Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Skill Point Perks [1764+ Supporters] [salted Likes It]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Nepeta Leijon, Dec 29, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes.

92.3%
  2. Yes, but change... (Please suggest)

5.2%
  3. No, you need to change... (Please suggest)

0.3%
  4. No.

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitersteve

fitersteve Title placeholder

Minecraft:
    Great! I think it will compensate a little for the new overall difficulty increase in Wynncraft

2. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually really like your ideas here. When I was thinking of ideas for the suggestion, I wanted to add something related to the elements, and, for Thunder and Air, added the Attack Speed Tiers. As people have pointed out, this makes certain weapons extremely OP (I'll nerf the Attack Speed Tier Ups). Air and Thunder Damage didn't seem interesting enough to me for people to invest in, especially since Water also has the Spell Damage, for example.

To tell the truth, I took quite a bit of inspiration for this idea from the skills system in "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim". This system allows you to train and level in certain skills, and each time you "Level Up" your main level (you gain experience for your main level from levelling up skills), you can invest a skill point in a perk for one of these skills, provided you have that skill of a high enough level. An example is with the Archery skill, one of the perks being you can Zoom In with your bow, and another slowing time when this happens. The reason my Skill Point 100 Perk is so high also relates to Skyrim, where the Level 100 Skill Perk is often very powerful (Example: The Pickpocket Level 100 Perk allows you to steal anything from someone, including their weapons and clothes).

I wanted the perks to be useful at lower levels, but more of a "Carrot on a stick" so that people will want to invest more, and those that do get rewarded. A small change to your system, to intertwine it with mine, is to have a final "Passive Perk" upon reaching the 100 Point threshold (I will nerf my current system a bit). This would be like the Thunder's +1 Tier Attack Speed, which is a very powerful perk, but requires a lot of points.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Isabeau37, Gogeta and CheesePrince13 like this.
  3. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    it looks like you should add it.

4. Jenoma

Jenoma Legendaries Hater VIP+

Minecraft:
    EPIC! +1 really nice work!

5. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    Do you like need me to help you bump it or something? I can help with that. I think this is a good idea.

6. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OKAY i love this, but look air is too op, imagine if everybody gets 100 agility, they would have 40 % speed, and i know there is items ingame that give like 10% speed, lets say somebody gets 8% speed on every piece of armour helmet, chestplate, leggings, boots, 2 rings, maybe the weapon, the amulet, and the band, you would have over 100% speed, which would be so op, you would be faster then a white horse, specially because of the lag issues with horses, and in oceans, you would be going fast aswell, you would be going so fast, people would be thinking your flying hacks, which would make catching fly hacks alot harder for mods, they would have too /invsee and check there items, and there also going to have to check EVEN more people because of it, keeping mods more busy are annoying, i love the idea honestly and they should do it, but think of the server too, just make intelligence more op with less spell cost, mana steal or mana regen, or even lifesteal or life regen please :) yes i am a mage with maxxed intellgience.
    Salted like the original idea, Every element should have something original for example fire gets more health, air gets more speed, water gets less spell cost thunder gets + 1 tier speed attack (if very fast weapon nothing happens), and earth maybe Defense to every single element.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Witcher likes this.
  7. Kriotus

Kriotus Professional Lurker CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    change the final thunder to 8% thunder damage +10 % spell damage,
    change final of water from +12 to +20% spell damage

Lesliep and Witcher like this.
  8. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for 60 Supporters guys!

Bump...

9. DanMetroArnold

DanMetroArnold DMA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Count me in on the support +1

10. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    The numbers should be more consistent, and be the same for every upgrade. Also, the milestones should be changed a bit, to scale better.For example:

Air Stat: Movement Speed
    Water Stat: Spell Damage
    Earth Stat: Melee Damage
    Fire Stat: Max HP
    Thunder Stat: Attack Speed

Note: These stack, meaning at LV 100 you would have +40% of the element's stat.
    10pt: +5% of stat.
    25pt: +10% of element's dmg.
    50pt: +10% of the element's stat, and a stat buff.
    75pt: +10% of the element's stat, +10% of the element's dmg, +20% resistance to the element.
    100pt: +15% of the element's stat, +10% of the element's dmg, and a special ability.

Stat Buffs:
    Air:
    Whenever you evade an enemy, they receive Blindness for 2 seconds, just enough for you to get away.
    Water: Your mana regeneration or mana steal is increased by 50%, allowing you to regain mana much faster.
    Earth: Your basic attacks inflict a weakened debuff, reducing the enemy's move speed and attack damage by 25% for 2 seconds.
    Fire: Your HP Regen is increased by 500%, and the effect of healing potions are increased by 50%. Regeneration is finally useful.
    Thunder: Critical Hits deal 250% damage instead of 200%.

Special Abilities:
    Air:
    You release a counter-attack whenever you evade an enemy, dealing 66% of the damage you would have taken back to them. However, you must be within your class's basic attack range. (Archers is far, mage is ranged, and assassin/warriors are melee) Give them a taste of their own medicine!
    Water: There is a 33% chance for a spell to cost no mana. Spam away!
    Earth: Your basic attacks additionally inflict a bleeding debuff, which lasts for 4 seconds. Damaging the enemy for 50% of your weapon damage a second, this ability helps whittle down enemies with ease. This debuff can stack up to three times, as long as you keep hitting your enemy!
    Fire: 25% of your max health number is added as absorption hearts, which act as a barrier for your real heart bar. Once the absorption hearts are all depleted, they will all regenerate at 1% of the absorption bar per second, as long as you are at max HP. This means it will take around 1.5 minutes for it to regenerate.
    Thunder: Whenever you get a critical hit, a stream of lightning surges throughout nearby enemies. Any enemy within 4 squares of the original target takes 80% of the last target's damage. It can hit up to 6 enemies with the last hit dealing 26.2% of the original attack's damage.

I might make a separate thread on this, hmm...

BqwaOLD, Eterlore, ShadowWarp and 2 others like this.
  11. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Warning: Turbulence. This thread might get a little bumpy.

Nyam, dot01, Gogeta and 2 others like this.
  12. Killoli

Killoli looking for a girlfriend HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love it. It adds a new skill tree that's passive. (Do you know how much I can do with Earth and Fire?! I'll reign my chaos of SAKE EVERYWHERE MUWAHAHAHAHAHA)
    Anyways, very good suggestion, it's a new idea (heh unlike that Delete Classes Thread) which brings something new here for Wynn. It's unique, I believe no thread has been suggested before, I like it.
    (But srsly tho, all warriors of water, air, or thunder, now just get fyaa and earth, we'll destroy all other classes)

CheesePrince13 and Nepeta Leijon like this.
  13. Blobvisje

Blobvisje Vladje / Blob VIP+

Minecraft:
    Why is this discussion here....
    just add it

14. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like how salted likes it but selvut completely flips out. Anyways, nice suggestion I like it.

CheesePrince13 and Mighty Burger like this.
  15. Goliaith513

Goliaith513 Guardian of Eltom

Guild:
    I 100% support this thread, it would add another aspect to the game that would enhance game play.

16. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Hey idk if it was him, but somebody decided to implement my suggestion.

On topic, the suggestion seems pretty good. Good luck with it getting implemented.

17. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Which suggestion was that? We've had a lot of ideas in the past that just hadn't been implemented yet, and a lot of suggestions here overlap with those, so it may already have been in the works.

18. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    I suppose that's possible, but who knows. A very long time ago, ok not that long, at the start of 2015, I suggested 3 things. 1 was an area, one was an idea based of off something from Xenoblade Chronicles, and the last was an original idea of having Name Cards pop up when you left and entered cities with a detailed video. The latter of which was semi-implemented, having the main idea but no subtitle like in the suggestion.

19. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:

Yes yes yes yes yes 10/10

20. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    I'm not too sure if these are OP, but here's some ideas I'd also like to add.

The main focus of these extra bonuses is to provide some extra incentive to use certain builds (if there wasn't enough incentive to begin with), as well as hopefully spice up gameplay a little bit.
    Proximity - 30 STR
    Keep your enemies closer.
    Attack power increases (+3%, +4%, +5%) when closer to an enemy (5 blocks, 3 blocks, 2 blocks).

Diehard - 60 STR
    Great power can be found in weakness.
    At varying health levels (50%, 25% 10%), damage bonuses vary (+5%, +10%, +15%).

Sword Aegis - 80 STR
    Destruction brings creation.
    Every five points invested in the strength stat gains an extra point for the defense stat.

Finale - 90 STR
    Time for the climax.
    A damaging hit inflicted upon an enemy has a 10% chance to repeat with a second hit that deals 25% damage.

Bloodlust - 100 STR
    Kill for blood.
    Gain +2% in damage and attack speed for every enemy killed, and stacks up to five kills. Killing an enemy will either increase damage/attack speed or renew the damage streak.

Flash - 30 DEX
    Let there be light.
    A critical hit inflicted upon an enemy will stun/blind.

Combo - 60 DEX
    Two become one.
    A 1/4th of the current strength stat multiplier will apply to critical hits.

Perfect Hit - 80 DEX
    Old but gold.
    Chance of landing a critical hit is multiplied by x1.15 when using vanilla critical hits (attacking while falling).

Spark - 90 DEX
    And there was light.
    A sudden burst of sparks will indicate a critical hit, dealing 25% splash damage to enemies within the blast radius.

Ascended - 100 DEX
    Our prayers shall ascend.
    Critical hits have a 15% chance to deal x3 damage instead of x2 damage.

Wisdom - 30 INT
    Respect others and others will respect you.
    Hunger regenerates 25% faster when in the presence of party members.

Potency - 60 INT
    There is always space for improvement.
    Identifications besides Health Regen, Life Steal, Mana Regen, and Mana Steal gain a 5% increase.

Mana Charge - 80 INT
    A mind lively and at ease, can do with seeing nothing...
    Allowing mana to sit after it is fully restored for three seconds causes it to briefly overcharge, allowing the next two spells to be free of cost before requiring mana again.

Focus - 90 INT
    It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
    Spells deal 10% more damage when inflicted upon a single enemy.

Efficiency - 100 INT
    Time flies so quickly.
    Spell spamming penalty is lessened, as it takes twice as much casting to increase the hunger cost.

Armored - 30 DEF
    It is health that is real wealth.
    Every 200 points in your current health amount (granted by armor) gains an extra point in the defense stat.

Fervent - 60 DEF
    Against logic, there is no armor like ignorance.
    Good potion effects are amplified to the next tier, with the exception of Speed.

Durability - 80 DEF
    The best way to survive is to never get hit.
    Every 10 points in the defense stat gains an extra point in the agility stat.

Carapace - 90 DEF
    ...and can see nothing that does not answer.
    After five seconds of neutral activity - no attacking or spell casting - gain a temporary Resistance II buff that wears off after being attacked.

Reflex - 100 DEF
    Strength in numbers.
    Enemy damage has a 20% chance to be reflected upon the offending enemy by 75% of your damage.

Mirage - 30 AGI
    None so blind as those that will not see.
    Enemies whose hits are dodged will slip and damage themselves by 10% of your damage.

Surge - 60 AGI
    You never let a serious crisis go to waste.
    Upon dodging an attack, you gain Strength I for 5 seconds.

Wind Aegis - 80 AGI
    The best way to survive is to never get hit.
    Every 10 agility goes towards one defense point.

Flight - 90 AGI
    Flee an enemy who knows your weakness.
    Upon dodging an attack, you gain Jump Boost I & Speed II for 2 seconds.

Evasion - 100 AGI
    If there's a roadblock, you jump over it.
    Chance of dodge is increased by +10% when sprinting or jumping.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.