Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Redesign void matter room instead of warning & banning people for void matter duplication.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Awexx, Aug 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awexx

Awexx Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The Nameless Anomaly is a great raid in my opinion and much better than the Canyon Colossus, but one room within TNA is insufferably boring. The room I am talking about here is the third challenge room where you must collect five Void Matters. Four of the five take little to no time to collect, while the last one only spawns after three waves of mobs and a mini-boss is killed. Essentially, once the 4 Void Matters are collected, the room consists of one person killing the mobs while the other 3 just AFK at the door for 3-4 minutes. This may not seem like a long time, but when you are running hundreds to thousands of TNA's it adds up very fast. As a result of this extensively long-time gated challenge, people have found ways to avoid this time sink of a challenge via duplicating the Void Matter. This bug has been "patched" two times already, I believe, but there is always a new way to do it found (it is still possible right now). At the moment, I have somewhere around 3k TNA completions, and I would say roughly 2k of those completions, someone who wasn't me performed the Void Matter skip, and most to all of those players have faced no repercussions for duplicating the Void Matter. Since the newest method isn't as well known yet, I performed it and got a warning (I know who reported me). I am not here to complain about my warning, but to push for a redesign of this room instead of inconsistently punishing people who want to quickly skip this terribly designed room.

Note: The same can be said for the platform challenge in room 1, but this one only lasts 1 minute (can take longer if the server is lagging though... up to 2 minutes) and requires the other players to actually do something instead of afking most of it. Same can also be said for the bulb challenge in room 3, but this one takes much less time on average than the void matter room, though, it is still an afk heavy room.

A possible solution could be to reduce the number of waves for the miniboss to 2 instead of 3.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
  2. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    yeah, i'd agree that it needs changes. i'll look into getting the room changed so it's not a waiting game after getting 4/5 void matter

3. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah it could be changed but if you glitch abuse you are glitch abusing

Castti likes this.
  4. Awexx

Awexx Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Never stated that it wasn't glitch abusing. Just stating that its done for a reason, nearly all my lobbies used to do it before this most recent "patch", and that the punishments given to players for doing said bug is very inconsistent.

Mardeknius and AkhilFV like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.