Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Professions/easier Auctions

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Tooti_Fruutie, Dec 6, 2015.

?

A good idea?

1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No [Grumpy cat face here]

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tooti_Fruutie

Tooti_Fruutie Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Have you ever wanted a decent item to be sold by the merchants?

I have a lot of ideas revolving around this:

Proffesions - you will be able to find a teacher and learn how to smith, fish, write-books (maybe) and other stuff. You can sell the items you make, or sell them for a decent amount. There will be levels.

2. Auction house - you could add an auction house to Detlas (the trading town) where players can sell loot, powders, and profession-made-items.

3. (relating to my rethorical question) Player Merchants. Players can set up their own shops in a vacant area (marked by a sign) where they can set their own prices on weapons, armor, etc. You can also sell items to NPC merchants and they will sell the item to another player, but once it's gone, then its gone.

TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  2. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Good ideas, but please also add details.
    How does the whole system work?
    Which items do you use?
    What are they used for?
    How to your train them?
    Which items can be obtained?
    Which items does it require?

3. Tooti_Fruutie

Tooti_Fruutie Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    you will have to meet a teacher at a certain level (10-15 in my opinion) and the teacher will give you basic equipment. The teacher will stand near a workshop. To craft, you will buy base materials from the teacher, opening a crafting bench and placing in the base materials will create an item (custom recipes). You can also get ore powerful materials to craft with by gaining it from loot. Each successful item will gain experience for that proffesion. The higher level you are, then the more powerful your crafted weapons get, eg: lvl 1 crafts sword = 5-7 damage. lvl 2 crafts sword with same materials = 9-11 damage.

Sorry for not including details.
    Proffesions like fishing will allow you to get a rod, and the higher level you are, the better chance you have of catching fish, and catching rarer fish. You can sell these for some emeralds at a town. (sometimes, it will say in chat: The fish has got away. Therefore there are fishing spots for each level.

4. Nesaak

Nesaak Good boy HERO

Minecraft:
    I approve i like auction house idea but make it cost some gold because i imagine some troll is just gonna keep auctioning rotten flesh ir some junk

5. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

This is a really good idea, but what is the point other than money? I could see maybe fish for getting instant mana or using ore to change low quality items to high quality.

6. MikePants27

MikePants27 To hell with Political Correctness!

I like the idea, possibly because it is similar to a system found in an MMO I played back in 2007-10. (Anyone else ever play Lord of the Rings Online?)

There was a system where you selected a profession, which had three skills. For example, there was the Yeoman proffession. This included the Cook skill, Farmer skill, and Tailor skill. They set it up so that two of the skills were related (cook, farmer) and the other was not. (tailor) This way, in order to get certain materials, you had to depend on players with another proffession.

For Example, say I am a Tinker. My skills are Prospector, Jeweler, and Cook. If I want metal for my jewelry, I can just mine it myself because I have the prospector skill. But if I want to make coney stew, I might need to buy carrots from a farmer.

The system encourages player interaction and cooperation in a very fun way. It makes the game more fun when you feel like you have a specialized trade that you grow better at the more you do, and can use to supply others with the tools or itens they need to advance their skills.

EDIT: I just realized that I spelled "Profession" wrong at least 5 times.

7. ThaUnknown_

ThaUnknown_ Wynncraft Enhanced Modpack Creator VIP+

Minecraft:
    Dont even bother doing this like i did once because its already going to be added with the gavel update

8. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    +1 good idea

9. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

There were a few features in Dungeonrealms that made me play on that server. Let me tell you, pvp was not one of them(hate pvp lol).
    The features that made me go back every day were, mining ore(job), player shops(could have been better tho), and player realms where each player could build their own little place.
    For me, if Wynncraft added these things it would become perfect for my play style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.