Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Forums Guide- Basic

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Kaelan~, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you have a good memory you would remember that almost exactly a year ago, I created a guide with the exact purpose and title as this guide. It was Forums Guide- basic. That thread is now outdated, and I am re-making the thread, due to the misinformation in the previous thread (Because all of the Forums Updates).

In this thread I will be walking New Forumers through the basics of The Wynncraft Forums, such as things like basics to making a thread, the shoutbox, the sections, and sub-sections this time. +more.
    Please note that this thread is completely for new players, which we currently have tons of.

THE SHOUTBOX:
    The ShoutBox should look something like this:

upload_2017-5-28_10-42-3.png
    The Shoutbox is a great way to stay updated with all of the latest threads, and will help you start socializing with people.
    The Blue lettering at the bottom of the shout box is not just an announcement about the latest thread, it is also a direct link to it. All you have to do is click the link and it automatically brings you to the thread.
    On top of the shoutbox it says "Shoutbox (74)
    The 74 is the number of messages in the shout box currently, which over time you will be able to recognize that as active.
    The Shoutbox words are actually a link, and if you click it, you make the shoutbox full screen.
    You also can put Smilies in the shoutbox. However you have to use BB coding to use them
    Full Guide HERE!

WHAT SECTION TO POST YOUR THREADS IN:

this part is about what section to post your threads in, so I will be telling you about what all the different sections are, and if you thread fall underneath any of those categories, that is the section to post in. I am also talking about subsections as well here.

The Realm Of WynnCraft:

THE WYNNCRAFT SECTION:
    In this section you can post anything that doesn't fall under any of the other categories of the other sections, you can post Guides, party requests, media content, and theories!
    Sub Sections:
    Questions: This is the thread to ask questions related to Wynncraft. You'll see me here a lot.
    Class Builds: This sub section is for anything class build related. In the Gavel update things got a lot more technical, so this thread was created for people A- looking for class build help, or, B- People showcasing there class builds.

GENERAL SUGGESTIONS:
    If you have a suggestion to improve wynncraft, put it in this section!
    Subsections:
    Featured Wynncraftian Nominations:
    In this subsection you nominate anyone that is worthy enough to become Featured Wynncraft. To nominate you must have over a 1:1 Like message ratio with over 200 messages.
    Feedback: Self explanatory. If you have feedback about the game, post here. This is not for suggestions though.

TRADE MARKET: If you are selling or buying items, this is where to advertise that!

GUILDS: Looking to advertise your guild, or looking to join a guild? this is the section for that!

VIP PLAZA: This is the only section available to donors only. Nothing serious is going on around here.

BUG REPORTS: This is a section to report any bugs, glitches, but NOT hackers! there is a different section for that! Clicking this will bring you to a different website, called Github. It's okay, its supposed to happen.

??? HUNT: This section is for anybody who needs help with the very difficult ??? quest. This was created to avoid spamming of threads on other sections such as Wynncraft Section, your services, and Planning Parlor.
    Community Tavern:

YOUR WORK: If you have made a nice build, or made a drawing, or even produced a video, advertise it here, just remember use the right prefix, (covered in a section below)

YOUR SERVICES: Do you have any services to offer? (Making signatures/profile pictures/ other things for people) then post it here!

THE PLANNING PARLOR: Are you planning something? Maybe a birthday party in game, or even a wedding (yes, it has happened), well than plan everything out here with other forums members!

NEMRACT'S BAR: This section is all about un-related chat, funny memes and videos ETC.
    Subsection:
    Forum Games:
    This section is for forums games of all sorts. Perfect for curing boredom.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Are you new to the forums? well introduce your self in this section!

MINECRAFT: Anything about minecraft, (any server other than Wynncraft) goes here.
    Subsection:
    Minecraft News:
    Nobody is allowed to make a thread in this section except for the bot, Minecraft News. The title is self explanatory.

OTHER GAMES: This section is where you post all about other games, not Minecraft related.
    The Dungeons:

PLAYER REPORTS: this section is for player reports (if you see someone hacking/abusing glitches, report them here) You cannot see other peoples posts in this section, it is 'private'

BAN APPEALS: If you have been banned in Wynncraft, send in a ban appeal here, a nice explanation is nice. just DON'T bug moderators asking to be un-banned on there profile, post in the ban appeals section. again this is a private section.

THE BASICS TO MAKING A THREAD:
    Every new forums member always has difficulties, and often one of those difficulties are the basics of making a thread, so here we go!:

TITLES: make sure that your title is a accurate description of what your thread has to hold, in as little words as possible.

PREFIXES: A prefix is a small hint of what is to come, this is what a prefix's looks like:
    upload_2017-5-28_11-18-57.png
    there should be a button to the left of where you put in your title, click on that and it will give you different prefix's to select. the prefix options changed according to what section you are posting in.
    (the one above is from Trade Market)

CONTENT: Make sure that when you create a thread you don't just say something along the lines of "I haven't figured it out yet, but pretty much you fight a boss, then something else happens, and then it gives you a cool weapon'. *end*

THE OPTIONS BAR:

This is a little more advanced than 'basic', but if you feel ready enough to remember some of the more advanced things, you can check out this guide:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/a-detailed-guide-to-the-options-bar.172929/
    Please do not post a comment in this thread without permission of a moderator, as that would result in a Necro.

THE SEARCH BAR:
    The search bar is one of the most useful tools on the forums, but also the most neglected.
    You can use it to look up Profile posts/threads/thread comments/people and even more things than that.
    It looks like this:
    upload_2017-5-28_11-29-29.png
    If you have scrolled upwards as far as you can, it will be located on the middle right of your screen.
    You cannot search extremely common words like 'the' because every single post in all of Wynncraft's forums will show up, so when you search things it has to be specified!
    you can search someone's name, let's say Salted, and to the right of your screen it will show everyone's names with 'Salted' in it. more towards the left there is all of the posts and threads which mention 'Salted'.

THE THEMES:
    There are four themes available currently. Previously there were only three, and one of them were only available to Donors.

Light Theme, (AKA The Realm Of Wynncraft):
    upload_2017-5-28_11-35-14.png
    Dark Theme, (AKA Starry Night):
    upload_2017-5-28_11-36-29.png
    Hallowynn Theme:
    This theme was created October, 2016 in anticipation for Halloween. It is still available today.
    upload_2017-5-28_11-37-39.png \
    The Wynncraft Theme, (AKA The clean theme):
    This is the one previously only available to Donors. The only difference from this one and light theme is the top bar.
    upload_2017-5-28_11-39-30.png
    You can switch the themes around by clicking this button:
    upload_2017-5-28_11-42-29.png
    Located at the far bottom left of the forums.

YOUR PROFILE:

This section is really easy to figure out on your own, so I won't be lingering on this subject for to long.

Profile Pictures:
    You can switch your profile picture by going to your profile, and clicking your current profile picture.
    You will have a pop-up box with options.
    With this box you can: Delete current avatar, which will revert you back to the standard one, which is a picture of your skin.
    You can switch your avatar. And you can also crop it.
    You can also post a thread in the planning parlor asking for somebody to make you a profile picture. This is a nice community so sometimes you may not even need to pay.

Your Username:
    If you made a type creating your username, or you are just bored of your old one, you can switch it here:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/cz-changeusername/edit
    Note that you can only change it every 90 days.

Your Information section:
    You can edit your information section by clicking 'Personal Details' After you click you name on the top right of the screen.
    This:
    upload_2017-5-28_11-50-49.png
    Scroll down and begin Editing!

Thank you all so much for reading!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    RogP, Pokextreme and Pepo like this.
  2. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    lies

hmtn and Kaelan~ like this.
  3. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Better to watch a section

Kaelan~ likes this.
  4. Villageacules

Villageacules Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    [guide to XenForo]

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  5. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    there was a typo, i corrected it

6. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You mean "Your Work"/"Your Services" instead of the planning parlor, right?

Kaelan~ likes this.
  7. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Using dark theme? Thread approved.

Kaelan~ likes this.
  8. Pyromanic

Pyromanic Prism/Pyro#8570 on Discord CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This triggers me more than it should

9. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Emo jis

10. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Rude and not true
    I dont even know why, but I edited it for you.
    :thumbsup:
    :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
    Oops, yeah I did.

11. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumpozzzzzzzzzz

12. dsjrb

dsjrb Newbie Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    How do I link my MC accounts?

13. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you are already linked

14. Mouse :)

Mouse :) cicetil is no longer a slave VIP+

Minecraft:
    Why does there have to be one of these every month

15. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Because stuff changes

16. dsjrb

dsjrb Newbie Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Yup very sorry, one of my friends told me. Again very sorry for the inconvenience.

17. Wizard10259

Wizard10259 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Nice breakdown of each section!

Kaelan~ likes this.
  18. Mouse :)

Minecraft:
    Not every month

19. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the last forum guide was from may 2016, he uploaded a more specific guide to the options bar half a year ago.

Kaelan~ likes this.
  20. Mouse :)

Minecraft:
    I didn't say his forum guides, jamieverse made two months ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.