Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Horse Spell System And Armour [15 Supporters, 0 Against]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Metroite, Jan 10, 2016.

?

Would you prefer an update for horses ?

1. Yes, I want to have such a horse !

100.0%
  2. Yes, but it needs some optimisations... (Feel free to suggest!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, it's better how it is right now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, it's a game breaker!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metroite

Metroite Skilled Adventurer

Horses should get an overwork to make them more usefull, Horse Armour and Horse Spells would be usefull and this would make horses more attractive to players!
    Here is an example for a Horse Armour.

Horse Armour Example:

Goros Suit

Fire Defense: -15
    Water Defense: +30

Lv. Min: 14

+18 Spell Damage
    -7 Walking Speed
    +26 Jump Boost
    +6 XP Boost
    -18 Mana-Cost
    +29 Tier-Up Chance

[0/1] Slots
    Unique Item

There is also no possibility to use your own spells on horses, so I also thought about Horse Spells and here's an example:

Horse Spell Example:
    [Righ, Right, Right]
    Horse Dash
    [Grade 1] - Lv. Min: 6: The Horse will dash in a direction. [Distance: 15 Blocks, Horse-Mana: -3.5, Damage: 1%, Speed: 12b/s] (<-- b/s = Block per second)
    Horse Dash [Grade 2] - Lv. Min: 13: Every enemie in his way will get knocked away. [Distance: 20 Blocks, Horse-Mana: -3, Speed: 17b/s, Damage: 15%]
    Horse Dash [Grade 3] - Lv. Min: 23: You can now affect the direction while dashing. [Distance: 25 Blocks, Horse-Mana: -2.5, Speed: 20b/s, Damage: 25%]

But for this we would need up to 5 Tiers at horses, this is'nt really necessary but it would be better if the Spell-System has more space between the end-level! (default: 1-40, like this: 1-50)

Horse-Mana should be the health bar of the horse and it should get more with more levels:

Horse Level-Up: 13
    + Walking Speed
    + Jump Boost
    +2 Horse-Mana (displayed as the health of the horse)
    Upgraded: Horse Dash!
    Learned new spell: Leap! (<-- keep in mind, these are just examples. I'm not the one designing the spells in Wynncraft!)

Horse breeding should also get easier, it's statistically impossible to have a Tier 4 Horse. (You'll need very much emeralds and luck!)

Horse Breeding Example:
    Golden Apples could be used to breed horses and if you're lucky you can get a horse with a higher Tier, but if you're not you can get one with lesser Tier! (Higher level, highers the chance!)
    A Baby-Horse will grow up, you won't be able to ride him at the beginning.

To slower the process only horses with the same Tier can breed:
    Tier 1 Horse and a Tier 1 Horse can breed a Tier 2 Horse or a Tier 1 Horse again.
    Tier 2 Horse and a Tier 2 Horse can breed a Tier 3 Horse or a Tier 1 Horse.
    Tier 3 Horse
    and a Tier 3 Horse can breed a Tier 4 Horse or a Tier 2 Horse.
    Tier 4 Horse
    and a Tier 4 Horse can breed a Tier 5 Horse or a Tier 3 Horse.

F.A.Q: (This F.A.Q. could expand!)

But how to find a Golden Apple ?

A Golden Apple could be a rare drop from Apples (found in Detlas Suburb).

What happens with the Horses before ?
    You could sell them at the Item-Buyers... this system prevents to need to be rich to breed.

What's with the level of the Baby-Horse ?
    The Level of the Baby-Horse is going to be 0. It's a new horse.

What are the other spells ?!!!?!?!
    I'm not designing the spells, I'll let the Wynn-Team do! (Horse Dash and Leap were just examples!)

But Wynncraft is lagging too much for this!
    I can't do anything about that! Maybe if the ingame servers would get limited to 40 players instead of 60 players, lags could be reduced.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Pairjax, Salted and Zev like this.
  2. yojurriaan

yojurriaan Well-Known Adventurer

Horse breeding requires money, not luck. The concept sounds good but it needs more work :)

Metroite likes this.
  3. Metroite

What could be added in your opinion ? :)

4. GodlySkull

GodlySkull Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    exactly
    :DD

5. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It also requires a bit of luck.

6. FishWaffle

FishWaffle It's ya boi VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not sure about the spells myself, however, the armor I can totally get behind.

7. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually thought of spell casting on horses a while ago. My idea was the your 1st, 2nd, and 4th spell would be the same but your 2nd spell would change to a trample sort of attack. I like the armor idea too.

8. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

Great idea, a few questions though:
    If you equip armor on a horse then breed the horse what happens to the armor?
    The level for the spell upgrades and armor requirements is the horse's level as opposed to the player's level right?
    Can you list out the rest of the spells/spell upgrades?

9. Metroite

1. The armour should just be available for the upgraded horse.
    2. Its just like how the classes work for players. Horses can level up and they learn more spells and upgrade their spells.
    3. Horse-Dash was just a fast idea, I think the Wynn-Team can do this better than me! :)

Also I forgot to mention that "Defense" is absorbing the damage.
    So if a mob does 100 Water-Damage and if the horse wears the "Goros Suit", 30% will be absorbed (100 - 30% = 70) and the player will get the remaining damage. (70 Water-Damage in this case)

10. Pairjax

Pairjax Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think that the core of what you're going here is GREAT, but the truth is that it just needs more fleshing out. Press the edit button, see what you can change. Create more examples, and segment the document you've already created into clearly divided and labeled sections for each topic of the source. Create images with actual examples, in-game, of what the experience would look like, and complete all of the different spells for your horse you can cast.

In general, this is a great, and topical issue. I sure would love to see this put into the game, because as it is the horse feels like a gap between a fully fleshed weaponry system, with complex and diverse methodology, to a near-impossible horse system, where you can spend all of your LE on just getting the second tier of horse which does almost nothing to your speed on land in comparison to, say, a mage's teleportation spells and a few mana potions.

The only issue I see is that delivering damage on a horse would be most difficult if we created a damage-based spell, as it is a strange beast to maneuver, but I'm sure if your idea gets noticed by the developers they can figure something out.

Pros of Your Ideas
    * The Idea for Horse Absorption of Damage is great, keep that.
    * Horse armor is something they've always intended to add, keep on working on that and give them some points of fleshing out.
    * The idea of reusing a weapon's spell casting system, but for horses is genius. Not just genius, completely novel and efficient. Please keep this, because if the Dev team sees this I'm sure they'll agree with me that it's a must-add. As I said before, it would be nice, although difficult, to implement some damage factors to your spells, based on the weaponry you wield.

Cons of Your Ideas
    * Horses are difficult to maneuver, you did not mention anything about how you would personally change that, if you agree with that opinion of a horse's difficulty to maneuver.
    * Mana cannot be seen while riding a horse, except for when it occasionally flashes up on the screen since the new Gavel Update. This would prove it difficult to use spells on a horse.
    * Lag can seriously hinder the usefulness of many gameplay mechanics, but none so badly as the intensity of lag when riding a horse. I would say your best bet would to start by asking the dev team to spend some bent-back time, for when 1.9 comes out or while they prepare to really move on to Dern, to work on how they can optimize lag before they focus on horses, because if you really want them to add this it could seriously destroy the usefulness of the horse if they have that many things to process while they are riding it that it can't even move an inch forward.

Personal Advice
    I think a key factor of what will make or break your idea will be the 1.9 update. Simply put, horse armor has durability, and in the new update every level of durability on an item can have it's personal model. Using this, you could really key in on full 3-D models, as well as the use of particle effects to give visual flare. This isn't a part of actual mechanics, but for the developers, specifying these could possibly help save time to plan the idea for how they would go about that segment of the planning for them. But most of all, put your heart out onto this page. I think this page was really needed, so make sure it is pretty enough to gain the attention of the dev team. Go for it!

Thanks for reading,

Le Thaumaturge.

11. Zev

Zev wow VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice post.

12. Metroite

I really apprishade your comment!
    At the beginning I just wanted to show the devs this concept. But if you give so much love into this project I could try to add more content into it. I don't know how to answer such a comment! It's just too much! :)

I'll be working on it if I'm at home!

13. Metroite

UPDATED THE POST!
    Be free to ask and suggest ! :)

Sadly, there is no durability for horse armour, but you're totally right. This would be just amazing! :D

Thanks for 14(.5 ;D) Supporters!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  14. Pairjax

Pairjax Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No problem! I'm trying to think of what I would add to Wynncraft, if anything, so I could make a thread, so I thought it would be nice to help others in this part of Wynncraft before I really fleshed out an idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.