Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Pvp Ideas (mainly Battlegrounds)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Arektor, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Do you think these ideas are cool?

1. Both of them are really cool!

37.5%
  2. Both of them are cool, but can be even better!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really agree with the PvP Items

25.0%
  4. I don't really agree with the battlegrounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The ideas are cool, but you haven't used them as they should be.

37.5%
  6. This is definitely not something that should be added.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arektor

Arektor The Void Avatar

Okay, lots of ideas are running in my head, so I'll start with PvP Ideas.

I. Battlegrounds

Battlegrounds can be two things:
    • In-lore areas, that could be tournament between humans for... hm, glory? Rewards?
    • Non-lore areas, where players can go to have various gameplays of PvP.

To join the queue for a battleground, you would need to talk to a specific NPC: Battleground Master
    When the battleground you queued for is ready, you receive an invitation (in the ingame chat) that you can decline or not by clicking a button (tellraw ftw)

I let you name it, an island lost on the Underwater Route. The goal is simple:
    One team is defending, another is attacking. The attacking team needs to break the defenders defences to get into their basement and break/ kill an objective (like, an ender crystal, or a NPC leader?)
    They have 20 minutes to do so, and they can take control of different points like a Saper Camp that spawns a saper every X time (like every 30 seconds) that runs toward the objective and detonate itself when he encounter a wall - or the said objective :P. The detonation will obviously deal terrain damages.
    They can also take control of another type of point, Engineer Workshop, that summons for the defenders an engineer every minutes that start to repair the map, at the speed of one block / 15 ticks (so 0,75 seconds). If the attacking team controls it for 5 minutes, the workshop is destroyed and cannot be controled back by the defenders.
    I know it has never been said that there was caves under Selchar. Just an idea that travelled my mind.
    Depending on how it is used, I'm thinking about it more like a Capture The Flag battleground or a Domination one.
    Because right now there is a little thing that can be assimiled to a battleground: the Nether.
    So, this is something that NEEDS to be in the battlegrounds.

If battlegrounds will be in-lore areas, this one would not be for glory or rewards, but just for blood. Because we all know what the Nether does to your mind.
    If it cannot be used for Team Deathmatch, then a Free For All battleground would be cool:
    Everybody get X lives, and the last one standing wins.

II. PvP Gears

Because PvP would be even cooler with gear for it, here is my idea.

A piece of PvP Gear would be like any other equipment, but a little weaker.
    BUT!
    The power of a piece of PvP Gear is significantly improved in battlegrounds / arenas / duels. For example (Based on Millennium) :

Bloody Berserker's Chestplate

Health: +1275

Lv. Min: 63

+2 Dexterity
    +200 Spell Damage
    +2% Soul Point Regen
    +1 Strength
    +1 Intelligence
    +1 Agility
    +34 Health Regen
    +1 Defense

[0/3] Slots
    PvP Item

Bloody Berserker's Chestplate

Health: +1880

Lv. Min: 63

+5 Dexterity
    +278 Spell Damage
    +2% Soul Point Regen
    +4 Strength
    +4 Intelligence
    +4 Agility
    +57 Health Regen
    +2 Defense

[0/3] Slots
    PvP Item

Here are my ideas, tell me what do you think about it and what can be improved for you! ;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Ascended Kitten and Evran like this.
  2. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    Well, having in-game pvp tournament or arena seems like a really good idea, and having the possibility to either watch it and support your favorite players or to go in the battlefield and feel proud of your wins.
    That definitely seems like a lote of fun, and Wynncraft kinda need a PvP improvement.

Well having special pvp items doesn't really sound appealing, I mean, what if i'm not doing any PvP ? I just got a weaker than average item.
    The fact that you can have some item improvements during PvP wouldn't really make sense in a realistic way anyway.
    But maybe having ALL items balanced during PvP, might be good as it makes it more skillbase.

Still +1 for the battlegrounds idea.

3. Arektor

Arektor The Void Avatar

About the items, I was more thinking about getting them for doing PvP.

4. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    Hum I see, so this is much more like "rewards items", in that case wouldn't it be more rewarding to have actual "real" items that have still good stats outside of pvp ?
    And wouldn't also getting items for PvP by doing PvP make you totally OP and unbeatable on the long term ?

And also by the way, since your new to the forum, if you want to reply to someone and want him to see it, just use the reply button in the right-down corner of his comment.

5. Arektor

Arektor The Void Avatar

Thx for the tip.

For the stats, I sas thinking about something like the reward items are not the bests in the main world but remains good and get improved in Pvp.

Forgot one thing about battlegrounds, I thought about scaling items to a specific level. So PvP Items get a better scaling.

6. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    I see, well I hope that we will see some battlegrounds one day in Wynncraft, but considering the content team are already working on a lot of things we'll have to wait a long time.

7. yojurriaan

yojurriaan Well-Known Adventurer

I think you should get points for killing people in a PvP area, and then use those points to buy special PvP accessories to increase PvP damage :)

Arektor likes this.
  8. Magic Mushroom

Magic Mushroom Travelled Adventurer

Maybe each city would have a differently designed Battleground. I'd love to see that.

Arektor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.