Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Quest The Thread Of Quest Discussion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by NoItsBecky_127, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I enjoyed the Ultimate Weapon...
    Fight me

2. Jekron

Jekron Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Im doing Murder Mystery now and it seems fun. Its also pretty hard :) Im lvl 78 and I need to catch up on about 12 quests so Im getting a little overwhelmed but out of all of em I like this one.

3. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Let me talk about Jungle Fever. This quest is a wonderful idea - guy tricks you into running around half of Wynn in order to pull off a bank heist. It's just the practicalities of, well, running around half of Wynn and pulling off a bank heist.

I love quests where you're not the heroic Wynn soldier who solves all the locals' problems. The idea of the whole quest being a mistake based on an overconfident hero-ish person is somehow very engaging. Craftmas Chaos is a great example of this, as even well after the quest you can continue to believe that you helped, while you actually doomed both Selchar and Santa to complete destruction. Other mentions here:
    -Prison Story
    -Cluck cluck
    -Wynnexcavation sites A-C
    -Heart of Llevigar
    -Acquiring credentials
    -Mixed Feelings
    -The Hidden City

But anyway, the Emerald Labyrinth is the most frustrating quest experience in Wynncraft. And that includes CoW. I'd like to hear how many times all of you died there on your first playthrough.

And you have to go backwards and forwards from the Jungle, to Deltas to Almuj...

Ah, speaking of that, Zight Island...

4. NoItsBecky_127

NoItsBecky_127 GOT MY FIRST LEVEL 100 HELL YEAH

Minecraft:
    I enjoyed the 7 LE I got from it.

5. Toasted Asian

Toasted Asian Toasty VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1000 meters below ahmshord

I like the part when all the NPCs brutally die :)

Tisaun, hmtn, Aya and 2 others like this.
  6. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    I thought it would be a long quest and deliberately got to know each NPC...

7. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    yoyo>hello faggot
    me>n- wit u want
    yoyo>weed
    me>k
    yoyo>moreweedpls
    me>kk
    yoyo>bowlfrom elven territory
    me>what the fuck

*ended up searching the entire map website for this shit*

*3 xp*

SUPER M and NoItsBecky_127 like this.
  8. DanDYolo

DanDYolo .

Minecraft:
    To be honest I hatted the old Temple of Legends when I did it for the first time

Kelight: If u want to be in ToL u gotta kill a beast, but first, bring me [1 Yahya's Stained Bowl], [1 Maltic's Recommendation Letter] and [1 Corrupted Potato]
    *Goes in Troms and gets the items thinking that's only he wants*
    Kelight: Good, now bring me 1 [Bob's Crushed Soul], 1 [Sayleros' Brother's Ashes], and 1 [The Mummy's Bandage]
    *Goes again back in Troms, again hopes that's the only items he wants*
    Kelight: OMFG WTF HOW DID U GET BOB'S SOUL- I mean, good job solider! Now go to that guy in the nether so he can help u make the helmet
    Jorkin: Hey!!!!!! So that idio-I mean Kelight sent u here? Oh well, go in that weird cave over there and get me Light Dust!
    *Spends 2 hours trying to find the cave and somehow finds it*
    Jorkin: Good job solider! Oh rip u, this Light Dust is corrupted, now go find some weirdo on the Mage Island, he can purify it
    *After a while he gets to the Mage Island*
    Rayshyroth: Oh hey you weirdo, so I need to purify that dust? Ok then, gimme Tier II Fire and Water powder
    *Again, spends 2 hours trying to find them, and somehow finds it*
    Rayshyroth: Finally! It took u 2 days, give me that! FJOIDANFONDAO, okay there u go now gtfo
    * Goes back to Kelight*
    Kelight: FFS finally I thought u ded, okay now go in the creeper cave and talk to Garull
    Garull: Quiet idiot! You'll scare creepers! Oh, so that idio-I mean Kelight sent u?
    Garull: Okay bring me 64 Rotten Flesh, 64 Cow Leather and 64 Blaze Powder, Idc if u die
    *After 3 hours finally gets all items*
    Garull: Okay, now lemme do my magic shit and make the helmet. JSFNDANFJNDAIFB
    Garull: Ok there u go, now go kill that beast
    *Gets back to Kelight*
    Kelight: Hehehe, that idiot is gonna die he's so- Oh hey you came back! Nice!
    Kelight: Okay so u got here? Ok now gl idc if u die
    *Goes in the cave and gets ready to fight with Corrupter of Worlds*
    *Dies*
    *Goes again*
    *Dies*
    *Goes again*
    *Dies*
    *This time calls his friends to help him*
    *They kill him, but his friend picks up the drop*
    *Again, same thing*
    *This time he picks the drop*
    Kelight: WATATATATAT-I mean good job solider! I have no words, you are welcome in Temple of Legends!

+550000 Experience Points
    + Access to Temple of Legends
    + Helmet of Legend

No hate I just don't really like that quest :P

9. The Oakione

The Oakione Lvl 97 noob

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Let us not forget the Thanos Vaults. Some guy tells you to rob Thanos. You actually do it, despite being a hero. One lvl later you gain the dwarven trust. Seems a bit unfair to me.

Tisaun and SUPER M like this.
  10. NoItsBecky_127

NoItsBecky_127 GOT MY FIRST LEVEL 100 HELL YEAH

Minecraft:
    If you ask me, Jungle Fever was stupid. Like, okay, cool, we aren't always the hero. But we're not DUMB. Our character should know not to listen to this random prick who thinks he needs liquid emeralds as medicine. But for some reason, we don't.

SUPER M likes this.
  11. McDerp123

McDerp123 I ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) people VIP

Minecraft:
    shouldn''t this be in the feedback section? also yes, not dark themed friendly intended

SizzlingBacon likes this.
  12. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Even good quests can be mocked with honest sarcasm:

THE HIDDEN CITY

Narder: Hey, random person from the street! I just met you, but because you're level 89, I'm just going to assume you're trustworthy and sensible enough to go on a critically important detective mission and not crash an airship into a fountain or anything stupid like that. So, despite obvious towers and things, the villagers are stupid enough that we managed to build an entire city deep in their territory without anyone noticing. We neglected to imagine possible consequences, so I'm going to let you deal with that, because I got badly injured somehow? I'm not going to explain. Here is exactly where it is, written in a book that anyone could easily steal and hand in to the authorities.

*goes straight to Eltom, but then spends half an hour looking for the only not-obvious entrance.*

Villager: Hey look at this! Some idiot made an obvious secret entrance!

You: There's totally dangerous gas here that is definitely not a lie to cover up said secret entrance.

Villager: I'm a stupid NPC and somehow fall for that!

*casually walks into 'dangerous gas'*

Mayor: Oh wow! I never expected to see a soldier in our super secret city! It's not as if you've respawned here five times already because it's somehow considered close to that Hive place. Oh wow, the
    detective sent you! That sounds legit. Now, just go and talk to people, it's not as if they'd give a random stranger evidence that they haven't already told me.

*many citizens are spectacularly oblivious to their surroundings*

Lumilda: Oh there's a suspicious guy in a hood that no-one could be bothered to try to apprehend, despite the obvious security threat. Now go down a random dead end, I'm sure that will solve all our problems.

*you go down said dead end. There's a random puzzle because it's imperative that you get delayed on your way to the hideout while being pursued, and that any idiot can get in. It's not as if keys exist.*

Ardulf: Finally, I thought I was living in a world of total morons. I will confess and leave you here, because I don't see how that could go wrong.

Note: Despite being secret and all, Eltom has a FUCKING AIRPORT and regularly flies ships to Thesead. It's not as if people will wonder where they're coming from, or why there's a giant airship tower in the middle of a load of uninhabited mountains. This is a very discrete way to leave without arousing suspicion.

Hilan: The suspicious guy in a hood just beat me up! I did not see this coming!

*you run straight onto the ship without any sort of plan, and get captured, because who saw that coming*

Ardulf: I thought you weren't a moron. Guess I was wrong.

*CONVENIENT LOCKPICK FOR NO REASON INSIDE THE CELL*

Other note: I added a 'stop engine ex machina' button for no reason. I don't see how that could possibly end badly.

*presses stop engine button in midair because what could possibly go wrong*

*Random fireball way smaller than the airship crashes into the fountain, because by law every action scene must involve the destruction of some kind of monument. EXPLOSION! Small amount of wreckage. No sudden panic in Thesead. You somehow survive with no injuries. The only semi-intelligent NPC in the quest is dead. You casually go to the Mayor to say that this is nothing to worry about, it's just... what excuse could you give for that!?*

Mayor: Oh that guy you just killed was my son. You ruined everything. Instead of asking you to pay for the damage because I'm a villager and therefore super greedy I'm going to pay you. Oh and here's a fast travel you're never going to use!

[Quest complete!]

13. Hero Cerebrum

Hero Cerebrum The RULER of the Brain realm

Minecraft:
    lets not forget the darkest quest of all: Grave digger
    u literally make a guy drunk to extract info from him, and then dig a grave for a buried will, then fight the actual corpse of the dead guy, all of this just to help the brother of these two guy to get a share of the money from the dead brother. That's like the heritage fights of rich families buy with grave digging involved, and the glory solider of wynn never even hesitated once to do all this.

14. Archie_T

Archie_T Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Craftmas Chaos: A great quest, unless you die 10 times in a row from fall damage when you're getting teleported to future Selchar.
    It was one of my favorite quests until this happened to me yesterday and I respawned in Selchar every frickin' time and had to swim the 1000 blocks to Santa's island and then go through the entire past Selchar part again, just to die from fall damage again and start over from the beginning, 9 more times. And when I finally to future Selchar without dying, it took me a good 30 minutes to find old Tom.

15. nightbaker

nightbaker Famous Adventurer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    Dude this is so accurate and fucking hilarious, please make more of these

SUPER M likes this.
  16. Cenpyla

Cenpyla Zap HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay okay listen

Heart of Llevigar is the best quest.

SUPER M likes this.
  17. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wadd'ya think the drugs were?

You walk into 'shrooms and you get wierd visions!!!

obviously its jumla's year old coffee

18. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    you know they changed this right?

Best quest: Memory paranoia
    good lore, good history, well done, has a god, spooki scari

NoItsBecky_127 likes this.
  19. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are also supposed to be an adventurer exploring and helping people.

Why do you think NPCs say "Hello Adventurer"

20. DanDYolo

DanDYolo .

Minecraft:
    Yeh but I said I hate OLD Temple of Legends. Idc about the new one xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.