Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics An Appreciated Absent Admirable Aspect Appearances Alteration (Absolutely Amicable And Amazing)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ThePurpleEmerald, Aug 27, 2024.

?

I'm too lazy to copy the poll format I created

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

I'm on my "●●|●●●●●|●●|● least words in a suggestion post" state right now don't mind me

[​IMG]

Colored Rock Collection
    [​IMG]

2. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    we'd rather the design distinction be for classes than for tiers. i dont think the different shapes would be recognizable enough for people to go "oh yeah that's a mage aspect"

Deusphage likes this.
  3. ThePurpleEmerald

Why is Aspect appearance distinction by class while items are by rarity

Also no offense but I highly doubt that telling apart classes with the current shapes would be any more recognizable than the designs (vaguely) shaped like the literal class weapons will be
    The (badly drawn) Spear is a joke, I couldn't think of a proper crystal shape, the (also badly drawn, they're all badly drawn) Wand is literally the wand icon, the Bow is a shape of a bow/ banana, the Dagger is a single sharp piece, and the Relik is the only one with an unrecognizable shape but it sure does look intricate

I've handled Aspects for quite awhile now and the shapes are so near-identical with their lack of actual distinguishable unique features that even with different colors I can't actually remember which Aspect is for which class until I hover over them

Last edited: Aug 27, 2024
  4. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    item appearance distinction is typically more by level..? so idk what youre talking about there

i have an easy time remembering which color is which but maybe thats cause theres something wrong with me

5. ThePurpleEmerald

I meant the box sorry

Also maybe I need a few more months because colors really don't do it for me, especially when a pair of them are almost the same color

You can literally make all the crystals the exact same shape and literally nothing would change

6. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i do agree that the assassin and archer aspects are too similar but besides that i think its fine

i assume you'd want a tier distinction on aspects so you can tell which is which easier, which, yeah, i agree with. but i think it'd be better if they just had a more gentle version of their "equipped" flame that matched their tier or something, instead of their whole color being based on their tier
    upload_2024-8-27_14-34-25.png

Elysium_ likes this.
  7. Iboju

Iboju absolute swag male CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    GOOD SUGGESTION good job

8. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeaaahhh I don't like this

9. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

I always wondered why this wasn't the case.

CT don't seem to like it, though, so perhaps the flame could be changed instead, as suggested. Although that only tells you your equipped aspects' tiers, so ideally some sort of item alteration would be done.

Outline? Smaller flame?

10. ThePurpleEmerald

Why is there such a clear divide between CT and playerbase lol

Dr Zed likes this.
  11. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    The problem with doing that is that the distinction would only be noticeable when you already have one selected. At that point you wouldn't really need a distinction between rarity tiers. The distinction has to be something noticeable between unselected aspects.

Dr Zed likes this.
  12. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i meant theyd have that distinction when not selected too

13. Six

Six Terminally addicted to Bluecap mushroom.

Idk but I fully support this

14. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly, why do aspects for other classes even show up? There's no real reason for them to since you can't even interact with them. The only reason I can think of is just so you can see what you have, but you could just change class for that.

15. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I voted yes but thinking more about it, I don't think being easily able to tell an aspect's rarity as that important. Unlike items there isn't any penalty to overlooking a rarer aspect and telling what class they are easily is more useful IMO.

16. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I like distinguishing between classes for them, because these items are very class specific, being in the ability tree and all. Although it’s kinda pointless to see a bunch of random aspects when you are opening the chest animation, usually you can get all excited by a purple color

17. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    (probably for people who haven't made a class for each class in the game)

Melkor likes this.
  18. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That doesn't even really make sense to me though, because the aspects are completely irrelevant to those people. In my opinion it would make far more sense to have only the aspects for a given class show up on that class in the first place. An attribute bank showing them for every class could even be added, where you could select what class you want to see aspects for. As it is right now, it just feels annoying and crowded with things I literally cannot ever use on a given class.

Dr Zed and Elytry like this.
  19. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    fair points

Melkor likes this.
  20. _Rippi

_Rippi V.I.P. (Varis is Perfect) I LOVE REVOLVER VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They aren't irrelevant, you can equip aspects at lvl 1 in any character (you unlock more slots with more levels on that character), and it makes sense to make it easier for your second playthrough to be boosted by these aspects. Its the same as using the emeralds of your main account to make the character stronger with gear.

However, there is an issue with ironman. As far as I know, you can equip aspects in ironman, and since you share aspects with all your characters, this defeats the purpose of ironman being separated from your main account.

And I don't see a way for this system to fit both needs (that of empowering your early game with aspects, and that of making ironman not be exploited by outside help) that can be made with a quick change. They would have to separate ironman aspects to their own separate banks.