back. Cancer in it's purest form.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, if you think about it, both systems go from one object to another, which could be done with the same idea.

11. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Hmm, good point.

I haven't experimented with redstone stuff for YEARS, so I'm probably wrong on this, but, isn't it possible to put enough of a certain item in a hopper so that the hopper accepts ONLY that item, and does not eat any other item? Hell, is it possible with plugins to make hoppers eat only 1 type of item?

Going to back my idea about pressure plates, I know it would work well in dungeons at least because most of the hoppers there accept 1 type of item at a time.

12. naybelline

naybelline Ex Mod HERO

Minecraft:
    Doesn't this work with legendary island though? cos I've bought multiple entrance tickets thingys and it only takes one...

13. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    I think they were talking about where there are multiple possibilities for items to put in. In LI it knows exactly what you're going to use, but with the Seaskipper you could be using a pass to anywhere, and if you had more than one type on you it wouldn't know which one to take. However, I can't think of another place where this is an issue, and pressure plates are already implemented elsewhere, such as in the Flight in Distress locked doors.

However, with dungeons, it will mean a major change to how they're done. You wouldn't be able to pile together the group's tokens in the hopper to make it work faster. Basically, if you need 12 tokens, everyone in the group needs twelve tokens of their own, to activate the pressure plate. I think this would be a good thing as it prevents:
    -Lower level players riding behind a higher level player on a high level dungeon, to basically get the experience by surviving while somebody else does the dungeon (usually a mage)
    -Large parties being able to blitz through dungeon while spending very little time at each stage (CSST parties...)
    -Loss of items

However, I'm pretty sure not everyone will agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.