Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Reintroduction of multi ID using Corkian Amps

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Azurax_, Jul 12, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Azurax_

Azurax_ Dragon CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey,
    So, ever since the addition of the "new" Corkian Simulator/Insulator the option to ID multiple items simultaneously using Corkian Amps was removed.
    As someone who loves to ID Stardusts and has ID'd an uncountable number, this has bothered me a lot, since I use Corkian Amps for almost every ID.
    Since this was already a feature beforehand, re-adding it should not conflict with the newer feature.
    I really hope for it to be re-added since ID'ing each Stardust by itself takes an hour when you ID as many as me daily.

Stonefriend likes this.
  2. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Unrelated but i think if youre going for perfect then amplifiers wont actually help you roll it but im not sure what the mechanics are 100%

3. Azurax_

Azurax_ Dragon CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    From my experience, it does help. even if it may not help for a True Perfect, it might help for a near-perfect.
    (Also yes, I did fix grammar in your quote, don't ask.)

4. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    are YOU the one making buy orders that insta buy stardusts?
    you are a true light unto the community if so!

5. Azurax_

Azurax_ Dragon CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sometimes I do that, yes, but not too often. I mostly buy up the unid stardusts below 20eb.

6. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

Btw previously the amp only worked on the first item in the identifier
    If you need true perfect, this is right, otherwise in most cases amps will help

7. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it barely helps -- the closer an item's roll is to perfect, the less an amplifier will increase the roll. even now, if an id has a base value of 2, a corkian amplifier III will not even increase your odds of getting a roll of 3

8. point_line

I am pretty sure it does cause cork amps do rounding, so if u get 1.24 roll then a cork 3 would give u 1.25 rounded
    Reason for me to believe this is cause there are some things at 1 rolls without star, meaning they must’ve been 0.995 to 1 excluding the 1 so must be amp

9. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    item values always round, this is why you can have perfect rolls with even just 1 star. you don't need amplifiers for this

10. point_line

I meant things like epoch main attack where true rolls round rather than actual values

11. Azurax_

Azurax_ Dragon CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As this has gotten 0 actual negative feedback, I believe the community is at a consensus regarding this topic.

After all, is there any negative to re-adding this feature?
    No.
    Does re-adding this feature invalidate other features?
    No, as the "new" Corkian Augments menu can still be used and has its purpose with the two "new" Corkian Augments.
    Could the feature be improved over the old implementation?
    Yes.
    After all, in the old implementation of this feature, to use multiple Corkian Amplifiers, they all needed to be in separate stacks, so if the need for that were taken away, that would be an improvement.

12. Azurax_

Azurax_ Dragon CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I see the importance of this and would also hope for an upgrade to the Podwer Master Upgrade UI, to allow for mass upgrading of powders.