Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design No Ranged Mobs Near Parkour

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Overload, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overload

Overload Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    There are so many jump and runs with ranged mobs which are hitting you off, so annoying...

2. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    This is an excellent point, the best (worst) example of this is during the quest Purple and Blue when you have to do the parkour where only 3 or 4 blocks exist at a time. During this, there a squid below with ranged attacks, mobs that spawn near the start which hit hard and if a player is using 1.9 or above, the glass panes become the smallest block possible to try and land on. This section NEEDS a change.

3. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Purple and Blue, House of Twain, and Eye of the Storm, along with a few other quests I probably missed all suffer from this issue.

4. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I actually deleted a class because of House of Twain...

5. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Purple And Blue, yes.

House of Twain, I have never had any issues with this. Which section are you talking about?

Eye of the Storm is just shit and should never have existed flat-out. I hate it.

6. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    1. I heard that this quest was a test for a few command block things, maybe that's why the parkour seems a bit unpolished, for the lack of a better word.
    2. The section with the coal block parkour in the cave before the prison cell area, the enemies that look like ender eyes are RANGED, and knock me off the platforms.
    3. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!

AetherArising likes this.
  7. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will see what I can do about perhaps fixing that.

The Lost Souls? Simply kill them before attempting the parkour.

I was utterly snubbed...

AetherArising and XavierEXE like this.
  8. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Last time I tried the quest it took me 4 tries to do the parkour because their range is so absurd and they respawn too fast.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  9. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "attackRate: 0.9"

"speed: 0.3"

"vision: 16"

"respawnPercent: 3.0"

10. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I liek EotS ;~;
    It has a really interesting story (if not anything actually lore-wise). It was kind of confusing but also super fun. You do a quick run through that crypt (which didn't make much sense tbh). Then, you sneak into Lexdale, the abandoned broken town. A former authority tells you of a group of cultists trying to destroy their homeland. You enter an underground passage with fun, difficult puzzles to get to a wizard's house. He gives the background of this evil group, then asks you to infiltrate and fight through their lair to get to the leader, who ends up being a well balanced boss fight. If you were to change it in any way, change the dialogue so that it makes a bit more sense for one of my favorite quests.

LotKnockMC likes this.
  11. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    The only good parts are the puzzles @Lotem made

Lotem likes this.
  12. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Priest: "Hey these cultists are bad, go save this guy."
    *maze-like area with obscure passages*
    *hellhound out of nowhere*
    Kidnapped guy: "Yo these cultists are trying to kill me because they're evil but they say they've not evil because we're evil because we're not evil. Don't worry, I can leave this room with heavily armed psychopaths who brought me down here in the first place, you can go now that you've accomplished nothing."
    Priest: "Oh hey did you know this church in the middle of nowhere had an artifact of doom that was actually in Wynn before it was brought here for no reason and hidden here from before the time where humans were allowed in Gavel? That's a sensible thing to do, right? By the way those culty guys dashed in here like a minute ago and took it to the town, go fix it."
    Cultists: "Oh, you can't go into a fully-fledged town that you can actually enter the boundaries of before completing this quest and therefore respawn there with no clear way out if you die cause we own it. Don't even think about going into the obvious entrance-hole next to us.
    Mayor: "Hey man I know at this point that you've probably killed a few bosses that are way tougher than anything Gavel's thrown at you but hey go on my roof for a sec. Don't worry I hid the path to the balcony expertly."
    *you look at the one defining feature of the Kander Forest that everyone knows about for two seconds*
    Mayor: "HOLY SHIT WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG QUICK GET IN MY BASEMENT HURRY"
    *you go into the basement and find a massive tunnel that -still- has cultists and shit in it even though it was supposedly safe*
    Mayor: "BY THE WAY I PUT A PUZZLE DOWN THERE"
    *suddenly sliding puzzle to waste 60 seconds of your time*
    Wizard: "Nah these guys are amateurs but they still have a fucking demon hand jutting out of the ground since they got their special artifact like ten minutes ago, these cultists are terrible at their jobs but they're also a massive threat, go get me a thing so you can go into this area that your Purified Helmet of Legends should easily protect you from, no you can't go in there with it because reasons."
    Cultist Guy: "YO IM GONNA FUCK YOU UP IF YOU GET NEAR ME"
    *he dies in a matter of seconds*
    Wizard: "Okay, awesome, now that you have this scroll that lets me send people into the culty place that was stolen from me a very long while ago, go meet up with this guy that's been in there since after the scroll was stolen but since before you got here, he'll help you."
    *parkour+ranged enemies*
    Spy guy: "Hey, I got a letter from the wizard guy thanks to Deus Ex Mailchina ExpressDelivery service: Running your messages through areas impossible to go through by normal means since 1897! Turns out that I can't help because my arms are useless ever since I got cut on my leg. Now SHUT UP AND HURRY TO THE NEXT ROOM THESE AMATEUR CULTISTS ARE GONNA RAISE THE DEMON CONNECTED TO THAT HAND"
    Generic Satan #297: "MUAHAHAHA I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD BECAUSE I'M A DEMON WE DO THAT RIGHT"
    Spy guy: "QUICK GO GRIND INSTEAD OF TRYING TO KILL THE BOSS BECAUSE REASONS! Wait, how I got here? Oh, I just ran ahead of you across this massive chamber with my cut up leg that keeps me from fighting, why do you ask?"
    Spy Guy: "Okay you brought me five pearl necklaces that have nothing to do with the boss whatsoever since they had to use a special artifact of doom from another province to raise him, awesome now we can kill him!
    Generic Satan #297: "NOOOO MY 24TH WEAKNESS! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, MORTAL!"
    Spy Guy: "Awesome, go kill a demon prince now! Don't worry, even though that hand raised out of the hill is literally his, he's not even a hundredth of the size of it so you can kill him! Wait, how I got here? Oh, I just ran ahead of you across this massive chamber with my cut up leg that keeps me from fighting, why do you ask?"
    *generic satan dies*
    Spy guy: "Cool you got the artifact of doom back! Now bring this back to wizard-man. Don't worry, I'll be fine in this giant pit of death and despair with the demon's strongest minions, I can fight even though I have a cut up leg which makes me totally impotent while fighting, you can go!"
    Wizard: "Shit you're back already I didn't get to practice my generic totally-not-ripped-off-from Lord of the Rings speech. Uhhh, here's some money now go away."
    -end quest-

Ackro, Darakadon, ShamBot and 39 others like this.
  13. CrunchyCol

CrunchyCol CrunchyCOOL CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Sums it up pretty well, I'd say.

14. Killerbug191

Killerbug191 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I believe Selvut is my new favorite GM.

15. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    gasterneutral2.png

No, this sums it up well...

gasterangry.png

It's shit.

16. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Summarize any quest like that and it sounds stupid.
    -Underwater
    Yes hey random dude this ship has been here for long time and I've always wanted someone to go down and get generic sunken treasure for me but you can't do it because you drown lol
    I know this guy who has boat and for some reason carries a completely normal hat and he thinks it's very special and stuff because it has magical air thingy. He will give you this helmet for a Some bacon and manly milk because now it's less special
    Ya now you can come back to me the creepy old guy who sits in front of a wrecked boat for years and jump into a sketchy hole in the ground that I assure will 100% lead to treasure and not a watery grave even tho nobody has ever been there
    Oh yay you can't see shit too
    Now just like swim around and not drown lol and get that treasure
    Then come back up and generic thank you for doing my shit response and give you these boots that were in the treasure although you can clearly see they were not in the treasure that you literally just brang up to me

17. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Except in that, the story actually makes some sense. Get a magic helmet to retrieve treasure lost long ago, because you can't breathe long enough to get it without drowning.

In EOTS it constantly contradicts itself, goes entirely against the lore, is awfully designed in every sense of the word, and is ridiculously unsatisfying, and this is from a GAVEL quest which not only took multiple months to make, but was supposed to raise the quest's standards of quality to a higher bar instead of bringing it back down below that of a quest that was literally made in like a half-hour so there would be quests for an update years ago.

18. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Hopefully someday in the far future EOTS will get a revamp of sorts.

I like to associate that quest with really generic Action Movie Trailer music in accordance with it's very cliche theme.

Sliding puzzle was cool though.

Nyam and XavierEXE like this.
  19. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Lotem likes this.
  20. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As cool as the sliding puzzle might be, it comes out of nowhere, is relatively easy, and has literally no reason to be there except to be there. That gives me a bias against it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.