Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Professions

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by GoodBobul, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodBobul

GoodBobul Professional Mineman

Guild:
    I'm sure it's been suggested before, but I'd like to reopen discussion.

Different skills could be added such as mining or fishing. The skill level could be bound to the pickaxe/fishing rod and not the player so that buying and selling can be an option.

Mining: Piles of ores could be scattered around the map, and when you mine them, you gain xp on your pickaxe. You could also have a chance of getting emeralds/random items or something.

Fishing: You can fish in certain fishing spots the map. Similar to mining, you can get emeralds/random items from fishing.

Pros: It would add something else to work on when the grinding get hard.
    It would add new depth to the market, where pickaxes and rads can be sold.

Cons: It might take away from the general idea of Wynncraft to this point (grinding, leveling, questing).

Disclaimer: Yes I did take the idea from DungonRealms. If you've played that you'll understand what I mean by this.

2. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, we'd pretty much be copying DR.
    Copying DR --> Not unique
    Copying DR --> Less to... well, I'll say it plainly; boast about.

Plus, I really, really don't like the idea of random bits of ore piling the map. Ore is already used a lot for decor (see what I did there?) and there is a large in-depth suggestion to fishing already.
    And, it kind of ruins the fact that you're a ruthless mercenary who is pretty much willing to kill anything. Would someone who kills others and sometimes themselves for some money really go out mining?

Chino likes this.
  3. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Problem:
    All blocks are protected and this kinda completely takes away the point of Wynncraft.

4. GoodBobul

Guild:
    It's completely possible to have only ores be unprotected.

5. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...And then the decoration ores would be mined in an instant.

6. 13threemc

13threemc vote kanye 2020 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ... So you guys have never broken flower pots? It's entirely possible to protect decoration ores and have other breakable ores.

But this isn't runescape so no thx.

7. Felix_Flame

Felix_Flame The Phoenix King VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  8. GoodBobul

Guild:
    They would obviously regenerate. And if we were going to make this change, other ores used for decoration would either have to be changed to non-mineable or to another block.

Runescape isn't the only mmorpg out there. Almost every other one has skills to train other than just a central level. This is advertised as "The Minecraft MMORPG" so it wouldn't be that strange to people.

My message was a complete copy if Dungeon Realms, so it's likely that the other one was to. I actually put that in my post so that people wouldn't accuse me of copying.

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  9. Felix_Flame

Felix_Flame The Phoenix King VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok, but dungeon realms has taken way to long to release anyway (and paying for early access?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.