Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics The Accursed Casket of Fright and Incertitude

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ThePurpleEmerald, Oct 19, 2023.

?

Thoughts? (Comment Feedback/ Suggestions if you can)

1. Good concept, it will be a great addition (Yes)

2. Good concept, could use some improvements (Give Suggestions)

3. Not a good concept, could use some improvements (Give Suggestions)

4. Not a good concept, it will not be a great addition (No)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

why do they call it oven

when you of in the

cold food of out hot eat the food

The Accursed Casket of Fright and Incertitude
    The Best Proposal on the Goddamn Planet

[​IMG]

So, what's this new boss about?
    HA SIKE YOU THOUGHT

Do you ever get the feeling of dread and horror when you know something is coming far before the decision made has been executed? Because that's what happened to me the moment I read the notes regarding the new bank changes. I knew this was going to happen the SECOND I saw the message. I WARNED people. And look what happens. Dear god. This is just plain terrible and it's going to continue perpetually if something isn't done about it ASAP.

Cool, so how does it work? Where do we find the altar?
    Like, oh my god, whose idea was it to make this the current state? For context for anyone here who is unaware, Wynncraft Player Banks have recently been given a new addition of a Class-Specific Storage (Known in-game as the Character Storage) separate from the Account-wide Bank that players are normally used to. For the most part, this is great news! People rejoice at extra storage! Who doesn't want that?

[​IMG]

The issue is the default storage set. The Character Storage has automatically been set as the default. What the hell. Why did you do this. Who greenlit this. Who signalled for the go. Who pressed the big wood-and-gold decision button. Did they have any idea what this would cause?!

Tribute Ingredient
    In case you people who have played for at least ten minutes of this game right now. Players are blind. Like, really blind. You can confidently assume that most people will quite literally miss non-flashy game content when it isn't shoved right into their faces, even if said content is ON THE SCREEN. I would like everyone here to stop and try to recall when the last time you even remembered noticing one of the "[!]" announcements or game tips that appear in the chat was. Go on. No you don't remember. Whoever says that is an absolute liar.

[​IMG]

This isn't an assumption, this is quite literally from personal experience. I have seen several people ask for gathering wheat grains instead of wheat string with their scythe despite the two nametags above said node explaining how to obtain it otherwise. I have seen several people completely miss the summon plates in Charon's old battle and get confused at why their attacks aren't doing anything. I have seen several people be baffled at their severe lack of heal despite picking an ability that clearly removes it.

And once again, I am seeing a steady stream of people panic at their entire bank being seemingly emptied after the latest server update. ON THE DAILY.

The Boss
    [1/3] ?????: To be honest. I am actually surprised that no one in the staff team actually saw this coming.
    [2/3] ?????: As I'll be explaining shortly, this is the type of issue that needs to actually be changed ASAP, it's kinda time-sensitive.
    [3/3] ?????: Fortunately, something as simple as changing the default Storage shown in the bank shouldn't take too much dev time. At least, I think it doesn't. If it does, the hell kinda code did you have for this?

[​IMG]

Okay: first off, let me state the obvious. A large chunk of players haven't even noticed that the right column of the bank is actually clickable, acting as a skip to bring you to different intervals of pages.

(That being said,):
    an (2)-> even (1.5)-> BIGGER (2)-> group (1.5)-> of (1.5)-> players (1.5)-> don't (1.5)-> even (0.5)-> remember (0.5)-> what (0.5)-> the (0.5)-> buttons (0.5)-> on
    the (1.5)-> right (1.5)-> side (1.5)-> of (1.5)-> the (1.5)-> bank (1.5)-> are,
    barring (2)-> the (2)-> arrows. (2)-> I (0.5)-> myself (0.5)-> sure (0.5)-> don't (0.3)-> recall.

Some of you might recognize some of these words taken directly from the Discord thread, but Discord threads can't be bumped so a more permanent location is needed for this. We're going to see more of these messages happen from now until the end of time as more and more returning players come back. We can't change the blindness of players, but the next best thing we can do is to blindproof the actual content. Not to the point where the entire game becomes a handholding simulator, just... enough. At least for something like this.

[​IMG]

Especially since this said thing is currently causing so many people to panic and hop onto places to ask for help due to failure of noticing the toggle button. I have seen at least two cases where the player in distress literally missing the text on the toggle storage button DESPITE having hovered over it. People don't read, everyone.

And to be honest? I would much rather have players miss the existence of the new Character Storage rather than have a mass panic of people missing the button to switch back to the Account Storage. Adding the tutorial's pulsing red circle around the button when players open the chest for the first time after the new update is a bit too much to ask the devs for, I assume, so this is the next best thing I can request. Just... change the default.

[​IMG]

I'll send examples of some of the messages I've seen so far at a later date, but for now can I just say that they've appeared quite literally everywhere. Not just Discord, but places like Reddit and the Forums too. It's always the same query of someone asking if Wynncraft has reset their banks, and why their bought bank pages have all been set back to only a single page.

Special Attacks
    [​IMG]

Can you just imagine how many of those players DIDN'T hop onto a means of communication to the Wynncraft forums and just decided to play under the assumption that they have to start over, or even worse, just give up and leave the game altogether? It might not be as large of a number as people might firsts estimate, maybe, but the thought of anyone leaving the game over something so easily resolvable just hurts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not too sure why this change hasn't been made yet, maybe the staff team hasn't seen the thread. Or maybe they simply just think that this isn't worth their time, or that this change isn't that necessary to make, as small of an alteration this is. Regardless, I will continue posting new occurrences of people asking this same question live, because I've lived through Sandy Scandal and Gravedigger, I know damn well know that this is going to continue on for an eternity.

Minions
    [​IMG]

Oh btw on a unrelated and somewhat less urgent note but still relevant to chests, it would be cool if the flying chests that appear after every lootrun challenge follow the player instead.

And by “follow” I more specifically mean that they should just be like, beside the player. Like, in a “teleport to position” fashion like ophanim orbs rather than a “walk towards” fashion like pets.

[​IMG]

Helps so you don’t have to wait at the exit of the cave for like two seconds so that you don’t miss the flying chests and also lets the player travel to any semi-safe space to open them. And unfortunately, I'm a little bit guilty of that. Maybe this isn't as big of a problem compared to other people, but my own muscle memory simply refuses to remember that chests appear and my fingers just lead me to the exit and to the point of no return.

[​IMG]

Anyways that's a minor nitpick and not that needed of a change but would still be cool to have. Thanks

QNA
    Q:
    I have some feedback on a certain mechanic or two in this suggestion. ...you won't get mad if I share my opinions, do you?
    A: By all means, go ahead! Type all you want! I thrive on feedback, and always welcome constructive criticism! People talking about it down in the replies also encourages discussion from others as well, which leads to more feedback! I may not ever work on this project ever again, but it will be of great help in future projects such as The Hidden Side when storytelling or content of similar design come into play!

Q: The hell is all this?
    A: What? I wrote a suggestion request regarding the bank and the new storage options. I even made images relevant to said bank changes.

Q: What do the weird language words actually mean?
    A: The names are partially English, partially another language, both warped to near-unrecognition. Good luck deciphering most of them. The dialogue is fully translatable from said other language.

Q: Where are the particles in any image that isn't the banner?
    A: I forgot to add activate them in the other images and realized it way too late. I can't be bothered to get new images and gifs for them.

Q: Will you ever join CT?
    A: See the Summoner thread.

Q: What's your gender? Are you not actually a guy?
    A: See the Summoner thread.

Q: What is The Hidden Side?
    A: That isn't something necessary for your handsome sweet dainty face to dwell too much about. You'll find out about it sometime later, okay dear?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  2. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is the most interesting way to complain about a game feature.

But yeah, it's surprisingly hard to make features that won't confuse the heck out of people because yes, a lot of them don't read.

3. ineedhelp

ineedhelp You need help?

actually best suggestion on the forums

4. Silent Boss

Silent Boss Critically Shameless

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok but what are the boss altar cords?

Elysium_ likes this.
  5. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Here before the person.
    Very nice suggestion, agree very much.

Some questions:
    Does it drop anything?
    I think this suggestion is better than Derne, but is it?
    Why is your gender in the Q&A?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    Bixlo likes this.
  6. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You clearly poured a lot of work into this, but this just isn't the place for a shitpost. Ultimately the fact it isn't concise and clear hurts your argument. You have a valid complaint about people being unaware of the bank changes, but I feel it would've been better if you didn't hide that complaint through a bunch of boss stuff.
    It is objectively neat, maybe keep this post as something for the artwork forum and have this suggestion link to it?
    Hopefully that didn't come across as aggressive or anything, it wasn't my intent for this to just be a mean comment-- i intended this to be a helpful one. Most people, players and staff alike, probably aren't going to read this. They're going to see the title and the images and the vague outlines and assume that it's asking for a new boss altar

7. ____________birb

____________birb borpus Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    cool suggestion the purple emerald I love boss altars

Bixlo, Smallersnail and Elysium_ like this.
  8. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If anything, that just drives the point home

but yeah that's fair

Dr Zed, xct, luckeyLuuk and 2 others like this.
  9. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never intend to come off as aggressive, as I am never upset when writing these posts. I have issues understanding emotion and tone because I am autistic, which can lead to my words coming across in a way I didn't mean to express or interpreting something as it was not intended.
    I would appreciate it if you didn't treat me like a bogeyman. You left a bunch of dispiriting comments on my profile I have since removed because they hurt me, and you have replied to a lot of my posts painting me as "the bane of general suggestions" when I am sincerely trying to be polite and helpful in my posts
    This post, though not entirely about the bank changes, begins with it and is a good half of the content, and I chose to focus on praising that suggestion in particular because it's something I agree with

Elysium_ and luckeyLuuk like this.
  10. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well I'm also autistic so I also can't really express my thoughts well, and also causes me to take things I see a bit too seriously. You can probably see from all the edits I do on my replies.

Anyways, I do not consider telling people to move their threads elsewhere is being helpful regardless of being polite or not (especially if referring to the Content Team in first person and as if stating a fact like previous replies (which in fact seems hurting to me)). I see these replies as somewhat harmful to the suggestion threads. I consider the General Suggestions sections a place for, well, general suggestions, not exact suggestions, nor final suggestions. As I said in a previous reply, I do not think the Content Team need to add everything, and exactly.

As for the "assumption" I assumed here, people ARE going to read this, since this suggestion thread has a tag, an somewhat intriguing title, and actual pictures. I believe the "shitposting" factor of this thread is done deliberately to draw attention to this issue since the Discord feedback thread on this issue sank and went uncatered to. Otherwise, why isn't this thread like the one about replayable boss fights?

luckeyLuuk and Elysium_ like this.
  11. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That however isn't the crux of my message, it's that people, both players and staff, might not take the time to read this. Some already have admitted to not reading it.

I feel there's this misconception that posts here are of the same as artwork posted in the artwork thread, and thus should be treated as such. This forum is the cutting room where ideas are accepted or denied. Presentation doesn't matter (apart from grammar) because we're here for the ideas and determining if they're good or not.

ChrisWildfire likes this.
  12. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Here's the main reason why I said this is bad and needs improvements:

I wanted a suggestion that was a Boss Altar if I see all of this effort put into it. It's still decent, but yea, it feels somewhat out of place here when its trying to be two things at once, one of them it isn't.

(and before anyone asks, yes I did read the entire thing without needing subway surfers taking up 50% of my vision)

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  13. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Detlas Bank Vault
    Lv. Req. - none :)

Lv. 10 Leather armoured player decends down the ladder and is met with a 12ft tall Eldritch Treasure Being...

14. Waiter1986

Waiter1986 Supreme leader of delivering food CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This might be the best post to ever grace the forums. Thank you, my hero

xct, Mardeknius, Earthbrine and 2 others like this.
  15. ThePurpleEmerald

Mild running gag (but… not really at the same time tbh but I still find it funny)

Minor nitpick on how people default to male pronouns when talking to others on the internet, doesn’t have anything to do with the actual post

It appears at the very end of like every QnA I’ve done so you can ignore it if you want

16. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yesn't

(i do appreciate the sheer amt of effort but this is confusing to read so i felt like i had to do a bit of mischeviousness)

ineedhelp likes this.
  17. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will say though, there are ways to encourage players to actually read stuff.

I've recently just watched Olinus' interview with HeyZeer0, and he got really good points about intuitive game design. I especially like how he talked about blue beacons and how they get rid of all the outside stimuli, making you only focus on the boon options.

Elysium_ likes this.
  18. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this in an incredible thread, just pure art.

ChrisWildfire and Sar like this.
  19. ThePurpleEmerald

I actually cannot take this anymore
    The more times I see a player mention this the closer I am to spontaneously imploding where I stand

[​IMG]

Dr Zed, Elysium_, Mardeknius and 3 others like this.
  20. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is . . . surprisingly controversial, so here's my two cents:
    On the one hand, this is one of the greatest threads I've seen on the forums, genuinely. It is quite a work of art, and a creative way to complain about a feature.
    On the other hand . . . yeah, I came here for a boss altar. I wasn't really that sorely disappointed, as this thread turned out still to be an entertaining one - it's not, like, some huge letdown that this wasn't actually a boss altar. My disappointment is practically nonexistent and my day is not ruined.
    However.
    I'm going to honestly say that I was not invested in this particular issue beforehand, and, after reading the thread, I am still not particularly invested in the issue. Not because of the thread itself - the quality of this thing is impeccable - but because of the actual content.
    yes, a couple of people who cannot read are panicking over their banks.
    making this thread, though, draws people in who don't particularly care about this issue, and didn't want to be reading this thread.
    Like - if it were a thread complaining about soul points, or some larger issue which affects a larger portion of the community, it'd make sense to have a post like this - it's something that affects everybody, and something that it's fair to make people look at.

That being said, this is still probably in my top 5 threads of all time, and it is certainly wonderful.

Dr Zed, Elytry, Elysium_ and 3 others like this.