Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

My Idea To Help Revenue

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Rane022, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Would you purchase this?

1. Yes.

9.5%
  2. No.

71.4%
  3. Every Month!

9.5%
  4. Don't Know

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

So we have all read that post about bringing back double xp to boost revenue. I may have come up with a better solution for revenue. If you don't like this idea, well that is unfortunate but lets keep in mind this is for the server revenue more than it is for us.

SO...

Here it is... The idea...

$2.50 for the ability to spawn in a bank chest, item identifier, and item buyer anywhere in the world.
    That's not all though, it will only last for one month. (you might be thinking... well that's lame)
    Think of it as a sort of monthly subscription, with the price at $2.50 I would personally buy this every month. Also with it being a monthly purchase, you would get the same person donating multiple times for it rather than if it was permanent and they would only donate the one time.
    I feel like this would increase revenue a lot in my opinion.

Now as for the Eula, I am not exactly sure if this is allowed or not but the fact that people can already use these things without this purchase seems to me like it follows the Eula just fine.
    All this really does is make it so people who buy it don't have to walk as much. lol
    Who knows though, I could be wrong...

2. CreepersAmongUs

CreepersAmongUs In a mysterious new world full of weeaboos VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm getting bad Shotbow memories from this. Monthly subscriptions are never a way to go. Unless you are EA..

3. Jumla

Jumla Head Developer/Founder of Wynncraft Staff Member Admin Developer HERO

Minecraft:
  4. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

You act like it would be mandatory. lol

5. CreepersAmongUs

CreepersAmongUs In a mysterious new world full of weeaboos VIP+

Minecraft:
    It would be if you wanted that the perk. Perhaps if you paided extra for a perm version, but otherwise, it's just throwing money at something that you can't keep.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  6. Kogut

Kogut Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    ok, il gladly kill it :)

7. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    1) Eula Probably

2) Lasts a month, only 2.50, any ware in the world. WAY TO OP

Perhaps 1 time use, lasts 5 minutes. Or you get spawns in for each. Either way, it breaks the game with OPness

8. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

Look, it's pretty simple. If you want to make money, the most easy way is to give something some might call OP at a very small price. People are more willing to spend almost nothing for something HUGE. Yet, servers seem to not do this and then complain about revenue all the time. I am amazed at how easy it is to make money with a server and actual server owners just don't understand it. Same can be said about any company making products really. They all expect people to have a decent chunk of money to spend on stuff they don't need, where as a tiny price is easily affordable by just about everyone and people are more willing to buy it even if they don't need it because it does little damage to their wallet.
    Now a permanent perk at a tiny price wouldn't really help, that's why it would have to be a perk that only last a month, but with a tiny price you wouldn't even notice that money is gone and would pretty much feel like it's free but still help the server.
    I guess my mistake here is that most of this community must be kids who can't donate thus hating any perk that is suggested or most people here just can't stop thinking about themselves for one minute to think about others.
    Or perhaps no one really cares to support Wynncraft?

9. MidnightSeishin

MidnightSeishin Creator Elemental of Shadow, Infinity and Magic CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    allright when, how and where do you whant to die

10. StealWonders

StealWonders Are you a wizzard?

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do really wish that I had a banker next to me, but it defeats the purpose of a bank. Plus noone would pay for that... #Better luck next time. -1

11. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay so I literally just responded to a post almost exactly like this so I'm just gonna insert that response here.
    Yes I realize this post is not talking about the same exact topic, but it is the same general point, a subscription-like fee or a recurring purchase may support the server, but not many people would be willing to buy it other than to support the server, in which case they would simply buy coins. Also, having a personal banker would not only defeat the purpose of a bank and defeat one of the defining features of a grinding spot (access to a bank nearby), but it would also be totally out of place in the lore. Where did this banker come from? How does he work? Why does he only serve you? It's out of place.

Also, please don't talk about running a server as if you know what you're doing unless you own a successful one yourself. Not only is it extraordinarily disrespectful to the server devs, but if owning a server was that easy, they wouldn't have these problems in the first place. Aside from the reasons I listed, I'm sure there are things that you did not take into consideration in your post, and if it was as god as you believed, Jumla would have responded with something that was actually serious instead of joking about the post. Please keep in mind that comments like the one you made may be overlooked out of kindness, but the nature of them is beyond disrespectful. The devs have no obligation to keep Wynn up, they do it in order to make us all happy and have fun with people who enjoy the same things as them. So, while offering a suggestion and seeking praise for an idea you came up with is a great way to show enthusiasm and support for the server, please do it in a more respectful way, rather than saying that their job is easy and they shouldn't be having these problems.

Also I would like to avoid conflict on forums so if you did not like this message, please do not respond hatefully on the forum, just message me instead and keep it private and away from everyone else. They do not need to see a flame war on every thread. There's enough of that already :P

BigMacYoshi likes this.
  12. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

When it comes to being something very very useful and possibly OP at a tiny price, you claiming people wouldn't be willing to buy it is silly. When you start to understand human nature you will then understand why you're wrong in that statement.
    Also, I would love to run my own server but I just don't have the start up money. Life is tough for adults in the USA when it comes to money. I didn't exactly say owning a server is easy, just making money with one can be. People think big price equals more money but it doesn't always work that way. Lower priced items could in fact easily make more money than higher priced items.
    This hate I get is why I never try to help anyone, they always spit in my face because they just don't see things the way I do thus I must be stupid.

Also if you didn't want to start up a conversation chain then you shouldn't have said anything. My previous comment was on Monday and now you brought me back here.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  13. BigMacYoshi

BigMacYoshi Card Master of Corkus & All-Knowing Psychic VIP+

Minecraft:
    I would much rather pay a larger set amount than a small monthly fee, and it doesn't add up with the lore, like mentioned before.

14. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First of all let me applaud you on three things. Firstly, thank you for responding with an intelligent, thought out response instead of an angry chain of unintelligent cuss words; secondly, thank you for using a valid counterargument in your response; and thirdly, I thank you for actually reading my whole response instead of reading a fraction of it and jumping to conclusions. One thing I must say quickly though is that you state your last post was Monday and that I brought you back, however if it was only Monday then this is hardly dragging you back as that was barely over a day ago and there was a post just yesterday, meaning the thread was at least still somewhat active. But now I must apologize for one thing. While reading your post, I did actually get confused with the thread from which I quoted my response. The prices suggested in that thread were quite a bit higher than yours, and my argument was adjusted so, and I failed to notice that your prices were actually significantly cheaper; however, my concept still applies. While people may be concerned about dropping $25-50 on the spot for a rank on the server, it gets the server more revenue quickly, and it offers more to the player overall. Your idea, as mentioned, is not a bad idea in the least. The only issues I listed were minor, and in fact more nitpicky details than anything. The fact that it breaks the lore and eliminates one criteria of a grinding spot are simply minor things that would just stop some individuals from purchasing this. But the issue of revenue is still there. Even if we ignore the portion of the server that would neglect to buy this for the listed reasons, server revenue could still prove troublesome. When ranks are purchased, the server instantly gains $25-50 in income per purchase and that allows them to instantly pay for the server and their employees. With your suggestion, they would raise very little per person and a great portion of the server would have to continually purchase this in order for it to function. In saying this, I do recognize that, given enough 'subscribers,' your idea is actually more sustainable than every player buying VIP ranks. Your suggestion, however, is a bit unrelated to what they are focusing on, which is to add more value to the ranks. With this in mind, they could actually implement your idea alongside the current concepts. So in the end, it does not matter which idea is better, since they could implement both your idea and their current concept of XP bonuses with no overlap. In the end, which idea is 'better' does not matter as much as an idea that is based on the same concept. In my first response I was merely listing the flaws in the suggestion, and none of the pros, for which I apologize.
    To your second point of life being tough for an adult in the USA. I am aware as I am a college student struggling with loans, taxes, and bills. The fact of money being a tough topic is part of the reason I provided an opinion on this topic and my beliefs on what would be more likely to sell, since I fall into the category of those who would like to save as much as possible and still support the server. While a miniscule monthly fee is definitely appealing, I would rather pay a set amount once rather than pay far more than that in the long run, especially when the feature in your suggestion is available quickly if you own a horse.
    As a side note, please do not try to lecture me on human nature. Humans are the species I despise most, and thus I have a great understanding of their nature and behaviors. I also apologize if my way of speaking sounds condescending, and if it offended you in any way. It is simply the way I speak when talking to people I do not personally know. I apologize if I made any mistakes in this response or the one before, as people cannot read each other's minds. There may be an aspect of your suggestion that I did not understand or failed to comprehend, and you may not have understood a point I made. Even with our level of communication in this day and age, this is simply unavoidable. Unless we as a species can open up to one another and understand each other, some things will always get lost in the interpretation and be misunderstood. Lastly, thank you again for responding in a polite and intellectual manner. I often wish there were more people like you on the Internet who put thought into their responses. With that, I will no longer respond to this thread to avoid either one of us being viewed negatively or gaining a bad standing in the community. I do not wish to start conflict, nor be involved in it, especially in a public setting where it can be viewed by anyone at any time.
    Thank you for your patience up until now.

Edit: Sorry for that being that long. Hard to determine length in a text box.
    For Fun: Play a drinking game and take a shot every time I apologize. Really though XD

Rane022 and Moe_Ronickah like this.
  15. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    either make it 10-20 dollars or it destroys the need for banks

16. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I can already see the Modsquad paying hundreds of dollars just to create a giant wall around all of Wynns citys...

17. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

If you had been reading all these post you would understand my idea is mainly to get support from people who can only afford small prices. A single small price payment wouldn't work at all so it has to have an expiration date. I personally only have an extra $5 at most every month to spend on random things and that's if it's been a good month. Price of living is not cheap and of course life comes first. The whole bank and merchant idea was the first thing I could think of that is really really tempting to buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.