Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Redo/Repeat Quests

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by AtchTheMan, Nov 25, 2023.

?

Yay or Nay on repeatable quests

1. Yay

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Yay but with different criteria (Comment)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Nay

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtchTheMan

AtchTheMan (Not) Proffesional Wynncrafter™️ VIP

Minecraft:
    I believe there should be a way to repeat quests.

Why would I repeat a quest?

Maybe you want to do a high level quest again (for lore, an item, doesn't matter why) but don't want to level a new character all the way up to that level.
    Maybe you are in the middle of a quest but somehow it softlocks and no matter what you do, you are unable to progress in the quest. (This is more along a restart feature, so it might be harder to implement)
    Maybe you need a little bit more XP but don't want to spend an hour grinding mobs.

What would this apply to?

This would most likely apply to regular quests and mini-quests, not something like world discoveries.

Rewards for a repeated quest.

The XP and Emeralds gained for repeating a quest should be reduced
    This reduction would vary depending on the difficult of the quest - A long, difficult quest might give 30% XP and 10% Emeralds, while a short, easy quest might only give 10% XP and 5% Emeralds. (I am not a game dev so my values are almost certainly not a good way to balance this)

Requirements for repeating a quest.

The quest should be unlocked and either completed or currently in progress (Shocker, I know)
    Repeated quests may only be allowed after reaching a certain level - something like level 40; this would also relate to the headquarters for restarting quests mentioned later
    Soul points might be expended upon the restart of a quest
    Possibly something else could be required to restart a quest, but it shouldn't be too hard to acquire - maybe an item centered around restarting quests, or some item that pertains to the quest itself, "Quest repeating items"
    Questlines
    Repeating a quest within a questline would only be allowed after the whole questline has been completed
    Repeating an entire questline would be allowed if several soul points are expended, or several of the previously mentioned "Quest repeating items" are collected
    NPC
    Talking to the original quest NPC would give you the option of restarting the quest,
    Due to some quests removing the original NPC, a building (similar to the Silverbull Trading Company Headquarters) might be made to allow the repeat of quests.
    Other
    Quests may also have a cooldown to repeat them. It shouldn't be too long, but it also shouldn't be immediately available.

Misc. Info

Hovering over a completed quest in the questbook would show the availability of the repeated quest. If the quest was able to be restarted it would display "Available" in green text. If it was still on a cooldown it would display "Pending" in red, orange or yellow text, depending on how long until it is available again, and would also show the time remaining until available. The green check of a completed quest may also be changed to match the color of the "Pending" text - however, this may not be ideal for newcomers, as they may wonder why the icon of their quest is red
    This has been requested before; however, I did not see one that went into much detail about how it should be done.

Elysium_ and ineedhelp like this.
  2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes you should be able to replay quests but you should only receive rewards the first time you do it. It should only be for gameplay and nothing else beyond that.

Krooza, Sir_Doomed, Enter34 and 2 others like this.
  3. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Im ok with the idea of repeating quests but as said above they should give no rewards.

HOWEVER, the issue with this is quests like A Journey Further which give items midway through the quest would still be heavily exploitable. There's way too many loopholes to patch up for this to not be an exploitable feature.

Samsam101, Ninja_VK, Elysium_ and 2 others like this.
  4. AtchTheMan

Minecraft:
    Yeah, quests that give items halfway through would be a problem. I think XP should still be given as grinding for an hour just isnt fun, but items are off the table. Not sure how that could get implemented tho. It would probably be easier if XP and items were disabled on repeat quests, but i'm not a dev so i still dont know

5. Elytry

Elytry Poisonous Bristleworm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A Journey Further has rewards????

Honestly, it's just kinda niche, and spending time doing mini-quests, caves, or grinding isn't that much of a problem.

When I was first reading this, I was thinking of quest-exclusive items, but honestly those tend to be meh.

Elysium_ likes this.
  6. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    aledar gives you like 4 LE and an EO key before you kill him

Castti likes this.
  7. Elytry

Elytry Poisonous Bristleworm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, he says he does, but doesn't. (I guess the quest is bugged for me.)

8. AtchTheMan

Minecraft:
    I just did that quest like 3 days ago and i got the 5 LE. Seems like you have been scammed by a glitch.

9. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I won't yap about it too much because I've done so already in this subforum multiple times, but this just opens the door for far, far too many game breaking bugs

Elysium_ and AtchTheMan like this.
  10. TomasBlaster

TomasBlaster Jesus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would say its a good idea to re-do quests, but I do not think it would be a good idea to give the xp, items or money back since you can benefit a lot from that.
    However, i have 2 ideas to add in this thread
    1: Make a cooldown to the quests you repeat, like 10-20 minutes depending on duration, difficulty and rewards. This should be included with more xp and emeralds, but not that much (example: You gave a 30% XP rewards for a long difficult quest, so maybe you can give 45% but add a 15 minute cooldown to it)
    2: When re-doing a quest, be able to increase the difficulty of the mobs you fight (like make the quest easier, play as normally or make it harder for fun). This should affect attack speed, health, resistence to damage, elemental defense, walking speed and use of abilitys (like the new lootrun system)

My name is DoggoDoggosso, your fellow wynner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.