Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Legendary/mythic Drop Label 61 Supporters (89.7%)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Cookiezzzzzzz, Dec 14, 2016.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes +1

67 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. Maybe (depends if a flaw was to be fixed)

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookiezzzzzzz

Cookiezzzzzzz Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay, just a small suggestion maybe? I find that in group grinding or just in general, sometimes the loot can get real messy. Your inventory quickly fills up in 1-2 minutes, and then you end up leaving some items on the floor. Now, I know that people who have wynnenhanced are able to see all equipment's rarity. Which is something that seems unfair, especially to people who don't have it or can't get it for w/e reason. I mean, imagine this; there are 5 people grinding with a totem. Someone gets a legendary/mythic drop, but they can't pick it up from full inv. And they won't take the time to empty their inv constantly to keep checking to make sure they don't miss any good loot. And then... Someone else has wynnenhanced swoops in, makes bank, and maintains an even bigger divide in the economy.

So... what I'm suggesting is, maybe have that label feature but only for legendary and mythic items? And also have the label only appear to you if it is your drop; once the timer is over meaning anyone can pick it up, then the label will appear for all players. Same with if you drop your weapon. If someone accidentally drops their weapon (what if mythic??!?!?!?) and due to a grind party they lose it while someone else gets it due to not knowing which item is theirs amidst the chaos, then RIP. But if this were implemented, no problem! You can still see your item, drop items to make room, and pick it back up.

Idk if this is easily done with coding/command blocks or w/e. But this seems almost like a necessary change that can drastically improve game play. Also feel free to criticize below. Not really sure if this is that great of an idea.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @ElementalEnder suggests to simply make a chat msg appear if you get a legendary/mythic drop.
    I guess there might be some pros and cons to both systems if either were to be implemented.

A chat system would be nice for if you get a drop from mob. It's also easier to add, and would probably not be as laggy. But still, in a grinding frenzy, you still don't know where the item exactly is.

A label system would tell you exactly where the item is, but may be harder to implement. And if you accidentally drop your weapon, at least a label would allow you to pick it back up quickly. Idk, thoughts people?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  3. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It forces us to use curse which doesn't work on many computers, and the creator won't give us a valid reason as to why he won't release an alternate download and to why he prevents us from using it without curse.

4. BuffAirSpear

BuffAirSpear Avos Air Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    yussssss just gimme that :o i need it ;-; i mean yeah i could use the wynncraft enhanced pack (which i also really like) however joining servers is a huge pain with it because it always crashes and kicks you sooooo i really need dis D:

5. ThaUnknown_

ThaUnknown_ Wynncraft Enhanced Modpack Creator VIP+

Minecraft:
    Many? just urs and there's no way you didint mess with ur pc somehow cuz MANY people run win10 and curse without a problem

6. x_Adrii

x_Adrii Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    that would be great.. i sadly can't use wynn enchanced because every time i open my inventory my game crashes for whatever reason

Nukewarmachine, Miles_ and XavierEXE like this.
  7. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Do you want me to go through your thread and quote all the people that have trouble running curse to prove you wrong

8. BuffAirSpear

BuffAirSpear Avos Air Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    hummm i dont think its my pc lol its more my connection or something i guess because it works perfectly fine when i am at home in germany but not when i am at University in switzerland (though curse forge does crash every time while starting the launcher) also in general wynn enhanced is kinda more laggy and slower for me then normal wynn no matter if its on 1.8.9 or 1.9+

CookedPelvis likes this.
  9. ThaUnknown_

ThaUnknown_ Wynncraft Enhanced Modpack Creator VIP+

Minecraft:
    modpack not curse

10. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    We want the label feature to be implemented into the actual Wynncraft game.

And like XavierEXE said:

ShadowWarp, Cloud, Kraetys and 3 others like this.
  11. Lemon

Lemon God has forsaken me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    why not just a chat msg when one drops?

12. C2HWarrior

C2HWarrior Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    i like this idea. its much easier to impliment and basically doesthe same thing

Nukewarmachine and XavierEXE like this.
  13. Cookiezzzzzzz

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That would be interesting... Although if one were to do a drop party, maybe the chat might get a little bit spammy if you were to keep dropping legendaries? Unless it could be a toggable option to have it notify you or not through /[command]

14. C2HWarrior

C2HWarrior Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    make it only happen when the unidentified legendary item drops from a mob and make it only msg the person who killed that mob. job done

15. Cookiezzzzzzz

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think you read my entire suggestion then. Because my suggestion also includes for when you DROP a legendary/mythic yourself. So in a grind party, if you accidentally drop your weapon, you can at least find it and get it back. Without the label system, how would you retrieve your weapon as someone else just takes it?

Edit: I guess there might be some pros and cons to both systems if either were to be implemented.

A chat system would be nice for if you get a drop from mob. But still, in a grinding frenzy, you still don't know where the item exactly is.

A label system would tell you exactly where the item is, but may be harder to implement. Idk, thoughts people?

C2HWarrior likes this.
  16. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Curse works on my PC but tbh I prefer Forge/Liteloader/Technic/FTB. Mainly because I can remove your minimap and add my own.

17. kazumeep

kazumeep PhD in Procrastination VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I tried using the modpack and after I logged into a world, the whole screen literally just freezes and I thought it was downloading the rescource pack but nope. After a while I could move but after I've done so, I get kicked and it says "Disconnected" :(

EDIT:
    yeah so I personally think this is a good idea.
    +1 supporter!

XavierEXE and Cookiezzzzzzz like this.
  18. Foxey

Foxey Just a human VIP

Minecraft:
    +1 suppoter
    make it like the modpack where it shows the location of the item

Cookiezzzzzzz likes this.
  19. Cookiezzzzzzz

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ik, this bump does seem a little selfish. But I think this is worth bumping.

20. SpaceGerm

SpaceGerm TheOne&Only

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    +1 I love this idea so much! One time, I was grinding at the ice peaks near Rodoroc. I was alone. Soon my inventory was full, so I decided to throw away all my trash loot somewhere I won't pick it up. Then, out of no where PsychoThreapy comes in and takes all the loot on the floor when I was just about to pick it up. Psycho says,"Cool, I got a legendary chestplate on the floor!" I was sooooo mad!

Cookiezzzzzzz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.