Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Friends On The Other Side - A Summoner Remake Proposal

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ThePurpleEmerald, Aug 13, 2023.

?

Thoughts? (Comment Feedback/ Suggestions if you can)

1. Good concept, it will be a great addition (Yes)

2. Good concept, could use some improvements (Give Suggestions)

3. Not a good concept, could use some improvements (Give Suggestions)

4. Not a good concept, it will not be a great addition (No)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

I’ll reply to everything else later but did you not read the

“but as for the general AOE capabilities, I don't want the Crowd Control to rival Acolyte, but I also don't want it to be completely single-target either”

part of the post

I don’t want summoner to have the funny big AOE I just want it to have some AOE

But still I appreciate the sacrifice suggestion, really sounds like something a Shaman would do

2. Ilikedogs

Ilikedogs Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Alright got that but please do consider my suggestions on switching the place of ritualist with acolyte and moving regeneration down to one of the first abilities a shaman player gets.

3. Grugle

Grugle RotS Enthusiast. HERO

Minecraft:
    As a fellow purple enthusiast, your suggestions are always a delight to see.
    (Also, is it just me, or do the dream dwellers MC model remind me of something from PokeCA?)

4. ThePurpleEmerald

Idk what that is but you can see the QnA for more details on their design inspiration

5. Grugle

Grugle RotS Enthusiast. HERO

Minecraft:
    Look up Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst. It’s amazing; genuinely one of the most impressive feats—in Minecraft—of all time.

6. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's not enough friends, here's a bump to join their group.

7. ThePurpleEmerald

Ah crap forgot about this okay here we go

I have a bit of resistance on switching the places of archetypes on the tree and in turn completely changing the arrangement of all the nodes, I'll probably leave that to someone else if they want to take up that challenge (Also because I don't usually go back to a past project when I'm finished, I'm working on other big stuff now lol)

I agree with the Totem Regeneration needing to be more accessible at an earlier level, but again read previous message

Not too fond of the concept of the minion sacrificing, tbh
    Barring the fact that I'm not sure about Summoner having a Burst Damage playstyle option, the act of removing all your minions even for a short time kinda also goes against the concept of Summoner's "constant maintenance" gimmick a little. Kinda makes it more of a "Build-up and then unleash everything at once" sort of thing

It is an additional perfectly functional option but not necessarily a fitting one
    (Also also for the AOE thing, see previous reply)

As for the hitting mechanic, doesn't this encourage the player to take sacrificial damage in order to trigger this? I was under the impression that Shaman (especially Summoner) probably isn't the tankiest thing in the world, and getting hit even once would not be in their best interests, especially when their AOE isn't as good compared to the other archetypes.

I probably missed something in your really long reply but I'm rushing this a bit atm I'm a little busy with other stuff so feel free to point them out whenever thx

8. Ilikedogs

Ilikedogs Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    All good bro.

About the dream dweller activates crowd control ability, it doesn't encourage players taking damage, its more of like a "fail save" thing that has a cooldown, the point of this ability is to prevent players from getting overwhelmed by crowds because summoner lacks crowd control (the ritualist aura upgrade that pulls mobs together node is kinda far from summoner's tree), and gets instantly melted, this ability gives players the chance to quickly move out of that sticky situation, and make safe distance.

I don't like that sacrificing minion thing either, it was just a random thing that came up to my mind, it feels like some based node ct team decides to add for summoner and acolyte hybrids. Summoner and acolyte hybrids are bad as well because triple totem and sacrificial shrine just means suiciding. I hope there are exclusive upgrade nodes made for hybrid builds that comes along the fruma update, but thats just too much CT development time.

I'll see if I can help with anything of the arrangement of skill tree.

9. Blast_craft

Blast_craft Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    How did you manage to create your own Wynncraft Ability Tree?

10. ThePurpleEmerald

I just grabbed the nodes in singleplayer and then arranged them in a random double chest

11. Blast_craft

Minecraft:
    huh, actual effort. thanks 'bout that. Because I am in high school and want to do something during my breaks. but that sounds like something I can't really do here.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  12. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    what is blud blatherin about

13. ThePurpleEmerald

They haven't logged on since sending the message after that one

Probably just haven't seen it yet

14. ThePurpleEmerald

Bumping this because the Summons are like pets and I want Panic Zealot pet

15. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes PANIC yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes PANIC yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes PANIC yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC YOU CAN'T STOP PANICKING ITS CAUGHT YOU AND YOU'RE TRAPPED AND YOU'RE GOING TO DIE PANIC PANIC PANIC THEY'RE EVERYWHERE AND NOW YOU CAN'T SEE PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC

16. Blast_craft

Minecraft:
    I have a question, I asked once how to make your own ability tree, I have successfully done that part, but I am missing something. How do you fix the durability?
    upload_2023-9-29_18-50-33.png

17. ThePurpleEmerald

Make it unbreakable

18. Blast_craft

Minecraft:
    I might be dumb or something, but the only thing I found out is to get the server pack from Wynncraft and transfer it into a texture pack, then changing the code in the pack itself so it doesn't have a durability bar.

19. ThePurpleEmerald

I just said, literally make the item unbreakable.

20. TntTheJester

TntTheJester Local Jester HERO

Minecraft:
    Bumping bc this should be included in some way or form to improve summoner gameplay drastically

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.