Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

New "secondary Items". (1.9!)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Shingaru_, Mar 12, 2016.

?

Did you like the idea?

1. Yes! It was really good! I hope they add it.

36.4%
  2. It's hard to choose. It is smart, although I think it's not really that good.

36.4%
  3. Nah, it sucks. I don't like it.

27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shingaru_

Shingaru_ Beware of the Zucc

Hello! Since the release of 1.9 I've thought of an awesome idea that every RPG has! And the thing that I am talking about is the secondary items! Here is my suggestion:

With the new "left hand" (depends of your settings if you have turned on "Lefty" I think it's called.) I thought maybe you could add new items that can be held in your left hand. Here are the items for every class:
    -Warrior/Knight- A basic shield. It would give more HP(like most items in the game) and with it, you will take less damage by monsters!(for starter shields which are for lvl 1-13 it would be maybe 15% less dmg and etc.)
    -Archer/Hunter- I dunno if this one will work, but it's a basic knife. If you are a lvl 100 with an archer AND you have the best items in the game, your knife will maximally do up to 50 damage.(Because you gotta use your bow!!!)
    -Mage/Dark Wizard- I have 2 items for this one actually! They are the Orb and the Spell Book. They will boost your mana regen. and give you more health. For normal damage these items will sometimes get up to 25+ attack damage.
    -Assassin/Ninja- Well if you have seen any assassins or ninjas you know that they have 2 DAGGERS! You can have 2 DIFFERENT weapons(the secondary one will deal less damage though) and the effects from the second weapon still count!

-Well, that was it! Secondary items for 1.9! If you want, you can answer the poll so I know you've liked it! That was all from me, so goodbye and have a WYNN-derful day! :)

EDIT: I realized that when you have an item in your left hand, you can't cast spells(like with Warrior/Knight's Shield). So, I've come with a solution! When you start preparing a spell, your secondary item gets taken out of your inventory so it doesn't glitch out the spell!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    Stycore and Ascended Kitten like this.
  2. donda biblioteca

donda biblioteca donda esta dond CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    U cant do spell if u using duel wielding:/

Fread likes this.
  3. Shingaru_

Oh, I forgot about that... Maybe when you start doing a spell, the secondary weapon/item gets taken out of your inventory. I think that would make sense.

4. Oh_Yeah_MrKrabs

Oh_Yeah_MrKrabs Bird Wizard VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wynn took for ever to be 1.8 (Is it even 1.8 full yet?), It should take for ever for it to be 1.9

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yes, it's been full 1.8 for a while now. It's also currently pseudo-1.9, but only because they disabled everything from 1.9. So basically, you can join Wynn using a 1.9 client, but none of the features of 1.9 ar ethere.

6. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Then what's the point? Disabling dual-wield entirely is already possible.

7. Shingaru_

What I ment was when you start doing your spell, your secondary item is no longer in your inventory, when you have finished the spell, it comes back.

8. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's been full 1.8 since Gavel, and we're currently on a 1.9 hybrid. Full 1.9 shouldn't take over a year like full 1.8 did. 1.8 rewrote like half of the game, while 1.9 mostly just added new features that didn't really change the existing code that much. So, no idea when 1.9 will come out but hopefully it should be out quicker than it took for 1.8.
    Except if you want to use your secondary item, it would trigger the spell.

9. EJCrusher

EJCrusher Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    No. I like staying on the 1.8 client thank you.

10. Wikonimo

Wikonimo Assassinating Explorer

How would you use the item in your offhand?

11. Shingaru_

I guess the offhand weapon will just give you more attack damage. Still, assassins/ninjas look way better with 2 daggers amiright?

12. Retathrah

Retathrah Retired Nostalgia Hunter, Tired Metalworker CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    How about the basic knife for archer/hunter lvl up with the class and do more damage to match the level apparently, like normal tiered daggers. It doing a max of 50 damage at lvl 100 has no use, and would be pointless to have.

I may want to mention that one would have to crouch or something to hit with it because of the spell casting mechanic. Or re-invent the spell casting system, which will never happen for the next decade of anything

The warrior and assassin ideas would have to do something so the spells don't get cast when not needed or vise-versa and Mage is just "Meh"

Not seeing these in game anytime soon, sorry

13. McFuzzyChipmunk

McFuzzyChipmunk Knights of Gavel Guild Master

Guild:
    i know you're trying to make every class have a second item but an archer we would get no benefit from having a knife, i dont k now what we could have but there would just be no point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.