Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Mark The Gavel Expansion As " Open Beta " [13 Supporters!]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Submonsterine, Dec 21, 2015.

?

Mark Gavel as "Open Beta"?

1. Yes

85.0%
  2. No

15.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Submonsterine

Submonsterine Dur

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You know what I mean.

Since Gavel came out, there have been countless bugs and errors. Many people have even reported losing everything in their inventories, or spawning outside the map. Others spawned inside blocks (and /kill would get them stuck again), as well as people spawning into a vanilla map.

Would you call this an "official release"?

Now, many players are saying that this is the "Worst Update in the History of Wynncraft", and I have seen some players ragequit firsthand after ranting in the chat about how Gavel ruined the Wynncraft experience for them.

This is partly because everyone [rightly] assumes that this is the full release, with everything working well. Smooth sailing. But it's not. In actuality, the Gavel Update is like a ship with some loose nuts and bolts. What's worse is that rough waves tirelessly pound on that ship, making it lose more and more. What's going to end up happening is the sinking of the ship.

If the Gavel Expansion is marked in the server description as being "OPEN BETA - Expect bugs!", the players may be more understanding. Some will choose to wait for the full, [99%] bug-free release to begin exploring the realm in all of its deserved glory. People will be entitled to report these bugs to WynnCraft in an effort to help along, patching the holes, to save the ship.

2. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's not that bad tbh. Certainly way better than it was 3 years ago. Bugs are expected with every major update, 80% of the playerbase knows that.

SpadenadeZ1, Triverr and Tantibus like this.
  3. Rucker_

Rucker_ "Reduce lag" -Rucker_, January 10th, 2016 HERO

Minecraft:
    I travelled to Gavel twice and fell underneath the ocean twice, plus I got sent back to the tutorial for taking off my mask in the ogre camp. Boats keep teleporting back near islands, horses are slow and there is just a massive amount of lag when using spells and fighting. The staff need to upgrade the server or something to reduce the lag.

shaharcoolmen likes this.
  4. Submonsterine

Submonsterine Dur

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Though may not as bad as 3 years ago, it's still really bad. You don't even need effort to see the amount of people complaining about Gavel.

5. dj_daevyn

dj_daevyn hi CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Or you could stop being a little b-baby about it whining about it not being absolute perfection and be happy it's out in the first place. Kids these days, so ungrateful.

SpadenadeZ1 and Zekyoucon like this.
  6. Submonsterine

Submonsterine Dur

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know, it's really annoying to see people complain about it. Though, not everyone has the same mindset, so it would be really hard to get that message across.

TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  7. Rucker_

Rucker_ "Reduce lag" -Rucker_, January 10th, 2016 HERO

Minecraft:
    Guys when a epic map upgrade with more quests, cities, a texture pack and levels happens, more people flood onto the servers, meaning a lot of lag. The initial Gavel lag is going down, when it released yesturday there were over 3000 players online, now its gone down to about 1600, and eventually it will be less. Just give it time, people will leave and bugs/glitches will be fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.