Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Make Hotbar Items Undroppable in Raids/Dungeons

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Puzzle, Sep 7, 2024.

?

Have you ever lost your Weapon to a Raid/Dungeon?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Puzzle

Puzzle Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    When you go to start a Raid it explicitly tells you "Starting a Raid will lock your Equipment and Potions", but this does not apply to your hotbar weapons. Being that Q (The default drop button) is directly next to W (Move Forward), I doubt I'm the only one to have lost a weapon of significant value while trying not to die to the newly buffed bosses. Since these areas are not in the main world there is no chance of recovery upon your demise and you are left staring at your main mythic weapon just sitting there from the death spectator... Nobody else from the party able to retrieve it...

Yes, I realize Wynntils allows you to lock your slots (Recent update to 1.20+ reverted all my settings and I forgot about it till after it happened), but should new players really be required to use a mod or remember to unbind Q to play the game without this risk? Especially when the raid has them thinking they are safe when they ready up?

Yes this is being written because I just lost my main weapon to Nest of the Grootslang and don't want others to suffer this same fate...
    RIP Stratiformis

2. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

3. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    /itemlock
    also
    rebind your drop key to \.
    i guarantee you will never drop an item by accident in combat again (unless... you like, somehow open your inventory)

4. syrun97

syrun97 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    nah backslash is close to enter key so change it to del key

5. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    when do you use enter in wynn?

6. syrun97

syrun97 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    chatting just cause

7. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

yeah just like

use itemlock, change your drop key to something on numpad, don't mess with your items when you're in queue or a menu

it's sad that your stuff can get deleted by the raid GUI or by holding it when you switch worlds

but like, what are the CT going to do about the holding-it-when-you-switch-worlds thing, or the fact that you can drop items

remove the ability to drop items? put a trash bin in the bank?