Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

a new class-necromancer

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Sivi879, Jul 23, 2024.

Tags:
?

do you like the new class

1. YES

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. NO

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Sivi879

Sivi879 Travelled Adventurer

a new class necromancer:
    - weapon - scythe melee,
    - spell1 - you throw your scythe
    - spell2 - you go underground and pop up back to the surface
    - spell3 and 4 i don't know
    First path - when you kill an enemy you get a charge and when you have enough you can summon mobs.
    Second path - when you use the second spell you became a ghost-you have increased speed and damage,but less health
    Third path you use your health as mana.
    a new class is always good :)

MlecznyHuxel99 and starx280 like this.
  2. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is the best idea ever. I cannot articulate how well thought out this was. Every detail and specific idea comes together in a magnificent crescendo of game design. The beautiful subtleties of this suggestion will be studied for centuries to come.

That said, wynncraft is not adding a new class anytime soon, so this probably won't be added. It would be too much work for an already overloaded dev team, and would not add much of anything interesting to the game. Sorry!

3. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Class suggestions aren't accepted anyways. Stuff as big and important as that aren't just picked up because of a fan idea

4. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i mean, i was trying to express that politely, but alright deusphage, whatever you say

5. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

If I had a nickel for every time someone in General Suggestions proposed a new class that was specifically named “Necromancer”

I wouldn’t know how much I have in dollars because where I live in doesn’t use nickels

itay_, Earthbrine and Six like this.
  6. Six

Six Terminally addicted to Bluecap mushroom.

I would give more constructive advice but like, the idea is not even half-baked.

Atleast you should thought out the ability trees and like the concept of this "necromancer " thing what is your game focus on playing this class. And also please atleast make sure your idea doesn't already have been implemented in the game.

Because right now it's literally
    Archetypes 1: summoner
    Archetype 2-3: fallen.

Earthbrine likes this.
  7. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the entire island of corkus in question

MlecznyHuxel99, Six and Earthbrine like this.
  8. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That was a good while ago now, back when it was easier and faster to make stuff. Making map expansions takes a whole lot more time now

Six likes this.
  9. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

Yeah, this is... dumb.

We don't need a necromancer class. If I wanted one, I'd just suggest more stuff to fit in Summoner. (One time I did wonder if you could have a fourth anti-archetype for classes, something that goes against the 'generic' playstyle - for instance, an Archer based around charging enemies with Arrow Shield - that would go up instead of down on the ATree. But that's a bad idea so I never suggested it.)

A new class isn't needed at all. The only thing I think could maybe fit is a variable-range character, with good melee and ranged options (probably a generalised jack-of-all-trades), but they're too significant to just make based on fan suggestions. I mean, most things are too significant to make at this point. Even just an extra island in the ocean is too much work (not least because there's no room with all the weird, ancient islands around).

10. itay_

itay_ Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    a necromancer is just another type of mage. Also it's gonna play like summoner/ boltslinger. There isn't a reason to implement a necromancer as a class.

11. ThePurpleEmerald

12. culpitisn'taword

Jesus

"please send this idea to salted"

13. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Rythew and Tzelofachad like this.
  14. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hello dudes olinus ten here welcome to another wynncraft quest guide today….

15. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Maiden Voyage Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    Sorry kid, but I've gotta drop the hammer on ya:
    Necromancy as a concept works fine if you stretch it out and flesh out the potential across an Archetype in the Ability Tree.

...What you can't do as easily is make AND justify three different Archetypes from Necromancy alone.

This isn't just a BTD6 Upgrade Path we're dealing with: Entire systems have already been made around the existing 5 Classes, such as their special Item Sets, Mythics, and more.

There's already a handful of weapons which fill the role of scythes, but instead qualify as Spears or Daggers for Warrior and Assassin to use. The closest thing we have to a Death class would be Assassin, whose entire job is to kill enemies with high close-range damage: Sorta like a Grim Reaper.

Spells here aren't detailed enough to be considered. Mana Cost, specific range (in blocks), Spell Damage (% of your DPS), and more have to be written out and clearly detailed nowadays. That was the norm years ago, too.

I agree! Classes like Mage and Shaman which open up special cases shake up the game for everyone in a healthy way, and allow you to re-experience content with characters which fill different niches. Some Playstyles prefer mob grinding, others enjoy Questing and Parkour, so on and so forth. I'm chipping away at a new Class suggestion post myself: A concept that wields Blasters to lob explosions and experiment with the earth and sky.

What this post is missing is, frankly, depth and detail. There's a lot of hoops, contracts, and compromises a new Class suggestion has to jump through and sign to justify it's potential inclusion in the game. I wasn't around when they made the Shaman, and the process has only gotten tougher to consider since.

ShadowMage1 likes this.
  16. ThePurpleEmerald

Oh that’s what he says

sorry the intro is always too fused together for me to make out anything asides from “Olinus”

17. culpitisn'taword

Was the Shaman a player suggestion?