Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Blade Fury Rework

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ChrisWildfire, Feb 21, 2024.

?

Which ones do you wanna see in-game?

1. Blade Fury (new)

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Rustling Leaves

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Better Multihit

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  4. None of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello yes I am back, and I have yet another ability rework proposal

Before anything, I'd like to thank @Elysium_ for helping me polish the details with this one. He's really passionate about acrobat, so his input is very much appreciated!

linebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreaklinebreak

Ok so Blade Fury. It's a fun and cool ability that lets acrobats fly willy-nilly while multihitting their targets like crazy. It's cool and all but like, it's really annoying to be an acrobat teammate because of this. Non-cci enemies just fly everywhere, which makes enemies harder to hit especially for archetype builds that require aiming, like Twain's Arc Sharpshooter or Backstab Shadestepper. Heck, even Shurikens gets harder to hit against non-cci enemies being Blade Fury-ed. Blade Fury also has that problem of making enemies stuck in your face, which makes you susceptible to damage.

Today we're reimagining Blade Fury into something much easier to work with as an acrobat's teammate, but also gives acrobats a really cool and unique strength and gameplay loop that rewards mechanical mastery with more damage output and crowd control!

blade fury.png
    (mmm Yasuo ult)

How does it work?
    While an enemy is not airborne (less than 1.5 blocks close to the ground), Fatality knocks them upwards, kinda like what the old multihit does. However they also get a new debuff called Adrift, which is pretty much slow-falling but with special interactions with acrobat: whenever Lacerate hits an Adrift enemy, they take more damage and get knocked slightly upwards. This means you can juggle enemies mid-air! The debuff will only last for 3 seconds though, after which they'll no longer be Adrift and won't take extra damage or be knocked up by Lacerate anymore.

Enemies that are already airborne won't be knocked up or be afflicted with Adrift using Fatality, so you won't have to worry about knocking them into the stratosphere.

Why is it designed this way?
    Ok but why the status effect? Why the Adrift? Well the main reason is cuz Adrift actually used to not be slow-falling, and was just a status effect that allows Lacerate to interact with enemies specifically made airborne using Fatality, cuz if it just applied to all all airborne targets then floating mobs will be knocked into the stratosphere. But then I figured "yeah Blade Fury defo won't reliably keep enemies airborne without the slow-falling" so I gave it to Blade Fury. I also want to give Fatality an incentive to actually be triggered outside of just more damage, but ig only while they're grounded lol.

Although I actually designed another ability, and it was supposed to be the ability that would grant enemies the slow-falling. Please welcome: Rustling Leaves!

rustling leaves.png
    (lacerating??? is that a wynncraft acrobat reference????)

How does it work?
    Ok so Jasmine Bloom, right? Whenever you spend 40 mana, it "blooms" which makes it gain more aoe. With this ability, the "bloom" part also causes all Smoke Bombs underneath to launch an aoe attack upwards, kinda like Air Shout but like, upwards. This projectile deals damage to enemies it passes through, and Adrift enemies also get their debuff duration reset to 3 seconds. How convenient!

Whenever Smoke Bomb makes them leaves rustle, their duration also gets reset so you won't have to worry about casting Smoke Bomb again and again.

This would come with a change that makes Jasmine Bloom, well, "bloom" even while it's at, well, "full bloom." It would just reset the duration of the aoe bonus. Surely that won't be a huge change to make, that's just uhhh if (range >= 10) {range=10}

Why is it designed this way?
    The main purpose of this spell is to make Smoke Bomb relevant to acrobat, cuz right now, it's not. This gives it that aerial damage that allows acrobats to control the skies more easily, and to get rid of those annoying anti-camps too maybe.

This ability is also designed to help you out with juggling enemies with the new Blade Fury. It used to give enemies the slow-falling, but now that Adrift does that, Rustling Leaves reset the duration instead. This means you gotta keep casting them spells to keep that juggle jugglin'.

How will these help acrobat?
    Like with the current Blade Fury, this ability allows acrobats to suspend enemies mid-air, pretty much preventing movement. However this new Blade Fury also keeps enemies in the same spot, allowing other players to aim at them more easily. This also allows acrobats that breathing room to get away from enemies a bit without "letting them go" using Adrift's slow-fall mechanic, which is something acrobats can't do rn with current Blade Fury.

Rustling Leaves gives Smoke Bomb more utility to acrobats, which makes casting and positioning them more important for acrobats. It also gives acrobat more damage against airborne enemies, which is gonna be a new and unique acrobat feature with these abilities. That nice Jasmine Bloom interaction is also just cool. I love making abilities do that.

Gameplay-wise, acrobat will have a new gameplay loop of juggling enemies using consistent Lacerate hits, while also weaving in those Multihits and Shurikens to maximize that damage output. This gives them a new form of crowd-control that can make acrobat more iconic. This also gives acrobats a clearer objective that defines their success, cuz right now it's just "hitting enemies fast", but like, you already do that.

Questions you might have:
    Q: How about the aimable multihit mechanic?

A: here u go, yw
    better multihit.png

Q: Won't this affect Trickrobat?
    A: yes. death to trickrobat

Q: How will these abilities fit in the ability tree?
    A: UHHHHHHHH
    I'll be completely honest, I designed these without thinking about ap costs. I just thought "ooh this would be cool" and then went with it. This actually also happened with the bmonk rework proposal I teased for a while, and lowkey with the summoner rework proposal I was working on too. So uh yeah sorry 'bout that, idk if I'll be posting those at all.

That's all everyone, and thanks for reading! If you like the post, then uhh like the post! You should also go vote in the poll and leave some feedback in the replies! If you wanna see more of my cool and awesome ability rework proposals, then check out my signature!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  2. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    cool post but have u considered

trickobat

ChrisWildfire likes this.
  3. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have considered it yes, and my answer is no

starx280 and point_line like this.
  4. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

excellent idea but i dont see how this would nerf trickrobat, wouldn't it buff it since now the damage boost is behind 1 ap instead of 2

5. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Trickrobat needs to take current Blade Fury to have enough acrobat abilities for Flow State. Better Multihit here won't be affiliated to acrobat so they'll need to take another node, Hop.

Now that I look at it, I guess won't be a direct nerf; it just moves ap around. Though you would miss out on Dagger Proficiency II's raw damage which nerfs tricko damage a bit.
    I wanted to completely move current Blade Fury's thunder damage to Multihit to new Blade Fury's Lacerate damage bonus, which would make trickrobat users pick between aimable multihit and raw damage for their last ap (alongside a masive multi dmg nerf but they use spin anyway) but Elysium said Better Multihit having no damage bonus would suck which does make sense, so yeah

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    point_line and Elysium_ like this.
  6. xihuanchirenrou

xihuanchirenrou Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Classic ChrisWildfire banger post

Earthbrine and ChrisWildfire like this.
  7. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    GASP Thank you!

8. Galaxias

Galaxias wybel collector VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you should figure out how to allow shadestepper to feign their death

ineedhelp and ChrisWildfire like this.
  9. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think Dissolution should grant +100% resistance and also should last indefinitely

ineedhelp and Elysium_ like this.
  10. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

I think people use hop nowadays anyways, and instead of taking dagger prof 2 they take thunder mastery although both damage bonuses are negligible
    I also could be wrong because I haven't played the game in months but I think nothing has really changed since then

11. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh interesting. That makes this a tricko buff then... *deletes post*

point_line likes this.
  12. FlyingNon

FlyingNon Assassin enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Couple of Questions as an Acrobat Player:
    Does the Leaves proc from the Smoke Bomb itself? If so.. Smoke Bomb -> Dash -> Lacerate -> Multi (Typically 40+ Mana) Constant airborne mobs?
    How high does Adrift lift the mob? Like 1.5-2 blocks so it's considered "airborne?"
    I like the idea but then I actually have to build an Acrobat Build with actual sustain cuz the mobs ill juggle will hit me :<

13. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yo yo yo
    Yes, the Leaves would shoot out from the Smoke Bombs. And yes, ideally performing the whole combo above your Smoke Bombs would juggle enemies indefinitely.
    That's a good question! Fatality's knock-up strength would send enemies to about 8 blocks above the ground, which should give acrobats enough room for mistakes without it being too high for allies to follow up.
    Ah yeah, damage wouldn't be completely unavoidable with this ability. Sheer mobility doesn't help much with dodging attacks in this game, unfortunately.

And I honestly don't know how smooth this ability would be like to use; I actually prefer casjuice's take on acrobat juggling with his Unterhau ability! There's definitely much better ways to go about this concept. There's already two people who think "Lacerate Juggling" needs to be a thing, which I think says something lol.

Elysium_ and FlyingNon like this.
  14. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you're not my most popular baby but you're still my baby and I love you so here's a bump

Elysium_ likes this.
  15. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no this post is MY baby, i am claiming it by planting my flag in this thread
    *plants flag*

16. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    AYO THAT'S MAH BABY GET YO DANG FLAG OUTTA HERE

Elysium_ likes this.
  17. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft: