Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

The Fifth Spell

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Kraetys, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have an idea for a fifth spell type, based on your highest stat, or highest stat that your class is based on. Or perhaps when a stat reaches a certain point, like say, 100 intelligence for mages, or something.
    Perhaps based the concept on strength/defense, which one is higher.
    If you have higher strength base it on an attack spell, if you have higher defense, give them a spell or passive ability to make them more defensive. Really this is all just off the top of my head.
    This all stemmed from numerous needs for a move that produces light on my mage.
    Or perhaps a shield? Idk.

2. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    But how will it be activated? I mean other spell combos would activate, making the fifth spell unusable

Creecreeprs likes this.
  3. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are no click combinations that could support a fifth spell, and shifting/jumping to activate will completely break the flow of fights.

4. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Middle Click?

motoki1 likes this.
  5. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    Hold right/left click isn't used, I even made a suggestion for it but it died pretty soon.

XavierEXE likes this.
  6. LotKnockMC

LotKnockMC S̵͚̉i̸̥͔̞̒̕͜n̷̦̹̱͒̈́̚g̶͈̳̙͇͗̾̋̾ͅë̶͔́̌͋ṙ̶̢̧̭͕ VIP+

Minecraft:
    This would make it extremely hard for people who use trackpads. (Though if you use a trackpad for wynn there's something wrong with you)

Kuzkay, Andy0132 and XavierEXE like this.
  7. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Fairly certain it cannot be detected unless in creative mode

XavierEXE likes this.
  8. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That.
    Too finicky. Clicking quickly could be counted as a hold and mess up the flow of spellcasting, plus that would leave a lot of unavailable slots for spells, which if we didn't want "HOLY SHIT YOUVE GOT LIKE 15 SLOTS BUT ONLY 5 SPELLS LAZY DEVS GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER" we would have to fill, which would take a ridiculous amount of work.

9. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It can, if you are holding an item in your hotbar and middle click that same item in the world in survival, your cursor in your hotbar will snap to that item.

Like, if I have some dirt in my hotbar but I'm holding my sword, then I middle click the dirt I'm standing on, the game instantly selects the dirt in my hotbar for me.

LotKnockMC likes this.
  10. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It may cause a snap-to, but it has no function towards actually -using- the item. In addition, not all mouses have a middle-click function.

XavierEXE likes this.
  11. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The four-spell system is simple and clean. It works perfectly fine, and if more spells -do- get added, I still do not think the combinations would be changed, but instead there would be a way to substitute spells in.

I am not a coder, and I am -far- from an end-all, be-all decider of suggestions. I am simply stating what I believe to be the case, and while I hesitate to say this at risk of sounding like a complete jackass, I do work with the designers of the game and hear about things such as this, so I do know something about what I say. Aside, a middle-click function is not necessarily standard issue, so it would alienate some players by locking them out of a spell.

Lastly. Elements or spells, if you think they should be changed somehow, should be discussed in a separate thread. This is a thread on adding a new spell rather than overhauling a system.

12. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am only saying things that -the playerbase itself- has told people that ask for further spells or suggest an extra click or method of casting be added, however. Middle-click has been denied, and sneaking/jumping during a cast has also been debunked as too disruptive, by many other players, in the past. I am not sure if you were here before the 9/7 thread wipe(I mean this completely genuinely), but there were a number of "ultimate spell" threads with similar casting methods to this that were denied due to the method of casting rather than the ability itself that you may have seen if you were here then.

13. serennata_

serennata_ Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I like the four spell system. Imo, it works perfectly well >.< I'd hate to complexify everything more after the update. I like ez spells :D

14. serennata_

serennata_ Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I don't know tho. I like it without the fanatic "OMG I NEED TO GET THIS SPELL" or the "I DONT THINK THIS SPELL BUILD WORKS BUT NO OTHERS WORK EITHER" idea in wynn, dontcha think?

15. ashdalf

ashdalf wagoo wagoo

Can't you just add 4 click combinations?

16. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    With what clicks? Archers MUST initiate spells with left-click, as right-clicking shoots an arrow, while Mages, Warriors, and Assassins MUST initiate spells with right-click, as left-clicking looses an attack. We have exhausted all combinations using the options available.

Gogeta and Morgan83 like this.
  17. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I think he means like Left-Right-Left -Right

18. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    Wouldn't that mean changing the current spells to 4-click spells too? The spells as they are require 3-clicks in order to use them; if there is a 4-click spell added, then the 3-click spells would be registered as an "incomplete spell combination" because it's only 3-clicks out of 4-clicks. If that makes sense.

Gogeta and XavierEXE like this.
  19. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Yep.

20. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I use track pad sometimes ._.

Gogeta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.