Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Spell Perks of Wynn. (99.1% Approval) (Salted Approved)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JaydonTheWarrior, Sep 12, 2021.

?

Do you approve of this suggestion?

1. Yes.

98.1%
  2. No. (Why)

1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwandex

schwandex Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Could it be like bloons where 5 levels in each path and you can upgrade one or 2 spells all the way to the max, one to lvl 2 and the last one without upgrade?

2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have no idea what this means.

3. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear thinks he is referring to the perk system in Bloons tower defense.

tig and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  4. Androphonia

Androphonia SON ARE YOU THROWING THE RAID AGAIN VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    gg 69th approval vote

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  5. Scrub Boy

Scrub Boy Bro who uses the forum anyways…

Guild:
    Jaydon my guy looks fucking RAD

and also whoever voted no has been the subject of a lobotomy to not think this is awesome

6. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    time for your monthly bump.
    Neep to bump my other stuff, but I don't want to.

That_Chudley likes this.
  7. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That’s the cost of your many suggestions. Should’ve thought of that b4 you made them then :tonguewink:

8. LiamAshvinn001

LiamAshvinn001 Well-Known Adventurer

Who knows, Salted said next update had game changing stuff so maybe theyre already adding this. NGL would be insanely interesting to see this system implemented

9. TD3V

TD3V Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well I don't need to say much this is just awesome and it would be a very good addition to the game

10. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I doubt it, but one can dream.

11. fungamerlol

fungamerlol Ct applier supreme Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I would love to see this added to the game as it would help classes with bad dmg spells and make classes more diverse as well as make game play more entertaining by allowing the player to pick their playstyle freely

12. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Maiden Voyage Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    Okay, the idea of Spell perks sounds like a dream come true for someone like me. I'm the kind of person who wants to occasionally change how I approach a fight/how I can interact with enemies at a mechanical level, rather than "Oh, look, my numbers are different colors now!"

...Would this mean that my 40 Spell suggestions couldn't be as easily implemented or considered due to all of these Perks stemming from the Classes' 4 base Spells, though? Entirely new Spells could still have some kind of place, even if they're not given as much attention as the main 4 Spells each Class has!

Edit: Looks like Perks are surprisingly flexible, even with the Spells I have! This may take time to implement into my own Spells properly, but they'll overall benefit from this mandatory flexibility!

Also, it'd be nice if there were a lot more ways to mess around with movement, and Perks could open the door for that - it doesn't just have to be damages or combat functions which get modified! For example, Spells which launch you backwards when used due to their power could play into Recoil Jumping, adding even more complexity and interesting decisions to make! (IE: Take those fun-looking DMG% upgrades on your Uppercut to make it even more of a close-range nuke or turn your Spell build into a Spellicopter with some verticality-boosting Perks?)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  13. AcadeeAlkana

Minecraft:
    Actually, he's referring to the base Upgrading system Towers have.

14. AcadeeAlkana

Minecraft:
    Here's a few while I'm on break and I'm bouncing everywhere with happiness that Wynncraft's gonna finally get global mechanical variety soon wHOOO-!

Explosive Prototype Warp
    + Big explosion wherever you end the Warp at (hits a 5*5 area for 300% DMG)
    - Higher cost (and maybe self-damage or a self-debuff which increases damage taken for the next second? Might be overkill given that you'd be Warping in Melee range to make use of this, which would be risky enough.)

Rapid Damaging Totem (name pending)
    + Does lots more Spell DMG by hitting 3 times per second
    - Doesn't buff damage (still heals because we don't want another Warrior-like issue)

Healing Uppercut (name pending)
    + Heals on hit (awesome for tanking/immortality)
    - Less Spell DMG
    - Don't you need to actually hit someone with an Uppercut for this to kick in?

15. Iboju

Iboju absolute swag male CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    inherently all right suggestion but we know salted and he will fuck up any perk or skill tree type thing making it ridiculously unbalanced and then it'll take a year two of update cycles to gradually balance

the ims will balance it you say?

historically salted doesnt give much leeway to the ims i wouldnt trust it lol

16. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fair enough, I have a little more faith in them then that, but I suppose if you don't bleieve in the team there isn't anything I can do XD

AcadeeAlkana likes this.
  17. AcadeeAlkana

Minecraft:
    Okay! I'll keep that in mind, though I'll probably focus more on the idea of "Big Modifier -> Upgrade to Modifier" like Doom Eternal does it, rather than do things like "Stat Modifier -> Big Modifier," if that makes sense. Hopefully it does!

18. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Bart (MC)
    I'm assuming you don't want to balance perks?

19. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh i actually just voted something random cuz i wanted to see the results, don't feel strongly either which way

more elaborate/customizable spells in general is something i think we've all been thinking about in one way or another for years, but i'm not a particular fan of the way you've made most different spell changes simply be "if you hit something with x you now gain y boost", i'd think actual changes to spells more akin to major ids similar to cherry bombs or hawkeye being worked into an actual proper risk/reward choice to upgrade would be a much better fit. also feel like the tiering system for unlocking them where you get to choose an upgrade per tier seems like it's kinda unnecessarily limiting, but i get why you would do it that way

20. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly I get it, the perks I made for Warrior are no longer my favorite either.
    A large part of the issue was I was trying to work in my own Warrior changes, what Selvut would change, and just then the rest. Frankly, I think the "rest" actually ended up being the best.

Uppercut specifically was a big problem child when making the perks, it wad hard to change while having the rest of the perks still function under it, I think the rest of them are far more interesting, like Bash and Warscream, especially Warscream.

I think the locking thing is sometimes needed to make the perks, it can be pretty hard to come up with something flexible enough to actually work within the system sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.