Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

A Way To Optimize Wynn?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by lmbest, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmbest

lmbest The Smartest Shinobi

So i've been playing Wynncraft for about 2 and a half years now and there was always this one problem i got, I would start playing and my FPS would be at 60 or so, But about 5 minutes later it would drop to around 7 FPS, what is strange is that it never happens anywhere else, not in single-player, or on other servers. So i was wondering if there was some way to optimize Wynn, Like having a resource pack that only has what 'Needs' to be changed like E.g. Redstone Torches to A Pile of Books, or those dirt slabs etc, etc. Or perhaps smaller servers so less of the world is loaded at a time. or maybe even personal servers that you get if you are in a certain Rank. In any case it just bums me out that i can't enjoy such a wonderful game without FPS drops, So i hope you guys can figure something out 'cause i really want to enjoy Wynncraft the way it's supposed to be enjoyed.

-Lmbest

P.S. if this is in the wrong forum thread, Sorry, I'm not to good at the whole forum thing xD

PurifyX likes this.
  2. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For lag, try installing optifine.

3. lmbest

I have, and i've also done some coding with the JVM stuff to even boost my FPS even more

4. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well I'm no expert, so idk how to help

5. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ordinary reduce lag thread. The resource pack is Wynncraft, so we cant change it. My preferences is to use optifine, have 6 or more render distance, and fast graphics

6. PurifyX

PurifyX D1rTe G3nj1 MalN VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe if you read instead of commenting halfway through :) he's asking if there's ways he can play without lagging so much. Not "UN FUCKING PLAYABLE REDUCE LAG NOW OR I SUE" he's literally willing to donate to get a private server to hopefully reduce lag ( Prob not gonna happen what he's willing to. ) So why don't you just hop off the bandwagon of hating people with lag and actually READ??

7. FoxAndTheDoodler

FoxAndTheDoodler The Fox and the Doodler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I used to have this. It usually happens when your minecraft is running out of memory while playing. Ways to fix this would be getting optifine and allocating more RAM to Minecraft.

8. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    From who did you learn that I only read halfway through? No one said that and I'm saying that it's a type of reduce lag thread. I'm not insulting him, and I'm also giving him advice. Before you reply to me, learn to NOT GUESS THINGS.

Avidify likes this.
  9. PurifyX

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "ordinary reduce lag thread"

Fruit987 likes this.
  10. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He guessed because you said "they are reducing lag". He's talking about FPS lag, not tick lag, which FPS lag cant be fixed by the server.

11. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I said that, but it's not f*cking insulting. If you got me wrong, that's not my fault.

12. lmbest

Lol, what i mean is that there is something on the server that just eats up all my memory i have 6 gigs of ram and 4 of them are in minecraft if i didn't put a cap on my FPS i would get around 120 on any other server so thats why i used the key word "Optimize" :3
    And just to make it a bit easier to understand, When someone is making a console game they don't optimize it for the console in till after the game is done thats when they finds way to compress this and smoothen that so it can run at a somewhat smooth FPS when it gets released.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  13. PurifyX

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    W
    Although you say it wasn't an insult "ordinary reduce lag thread" sounds like you're saying he s asking the server to reduce lag and not what he's saying which is "what can I do to reduce lag" either way I misunderstood but with the way you started off your reply someone's gonna misunderstand eventually. However I do apologize for my mistake.

14. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thank you for your apologize.

PurifyX likes this.
  15. Avidify

Avidify 10 > 50 stacks of LE in 1 month || Pricechecker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This isn't server sided. My recommendation would be get a better computer. I never drop below 260fps (Except in detlas)

16. lmbest

I'm not even talking about fixing my lag i am talking about if we can "optimize" the server mostly out of curiosity

17. Fruit987

Fruit987 Medieval Talker VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Oh wait you said sorry

lmbest and kojirobin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.