Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Adjust Blade Fury

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ChrisWildfire, Aug 29, 2023.

?

u agree?

1. ye

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. ye + split the nodes

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. just split the nodes

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Interesting pov!

However uh, are you saying that Blade Fury is better removed? adjusted? left untouched?

2. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not really sure. It could be moved to the side as an optional node though so that the more ranged builds don't need to waste an ability point on it.
    Although having the distance be short enough not to mitigate explosion damage seems like it negates the purpose - holding an enemy in place without having to worry about them attacking.
    It'd be cool if it launched away enemies right before they cast a spell though - that'd give it more use for the flying playstyle and keep exploding mobs from making it garbage.

3. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Blade Fury also has that "Multihit can be aimed in all directions" functionality, which I think can be beneficial to all acrobats regardless of playstyle. There's been a conversation in this thread that has agreed that it's good to split Blade Fury's two functionalities (aimable Multihit, and grab enemies with Multihit) into two 1-cost nodes, one of them (grab enemies) being optional. What do you think?

Yep! That's why I suggested Blade Fury to hold enemies as far away from you as possible, but still within reach by another Multihit. I don't really know what the range for "enemy explosion spell" is, but I hope this kind of adjustment is enough to keep you far enough from it.
    A spell reaction so involuntary as that is bound to be frustrating to work with, especially with knockback which is already a polarizing utility by itself. It could work as a Major ID, though. Something like "Fatality launches enemies away from you," or even upwards like old assassin Multihit.

Elysium_ and BrokenRealities like this.
  4. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’m pretty sure that your Main Attack and Blade Fury can work together to do knockback, but it is not a good distance and is inconsistent. Probably a bug, not an actual feature. But some spell or ability doing knockback would be good.

I agree with ChrisWildfire in that the best way to fix Blade Fury is to just increase the distance to be a little farther than the Explosion radius. I feel like Fatality knocking enemies back would make chaining Multihits very difficult if you want max damage, and it is hard enough already lol.

5. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey y'all I edited the post to include the "split Blade Fury" suggestion. I also added new options to the poll.

If you like the enemy lock range increase and the idea of splitting the nodes in two, vote ye + split the nodes. If you like the idea of splitting the nodes but dislike the enemy lock range increase, vote just split the nodes. Vote ye if you just want the enemy lock range increase, or vote no if you don't like any of these changes.

Anyways thank y'all for the feedback! Your opinions on Blade Fury are all important and deserve to be heard!

Elysium_ likes this.
  6. SoulyHere

SoulyHere She/Her

Minecraft:
    multihit is casted in front of the player, which is rlly not useful when ur high above the enemy which usually have literally nothing in front of you, and have a risk of taking melee attacks when the enemy is locked in front of you like others have said.
    maybe make blade fury to a tweak to multihit that makes it cast downwards, starting at your feet instead of locking the enemy in front of you. that way multihit will be another viable source of dmg for pure acrobat, which can perhaps help with another problem that pure acrobat's dps is generally lower than other assassin archetypes (im looking at u trickster).

point_line likes this.
  7. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It already does that, actually. With Blade Fury you can aim Multihit in any direction, including downwards!

8. SoulyHere

SoulyHere She/Her

Minecraft:
    that makes the job simple - just change it so that it doesnt lock the enemy in front of you.
    maybe to make it more than just able to aim it everywhere, add the ability to stun the enemy affected by multihit for a few seconds. they will not be able to attack or cast spells during stun, which makes it cooler and can add some sort of team support. of course, there will be a cooldown for stun (maybe 15~20 sec and less duration/no effect for mobs that have knockback cci).

ChrisWildfire likes this.
  9. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hmm

After a bit of reflection, I've let myself be convinced that Blade Fury's target lock might be better removed entirely as it might not be healthy for the game at all. It counteracts against other class archetypes, particularly short-ranged ones, by making these enemies harder to hit for them. It's a very "selfish" crowd control per se, mostly benefitting you (in theory) while being more of an inconvenience for other players.

While the target lock has some benefits in team play such as crowd control or keeping your allies safe from strong melee mobs, it is ultimately frustrating to work with for most class archetypes. And while it has the added benefit of making you dish out damage more effectively, it does so at the expense of other players' damage.

It feels like the ability is designed without regards to how it might affect team play, which is fine! Blade Fury's target lock function is fun to work with, but I think it might be better for the game to just remove it.
    Anyways with regards to your suggestion, yeah it might just work as a good replacement to Blade Fury's target lock! I don't know about making enemies not attack or cast spells though, it'd be pretty new to the game and idk if it would be good to add that kind of crowd control to the game.

Maybe just disabling enemy movement while they're being Multihit? With a short cooldown, of course.

10. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In my opinion, Blade Fury’s target lock should not be removed entirely. Wynncraft, at its core, is not a team game, and because of this, I don’t think that a useful ability should be completely removed purely because of an inconvenience in team combat. Even then, there are very few non-CCI bosses that you fight with a group.
    I think that Blade Fury should only be tweaked, not removed or replaced. Maybe it would blind non-CCI enemies, as others have stated. But there’s gotta be a solution that’s better than straight-up removing it, because IMO the benefits outweigh any possible negative.

11. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As much as that is true, I don't think it's fair to discount team play in the archetypes' design. As much as Wynncraft is mostly focused on the single-player experience, there's still multiplayer elements in the game that deserves to be considered.

Elysium_ likes this.
  12. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree that things should be *considered*, but not put above solo gameplay. Unless Wynncraft starts to have more team aspects than solo, I think that the latter should have a higher priority than group combat.

Not to say that team play should be completely disregarded, but it should not be more focused on than solo gameplay is.

13. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Likewise I don't think solo play should be put above team play either. Developing playstyles from your singleplayer journey that ends up being annoying for others in team play will end up being a frustrating experience for everyone involved. I think both these aspects of the game should be considered equally.

I'm not highly opposed to the idea of just adjusting Blade Fury, that's why I made this post to begin with. However, I also want to consider the opinions of those who highly dislikes its target lock function; their opinions are just as valid.

Elysium_ likes this.
  14. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I definitely understand what you are saying. I still stand by having solo play above team play, but I definitely agree with considering all opinions, no matter what they are.

15. SoulyHere

SoulyHere She/Her

Minecraft:
    i think its just purely bc wynncraft rlly doesnt have a lot of content that actually requires teamwork - most challenges can be completed solo (even easily if u have a good build) except raids, and seems raids does not promote teamwork as much either - the design of raid challenges just make teamwork about members spreading and do stuff on their own to work towards the same objective. not to mention most of the quests is designed for solo playing.
    i still think this is not the reason for an ability to be designed towards solo gameplay more than team support, otherwise there is no point for a support class like shaman to exist in the game. its stil a mmorpg, after all.

this thread is literally just about adjusting the ability, so i guess the "teamwork or not" discussion should stop here now. i just suggest something that can be change to make the ability more useful.

ChrisWildfire and Elysium_ like this.
  16. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait, do people utilize Blade Fury's target lock for mana steal acrobat builds?

Elysium_ likes this.
  17. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

i can get into melee range regardless of whether i use blade fury or not

18. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh. I just saw an obli build with Sticky Bomb and Blazing Powder. I assume it's for mid-air combos with Blade Fury and using mana steal to help with mana sustain.

Elysium_ likes this.
  19. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The target lock makes it awfully more convenient to do these kinda stuff, but at what cost?

Elysium_ likes this.
  20. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

I'm using that rn and im able to hit melees on enemies with cci. I'd much rather have the lock feature removed. plus if you have trouble with getting into range you could learn better hop timings or take poisonous blade for the range increase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.