Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dungeons Raid Battles/dungeons (30 -ish People Like)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by FRANCISS, Apr 29, 2017.

?

Guchi?

1. NONONONONNO

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. It could be added

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  3. good idea but probs not added

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. YESYESYEYSYEYYSYEYSYS

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    Now before you comment ''This has been suggested before,'' I know that. I am only posting this as I have not seen a suggestion of this in a long time, and think it is an incredible idea. Also, the other posts that were about this lacked detail and I've decided to make one. Also, please do not comment ''All this will do is lag out the server more than it already does.'' I know that it may lag, but Wynncraft survives with everything else going on in it, so this should be fine. (BUT 15 MAGES CAN CLEAR IT SO EASILY OMGOMGOMG. There will be a 5 person limit on each class, so you don't just have 15 mages healing and using meteors)
    Now, into the actual post.

RAIDS.
    Ever played a MMORPG Which is not wynncraft? Well, most of the time, they have a thing called ''RAIDS.'' These are large scale dungeons which take a large amount of teamwork and persistence to beat. In order to defeat these raids you will need large amounts of people and a lot of spare time. Raids will also get players on who are level 100 and have nothing else to do, and they will be able to collect new items by doing this ''raids'' :)

COOLDOWN
    There of course will be a cool down on the raids. My suggestion is that there will be a raid maybe once or twice a week, and the first group there will be the only one allowed inside. This would remove the chance of people running the dungeon over and over again and getting constant raid items or mythics. I would also suggest that the group that defeats the dungeon will not be able to participate the next one.

THE BASIC PREMISE
    Now, how it works. You gather your group and go to the raid ''dungeon'' entrance. Here is an example I made up:

The Haunted LABYRINTH
    Raid dungeon (15 players needed)

To enter the dungeon you will have to pay a large amount of in game currency, LE. I have not decided the figure on the cost for the entrance of 15 players, but it will be a large amount. When you buy the ''raid'' ticket every person in your ''Raid group'' at the area of the raid dungeon will be teleported inside. From this point there will be multiple puzzles, waves of mobs and bosses, all incredibly difficult, that you will have to clear. There will most likely be 4 normal boss battles, each with a number of puzzles and waves in between each other. Now, if you finish a boss, you will be given a choice. Take the loot from the boss (for example, 4 legendary items) or carry on with the raid. Now if you chose to leave, you simply get teleported out, and wont be able to do the raid again.

However, if they chose to stay, the legends they got will be added to the pool, and if they lose (more than half the people die) they will be sent out without anything, and will have to wait for the next raid. Say they continue, they will keep facing the bosses until they have defeated a total of 4 strong bosses, maybe similar Cybel (but will have much more health and attack, as this is supposed to be incredibly difficult) After the 4 bosses their will be a large wave of mobs that you will have to defeat, and then a puzzle which is also difficult. After completing all these tasks, there will be a final boss.

This final boss will be incredibly strong and difficult to kill, with insane health regeneration and dps, being able to 1 shot multiple players at once. If the players overcome this boss they will receive amazing loot, including 1-2 mythics. After the raid ends they will all be sent out and everyone will have to wait a week or two for the next large scale raid dungeon.

LOOT SPLITTING
    If this is implemented, I would suggest a method like so.
    Chance of winning amazing loot:
    Top dps: 33.3%
    Top healing: 33.3%
    Top damage taken: 33.3%

There is also the other idea that everyone will receive loot, for example, a good legendary, and a lucky few would get raid items/untradable mythics. However this would allow people who did nothing during the fight to have a chance to get a good item, so probably wouldn't be a good idea.

So basically there will be a random chance between the people who did the most work in the whole dungeon, and will be a completely random pull. Also, by the time that they get to the 5th boss there will be at least one legend for everyone, and one mythic for the lucky fella. This will also help people who have opened 130k chests and killed 100k mobs and got no mythics (feelsbadman) to get good gear and mythics.

MYTHICS = TOO OP?
    As suggested by EnderCraft the mythics that are dropped from the final boss or reward, could be UNTRADABLE. Yes, you could not trade them. This way the economy would not be broken by the same op guild doing dungeons and getting mythics, but allowing new builds and weapons. There could be 1 new mythic for each class, but it's up to GM's and everyone else if this actually is implemented.

TEAMWORK
    The whole basis of raid dungeons is that people are to work together in order to complete it. Currently, wynncraft is not a great MMORPG. As it lacks communication between players and people working together to do anything. *Apart from say Qira/ToA* Which themselves only take a max of 3 people.
    This implementation may also urge people to talk and have leaders and strategists, telling the members of the Raid group what to do throughout the whole raid.
    It would add something that wynncraft has been missing for a very long time.

LOCATIONS
    I am truly not sure where any of these would be located, but they may appear in random places. For example a raid dungeon called ''Dragon Peak'' Could be placed at where the dragon currently is for the thanos quest. A different Idea I had is the ''Undead Tomb'' which would be located east of almuj in the desert that is behind it. But nothing is set in stone about locations, as it would truly be up to the GMs + Salted etc.

PUZZLES
    There of course, will be a few puzzles in-between the battles, including parkour. One of the ideas I thought up was this: There is a wall with 5 buttons, each coordinating to a lamp. There will also be 5 pressure plates, each adjacent to a button and lamp. There will then be one hint on the wall: ''Hidden among the debris, &$%*£ are found.'' There will be 5 hints hidden around the room, for example on top of a nether brick structure. All of these need to be found, and as this requires teamwork, 5 people will have to stand on the pressure plates. They will then have to press the buttons in order, and all must be standing on the pressure plates. (The order is within the hints. I also just made this up, so it's pretty bad)

MOBS
    The mobs will be as following, for ''The Haunted LABYRINTH'' the raid dungeon I suggested earlier.

Minotaur's offspring:
    Spell: Charge - 2k dam
    Health: 9,000
    Attack speed: Slow
    These creatures will be quick and pesky, and charge around.
    Weak: Fire
    Attack: Earth
    Defence: Thunder

Malicious Mantis:
    Spell: Projectile (ghast tear) - 1k dam
    Health: 5,000
    Attack speed: Fast
    These will dart around and attack you from afar.
    Weak: Water
    Attack: Thunder
    Defence: Earth

Calamity demon:
    Spell: Uppercut - 3k dam
    Health: 15,000
    Attack speed: normal
    Warning: Very dangerous.
    Weak: Earth
    Defence: Water

The point of these mobs is not that they are incredibly strong, but that there are lots of them attacking you at once, in hordes.

BOSSES
    Here are a few examples of bosses that could be used in the raids.

BOSS 1:
    Possessed Minotaur.
    Level: 175
    Damage 5/5 - 2k melee (normal speed)
    Speed 3/5
    Range 1/5
    Health: 400,000
    This boss would do large amounts of damage and charge around the arena, nearly 1 hitting most players, but would die quickly if it was aggro'd onto tanks who could survive it's outrageous damage.
    Weak: Fire
    Attack: Earth
    Defence: Thunder
    Spells: Charge - 8k damage.

BOSS 2:
    Kamakiri, the insect.
    Level: 150
    Damage 2/5 - 1k projectile (Fast speed)
    Speed 5/5
    Range 2/5
    Health: 600,000
    This boss would zoom around the area and pick off any person not paying attention, and would be difficult to hit. But would be killed easily after being frozen.
    Weak: Water
    Defence: Earth
    Spells: Super Projectile - 6k damage.

FINAL BOSS:
    Death Calamity, the master of hatred.
    Level: 300
    Damage 5/5 - 8k melee (Normal speed)
    Speed 3/5
    Range 4/5
    Health: 1,000,000
    This beast of a demon is fast, but incredibly strong. He can knock you out with one blow, either from his claws, or from the fire that he spits.
    Weak: Neutral
    Attack: All elements
    Defense: All elements
    Spells: Charge - 15k damage. (1 hits most players)
    Fire breath - 7k damage.

- It has also been suggested that this boss has different stages, to kind of change up the boss: Here are some names (I will add more detail later) suggested by @Kra3tys
    1st. Calamitous Demon (Fire)
    2nd. Catastrophic Demon (Earth)
    3rd. Disastrous Demon (Lightning)
    4th. Demon of Adversity (Water)
    5th.
    Afflicted Demon (Air)
    6th. Calamity God (All elements)

DROPS

Malicious
    Very Slow attack speed
    1-800 neutral damage

1-400 fire damage
    +450 health regen
    +2000 health
    +40% health regen
    +20 defense
    -20 intelligence
    +20% fire damage
    -50% water damage
    Created by a calamity demon in the depths of hell, with enough power to destroy an army in a single blow.

Untradable Mythic
    (spear)

This is only an example of one of the mythic drops from the final boss. :)

Any of your examples will be appreciated :D

This has been suggested by a few people, so instead of a mythic it could be something like this:

Diabolical
    Fast Attack speed
    20-100 neutral damage

100-300 fire damage
    +300 health regen
    +1000 health
    +30% health regen
    +15 defense
    -15 intel
    -40% water damage
    -60% water
    A weapon created with evil intention to overthrow those who ruled the kingdom of Wynn.

Raid item
    (bow)

CLASS LIMITATIONS
    Now, you would probably think that you could use something such as 15 mages and just sweep everything, all stacking together and healing and using meteors? Well no. There will be a limit to every class (Probably around 5 of each) so that 15 mages or 15 mana archers don't wipe out all the bosses.

Thats about it.

-1st edit: Added a puzzle.
    2nd edit: added a raid item
    3rd edit: changed boss names and loot split *kind of*

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    How do you expect me to destroy this suggestion if I can't even read it?

#DarkThemeLivesMatter

/s

SUPER M, Dr Zed, Pokextreme and 13 others like this.
  3. Hallowynn

Hallowynn fresh prince of garbage photoshop editing VIP+

Minecraft:
    i haven't read the entire thing, but i like the idea of a dungeon that requires teamwork and all with great rewards, you have my support

4. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    Thanks! It means alot to have any support :D

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Just a joke, but I was referring to how the text is mostly black as opposed to None.

6. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh ok :D Well, give me your best criticism. Im all open for it :D
    ps i dont see the point in using a bunch of wacky colours that make it difficult to read

7. Dohdo

Dohdo I'm back. Cancer in it's purest form.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How does it feel to be constipated?

8. Vezari

Vezari Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    No No! Why not a week like most other MMOs? And only 1 group a month? That will single out so many people wanting to try and complete it!

SUPER M likes this.
  9. ethanoot

ethanoot The Fruman Prince

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea. A super hard legendary island basically. I do feel some people will "abuse" it and just get many mythics. Maybe like legendary island, have custom items so it wont be like that.. i feel its a hybrid between leg island and corrupted islands. Which i like the combo. But I dont like the idea of only 1 group can enter, cause it will limit the options for A LOT of people. Maybe find an alternative way? But i like the idea

funnysillyman likes this.
  10. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    The 1 month is not definite, and the amount of groups could be increased to say 5, it's not all certain, as it may not be implemented (probably wont be)
    Ethanoot, there ya go ^ that applies to you aswell
    It can't be like every week or every few days because it would break the economy, where it needs fixing

11. Vezari

Vezari Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Still think it's more for groups of people rather than the casual player, you need to find a balance

12. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    I think a balance would be alright, but it would be better for groups. *large groups* It adds teamwork. Casual players have a shit ton of quests to do, unless they are level 100. If they are level 100, they will probably be wanted for raids. :)

13. scrubbedaccount

scrubbedaccount Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I somehow read this using dark theme. Feed me with some light + dark theme friendly text, oh yes!

Anyways, I do feel that, even with the overpowered bosses and whatnot, it can be easily abused. It took someone less than 2 days to solo Legendary Island (alka spear op better nerf assassin), so I feel like a GROUP of Alka/Gaia/Ether/Grim or Cata builds would just DESTROY the raid to get free mythics. If mythics are chosen for the reward, PLEASE make them untradable so the economy doesn't get corrupted like Hy(censored even tho you know this server probs)l's community.

A month seems WAY too long of a time for a single raid. Make it weekly, or even daily. (Hourly would just be too laggy + op). The group idea is somewhat flawed. Yes, I do like that you need to team to conquer it (much like other raids), but it's just not that great as well. HAX, the current top guild, is probably filled with LvL 101s with OP builds. Essentially, this is making the strong even stronger, and the weak/poor weaker/poorer.

The stats of the mobs and the loot aren't detailed enough! What kinds of puzzles are there in the dungeons? Where are they located? What are the exact ideal stats for the mobs? What is the loot you can find (if custom, provide stats), and for what levels? What spells do the mobs have? Simply stating "they must be extremely hard" or listing an idea for the mobs (the mob format isn't correct afaik. What are they weak to? What damage do they do (elemental)?) isn't enough.

The idea sounds great. Heck, I'd like to have something to do besides sitting in Freezing Heights and getting destroyed! But, this idea lacks SO MUCH detail that I can't 100% support it. Not only would it destroy the economy (if the items are tradable), but it would take too long for it to activate to make use of it (by this, I mean the time that it takes for the dungeon to activate for OP groups to go inside), as well as making the strong stronger and the weak weaker.

tl;dr: Read the paragraph above this sentence.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  14. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    As I said earlier, a month could be shortened so that it is weekly, like big MMOs. I will add more detail to the bosses, and state some of the puzzles. Ill also add some mobs to it, thanks for the help :)
    Also, I don't think that the best guilds will be able to do it every time. There will be lots of competition to who can get to the dungeon first and beat it, and bosses of course can be buffed or nerfed accordingly to how well they do in the dungeon, Ill also add some locations. The loot that will be dropped will be completely random gear, so I can't give a detailed explanation on it.
    Added quite a bit more, going to do some more later

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  15. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    1. The poll, it's triggering me. It's 'Gucci'.
    2. Once or twice a month makes it basically irrelevant. It should be once a day, in my opinion.
    3. Give the mobs actual stats. Elemental resistances and offenses. Attack stats, speed stats.

It has the potential to be good, just more examples and some improvements.

ethanoot likes this.
  16. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    Will do! Thanks for any advise. I changed the time to once or twice a week, but once a day in my opinion seems too overpowered. Can't change the poll name, sorry :(
    Better now? :D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    funnysillyman likes this.
  17. FRANCISS

FRANCISS voice HERO

Minecraft:
    bumperino :D

18. scrubbedaccount

scrubbedaccount Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    After the update you made to it, it looks way more promising!

Just one thing though; The mythic weapon you made has mana regen, not base HP regen. Judging on the stats and base dmg, it appears that this weapon is HEAVILY based on Fire, which is based on HP and HP Regen. Having a high percentage of HP regen, but low base HP regen will make it as effective as an oak spear against D.Cave. Possibly switch the MR to Base HP Regen? Just a small thing that sort of made me think.

I sort of think you still could elaborate more on the types of puzzles in the raids though. Would it be like a slider puzzle, or like the Block thing in Wynn ExB? The 4 colored glass in Wynn ExD? How about the Desperate Metal-esque puzzles? Bit more detail on this part could be nice.

tl;dr: Great improvement, change MR on spear idea to base hp regen, and more elaboration on the puzzles.

19. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Change your text color to none instead of black.
    None is the bottom bar on your color options.
    -1 until fixed.

20. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I can't give you feedback until you remove underline and make all text none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.