Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Ring that should be pickup-able

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by culpitisn'taword, Oct 12, 2024 at 9:26 AM.

1. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

Okay, firstly, love all the new ruins. They are very nice.

In one of them, around 80 -1800, there is a ring in the dirt. This is a nice little detail. I don't know why it's there but it's good that it is.

I think that this ring should be able to be picked up when you see it. Unsure what ring item it should be, but probably a good find. Would be a good reward for new players who want to explore the world.

(I tried to attach an image but couldn't figure out how. I've done this before, don't know how I've forgotten. Maybe it broke.)

Hansel likes this.
  2. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No. It's just a detail to show that these places were lived in. Setting the precedent that the player can scavenge stuff at ruins then means we would likely have to make it a reoccurring thing at other sites as well.

Hansel likes this.
  3. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It would be weird if it was just one ruin but honestly it would be quite a neat feature to be able to actually find certain items in ruins

Hansel likes this.
  4. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It just doesn't really fit Wynn though. That kind of gameplay is fulfilled by loot chests being there. The ring is just going to remain as a decorative set piece

5. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Idk just because it’s not in the game currently doesn’t mean it doesn’t fit in Wynn

6. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It doesn't really fit Wynn. You don't gather gear by scrounging for items at ruins, you get it from loot chests. Having these ruins in level 0-20 regions with loot will just condition new players into thinking that's how you get equipment to level up, or you can always find collectibles at random places, which is just not matched by the rest of the game.
    Assuming you could pick up the ring, what would it do? Just give you a specific ring once? Just be a random collectible? Neither really feel that interesting. I think it's best to just let details added to flesh out the world remain as setpieces, or else we're going to have to start letting players pick up every single interesting looking unattended object they see

Elysium_ likes this.
  7. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Deusphage is right, this idea is pointless. Why not just make the ring have a little piece of dialogue: "its a beautiful bejeweled ring" or something

8. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Or honestly just nothing lol. It would just create the same, albeit more minor, issue as making them give you an item would tbh, where it would then set the precedent for doing that in the future

9. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thats true. I was trying to make a compromise bc i always try to pick those up too!

Elysium_ likes this.