Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Backpacks In Wynncraft

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by WIKI_SJONES97, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WIKI_SJONES97

WIKI_SJONES97 Hello VIP

Minecraft:
    The idea.

Hello, I was wondering if a backpack system could be added to the game to increase the carrying capacity of a players inventory. I know that we have banks and storage classes but sometimes it isn't enough space, for example if you multiple active classes that severlly limits storage possibilities and not everyone has a rank to allow clone classes. Therefore I Believe a backpack addition could solve this.

Since Minecraft version 1.9, the Shulker mob has existed. When killed the mob drops Shulker Shells that when added to a chest in a crafting grid creates a shulker box. Shulker boxes can then be placed and act as a portable 'Backpack' in vanilla minecraft. I think that this could be used to provide backpacks in game for players to use.

How could it be implemented?

I Think that like horses it should be an item obtained through questing at around level 30-40 in either Ternaves, almuj or Detlas with a maximum limit of 1 backpack per player's class in order to keep it balanced, with backpack upgrades working similar to how enderchests work, this could either be done at a NPC salesman or from a gui within the backpack.

An idea for a Quest

Potential name: A Travellers Woe's
    Quest Level : 37

A Player could approach an NPC that could be having difficulty carrying there possesions maybe because there backpack is broken, the player could then be asked to collect ingrediants to help repair the NPC's backpack whilst at the same time collecting enough resources for the npc to create one for the player as a reward

Ingediants that could be required

+32 Leather
    +16 String
    +8 Roses (For the colour)

Quest rewards

+Backpack
    +32 Emerald Blocks
    +25,000xp

Pro's and Con's

Pro's

• More storage space
    • new content, could require a quest to obtain
    • would help players with constantlly full inventories who wish for more storage
    • Would fit the MMO/RPG Theme of wynncraft
    Con's
    • Some could argue that a backpack is a pointless addition and that we have enough storage
    • Would require some way to remove the shulker boxes after player is done (however my knowledge of code is limited and as such I personally dont know a way around this, but someone might)
    • Would require an edit to texture pack to make a Shulker box look like a Backpack.
    Conclusion

In Conclusion I think this could work, most of what is required for this can be found within vanilla minecraft meaning implimentation should be possible and I believe it could certainlly be a positive addition to the Wynncraft experiance.

Breadro likes this.
  2. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The player's inventory is already a backback, or atleast a bag, this is what the talking mushroom told us.

3. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Right, right, but here's the thing(s):
    1. You can't place blocks
    2. Plugins mean there's literally no need to use Shulkers anyway
    3. We could just implement Better Banks, which solves the storage problem without creating other issues

4. WIKI_SJONES97

WIKI_SJONES97 Hello VIP

Minecraft:
    That is true, i must admit i had forgot about plugins as a option but the issue of running out of space is still a issue for many

5. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Satchel, the texture pack replaces the name Inventory with Satchel

6. StealWonders

StealWonders Are you a wizzard?

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  7. SturerElch

SturerElch Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  8. WIKI_SJONES97

WIKI_SJONES97 Hello VIP

Minecraft:
    At the time of writing this thread i had looked across multiple pages of the suggestions forum and hadn't found threads relating to backpacks, since that point however i have been made aware of multiple threads suggesting them however this would suggest multiple people have previouslly felt the same regarding this topic, storage space is too small when you factor in all the items that you collect in wynncraft

9. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Use the search bar

SturerElch likes this.
  10. EnderVapour

EnderVapour a HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I SUPPORT I SUPPORT I SUPPORT I SUPPORT IT IZ BEST IDEA EVER OH MY GOD DDD GRIAN PLS ADDDDDDD

WIKI_SJONES97 likes this.
  11. Thilyzh_

Thilyzh_ Adventurous ghillie soldier VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The idea of a backpack is not the worst, and the thread itself is not the worst either. Good work on that.

However, personally I do not see a problem in a full inventory. I often fill my inventory when grinding, doing quests, etc. but I always have the opportunity to go straight to the nearest city to empty it. It really does not take long to do that as you are always in a fair range of a bigger city. If we then implement the Better Banks, as @captainganon said, most of our storage problems will be solved.

A full inventory is only a matter of priority and personal preference. Ditch what you do not need or can easily regain. Prioritize the items of greater value, and do not be afraid of dumping a stack of singular emeralds.
    When you feel you cannot ditch anything more, go to a city and clean the inventory.
    You are now ready for another run and to repeat this.

*If you are far in a quest outside the map, the priority game can become harder. At least a few spaces should be open at all times for items gained during the quest or as reward, leaving fewer slots for other items.

*How one would prioritize their inventory, or otherwise keep it clean, is obviously up to the invidual. I am just stating a fairly easy fix to full inventories.

Wanting change is fine, but most of the time there is a workaround. Utilize the game for what it has. Wynncraft is not a game of "Time Is Money". Patience, however, is a virtue.

12. WIKI_SJONES97

WIKI_SJONES97 Hello VIP

Minecraft:
    you raise good points, especially for prioritising important items, admittidlly this is difficult but as you say is certainlly possible and I do make every effort for this and as you say better banks would certainlly fix storage issues I know that I, like others use storage classes but I am at my maximum number of classes, each are full and so is the enderchest, as time does progress it does become harder to decide what to get rid of especially if say for example, it may be a players first run through and as such may be unaware of whether something is important until they attempt to throw it away whent hey get greeted witha a message saying they will need it later at some point.

Even if backpacks don't get added I still think something should be done to improve the current storage system which is limited at best.

13. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh even though there have been different suggestions for more storage, this wouldn't really work cause u cant place blocks
    maybe they can change the resource pack so it has backpack textures and if you right click one it opens a menu

14. WIKI_SJONES97

WIKI_SJONES97 Hello VIP

Minecraft:
    that could work, although when i thought about placing blocks i was thinking about how the loot crates work and how they are placed and removed through player interaction, maybe a similar method could be used for shulkers but that is beyond my knowledge of code so i wouldnt knbow how to impliment it

15. Breadro

Breadro Music by pedro VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think this is a great idea

16. skyjoshua

skyjoshua Travelled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    yes please, we really need more carrying capacity

Historicals and WIKI_SJONES97 like this.
  17. Historicals

Historicals yo HERO

Minecraft:
    This seem's like a good idea because my bank kinda looks like this. upload_2017-6-20_19-35-58.png

EDIT: This can be put into the Character info -> Use Menu -> Backpack
    (Something like this)

Overall good suggestion. +1 :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  18. Historicals

Historicals yo HERO

Minecraft:
    It can be implemented into the Character info (compass)

PS: Fix punctuation.

19. PurpleHeroZ

PurpleHeroZ Destroyer of Dreams

Minecraft:
    Backpack's have been suggested before. Use your inventory.
    Don't hoard items.

20. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Necro.
    closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.