Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics New thing(stat?) I thought of while taking a nap

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by gzmer, Aug 31, 2024.

?

Would it be a good thing for the game?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. gzmer

gzmer Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So you know how in pokemon, there's are items called Repel, Super Repel and Max Repel? I thought, how about we have that for Wynncraft BUT instead of it being an item, it would be a kind of inherent stat that's unlocked after a level 50-60 quest.

Quest Idea: Go to a dojo of a friend/graduate/disciple of Sensei Miyagi, and do a bunch(3-4) of sub-quests for him, which seem pretty unnecessary, but once you finish all of them you "understand" the meaning behind the things you did. And after that you unlock a stat (kind of like how intimidation works in some anime/manga).

How It Works: At level 50-60, the stat makes it so that enemies 30-40 levels below your own do not attack you because you are 'intimidating' them.

I think this would be good because I don't want low level mobs to attack me while travelling because it is pretty annoying. (Also it would be cool if you foreshadow Sensei Miyagi early on)

(After writing this I realized that it can't be called a stat because you can't really upgrade said "stat" because it just goes up proportional to your level)

2. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

I can't imagine this is possible. Besides, enemies of that low level really aren't dangerous to you and you can melt them with a couple basic hits.

Elytry likes this.
  3. Gone2Dream

Gone2Dream Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    It can be good. Gathering materials while being attacked by mobs is kind of annoying, even if they are weak. I feel like it would make more sense as a raid charm reward or major ID on a few items, rather than a sixth stat. Something like this maybe:

Sense Distortion: Monsters 35 levels or more below your combat level don't detect you unless you damage them or are in a dungeon, raid, or world event.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
    Sir_Doomed and Elysium_ like this.
  4. gzmer

gzmer Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    True, but it is pretty annoying when you are minding your business and a horde of them show up to poke at your health

5. culpitisn'taword

Now that I think of it, given that the CT can't make Skyraiders and Orcs stop fighting you after their respective quests, I don't think Repels would even work in Wynn.

Elytry, Earthbrine and Tzelofachad like this.
  6. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    true!

7. culpitisn'taword

Don't know why I forgot that.