Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Pvp Battles With Rewards

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Triquadian, Oct 25, 2015.

?

Would anybody else like to see this added to Wynncraft?

1. Yes, I would like to see this change in Wynncraft.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No, I like Wynncraft the way it is.

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triquadian

Triquadian You don't say?

Dear Wynncraft Officials,

Hello, I'm new to Wynncraft, but am enjoying it greatly so far! As I've been playing and progressing through levels and quests, I noticed that there were no notifications stating that I was eligible to join any PvP battles. I got curious and checked the website, and read that in the nether you could PvP, but there was no reward for it. I was wondering if implementing a way to queue for an Official PvP match, and getting matched with players of similar level onto 2 seperate teams in a match was a possibility. The match might have a specific goal you would have to achieve to win, such as capture the flag, TDM, or DM, and the winning team or player would get a specified or randomized reward of emeralds, gear, or XP like with dungeon completion. I know that you are working on the new Gavel Expansion, so I can understand if this wouldn't even be possible to think about until after you were done. Anyways, Thanks for reading my message, and hope to hear from you soon!

- Sincerely, Triquadian

roboblock93 likes this.
  2. green254

green254 Mediocre architect

Wynncraft isn't a mini game server. The nether is made to be a free for all area to test your skills against other players. In the nether all equipment and levels are set to the same so it's always equal for everyone. if you want other game modes then go play hypickle or something as wynncraft is made to be a MMO and not a mini game server

3. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. So you're telling me that you'd get rewards from this? I like your improvements, but rewards? No. This could be farmed to recieve tons of stuff. Also, the Nether is like, lose nothung, gain nothing. If you're going to gain something, there has to be some sort of price, and soul points wouldn't work for this, so no.

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  4. Triquadian

Well, another thought, what about some sort of admission fee of "X" Emerald Blocks or "X" powders? Like with the dungeons, you have to have a key. Maybe you could obtain the keys from merchants for a certain price? I'm just thinking that there could be tons of ways to implement this and make it reasonable. If there wasn't any sort of cost then I could imagine that it would be abused and exploited. But for the most part I was just thinking about some form of competitive PvP.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  5. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Take out the rewards, then. People won't use it, they'll play unofficial for free.

6. Triquadian

Yes, but if it was some sort of monthly or bi-weekly event, do you think that people would still avoid it? Such as a 1v1 bracket tournament, 5v5, or some other sort of official competetive match? If you were to take out the rewards and the cost, and just have it as a recorded competetive match, would it still be bad? I am just wondering if this is a good idea, and need sincere feedback.

7. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are duels, which can be activated by doing /duel PLAYERNAME or shift-clicking the enemy's avatar. If they accept your request, the duel begins. The duels, however, have no prize unless you have a dueling mission. Besides, your idea sounds like Hypixel's Warlords, and I doubt they would like Wynn having an idea that sounds very near.
    The Nether used to give you GC, but no longer. If you come into the Nether at a designated tourney, (there should be one for Halloween or Christmas) you will get rewards if you stay on top.

8. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah no, because Francis would become a billionaire in no-time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.