Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Housing In Wynncraft

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by CraterHater, Mar 7, 2017.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes, definitely.

38 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. If things are changed.

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. No, absolutely not.

38 vote(s)
    46.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dracathio

Dracathio Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Alright this is fun to read {not really didn't read much at all}.

Well I've played enough MMO's to know how housing would normally work. One mmo I played had en entirely different area filled with several houses that people would decorate but it required premium to get a house along with a crap ton of money. Another way of housing was like a farming plot of sorts which in that form it was given to you for free and you slowly expanded it as you got further along in the game and you slowly customized it using items you gathered around the game.

So on that note the aspect of trying to do housing on a minecraft server, the idea of allowing people to build their own home in my view is out of the question because I'd much rather have housing stay to the aspect of Wynncraft style instead of having a bunch of ugly houses filling up several plots of land as you walk around to see if people got anything set up. So on that note I've seen some housing in place in some videos on other servers where you would slowly upgrade the house and get more storage space and such and more land you could set up on. In the case of wynncraft you don't really need a place to build on.

On that last note here is what I would say should happen with housing:
    1. About 10 sizes smallest size is buyable at level 10 for around 20 emerald blocks {this first rank house adds a one small chest you can store stuff into like a special bank area}. You can than upgrade it every 10 levels to the point where the largest one is at level 100 and could cost a good ammount of liquid emerald. The reasoning for high pricing is due to extra storage in addition to having a bank. Though this could in all honesty get rid of the bank itself or keep the bank to cheap and keep housing as expensive and have housing as maybe a reason for people to buy vip in order to have the better housing.
    2. Allow housing to have usable item frames to show off legendaries. This is a bit hard though because it would also mean finding a way to make it so people can't glitch these houses and take a person's items {this is why this is a risky style but at same time it would make housing something people could want because they got a place to put all their collectables.}
    3. An area to show off horses you have bread and an area to keep pets if something is figured out.
    4. A place where a person may be able to use their professions if there is such a thing in this game I haven't a clue if there is I only just started.
    5. The housing would need to be in a different area all together it's own overworld portal from hub.

All in all housing isn't easy to figure out specially if it's far more unique than most servers because of the style of minecraft server Wynncraft is. So to try to make a housing system for wynncraft that would suit it, would be a challenge in itself, it could be something that is set up after they add corkus unless they are already working on figuring something out. Like I mentioned though trying to make housing worth while would mean to try to make a new plugin or find a plugin that would stop people from being able to glitch items from item frames as well as armor stands because I sure as heck would love to show off gear in a house that I don't wear any more but is just there to show off, even better is if the gear on the armor stand as well as in item frames had the hollogram text above it to show off what gear type it is. The additional storage housing could give would also mean it should be more expensive as well. Meaning it should be something that has a limition unless you are VIP or higher. That way a normal player can have minimal housing but you would need to donate to get the better housing. I would hope that doesn't really go against the EULA.

Edited: The aspect of housing seams to get a bunch of hate from what I've heard in discord, people saying it just isn't for wynn kinda sounds ridiculous. The idea of housing is basic, a place to sit back and relax after you've gone around and finished a lot of quests and such. A place to show off things you've collected. A place for your horses to rest. A place for your pets to call home. Soldiers always have a place they would call home no matter how much they battle. The only issue with housing is the effort that would have to go into it. That's why first tier would be for normal players while the rest would be for donators who have bought VIP, VIP+, and than Hero each donator rank would get it's own respective tier house possibly.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Dexmio likes this.
  2. wypark

wypark I'm stalking you

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft= Medieval times! This ain't the futuristic world!(Excluding corkus)

Attached Files:

3. Gort

Gort His Royal Pimpness CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please tell me where you heard that people in medieval times didn't have houses. also you said futuristic, not implying modern times, so does that mean we don't live in houses now either?

4. wypark

wypark I'm stalking you

Minecraft:
    I doubt you would see "FOR SALE" next to a medieval house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.