Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Class Specialization

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Jer, Apr 19, 2021.

?

Would you like this to be added?

1. I would like this

93.5%
  2. I would not like this

6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Starting off, I'd like to say I have absolutely zero game design experience, or have any idea of what Wynncraft internals are, or how easy or hard this would be to make

That being said, playing the same classes, with the same abilities, over and over again without any variation is getting a little dry. So, a change that comes to mind, is to diversify the spells each class can use.

The major concepts behind each spell slot, should be roughly the same, being utility, damage, or movement. Other MMORPGs have similar concepts, especially action-bar combat games, like WoW or RS3. Being able to mix-and-match these abilities can give the same class, on subsequent playthroughs variety, complexity, and a breath of fresh air. Translating this to Wynncraft, seems like a doable concept. A menu in the compass would redirect to a skill tree like page, detailing the spells available to use. This also could double as a visual tracker of how close you are to another spell, and what specifically that new spell, or spell upgrade does (in addition or in substitution to the chat messages given upon leveling up).

What these new spells stats, upgrades paths, or even purpose is, is not my intention to suggest, since there is a more than capable content/balance/design team already. Having this extra customization opens up more builds, more difficult bosses, since a more diverse team could take on more diverse challenges. But for what I believe to be most importantly, it gives each playthrough new variety and combat loop.

And I think this lends itself to a wider issue with Wynn, that since 2013, we've essentially only gotten 1 new class, and besides some balancing tweaks, they haven't been changed fundamentally.

That's really all I wanted to throw out there, I'm open to any ideas for what any new spell could be, or criticism on any of my opinions here. thanks for reading nonetheless

Klepto, starx280 and Bixlo like this.
  2. Slpc

Slpc Probably yeeting anime girls across the country

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Could be really cool, this could be a viable option for Wynncraft, though it might be hard. Maybe add a poll? So for instance, each class could have 2 or 3 specs, like archer's other 2 could be trapper and marksman. I might make a post abt this going into detail about them.

starx280 and dr_carlos like this.
  3. Jer

Minecraft:
    Poll added

4. Slpc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    making thread on diff specs if you don't mind!

5. Jer

Minecraft:
    go right ahead!

6. Slpc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great! Might have to rename spells, but it'll work!

7. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Maiden Voyage Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    Funny - I have some 31 Spell Suggestions lying around. It's on the link below, if you'd like to see 'em!

I'm purely agreeing to this because we simply need more Spells. Major IDs, as nice as they are, are moreso variants tied to specific gear than actual new Spells.

strikeflame5356 and starx280 like this.
  8. Jer

Minecraft:
    Some of these look really good!

AcadeeAlkana likes this.
  9. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Maiden Voyage Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    I'll admit that some of them need...Rebalancing. But most of them are fine, I'm pretty sure! 600% damage on a Shaman Spell can't be too bad, right?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    starx280 and Jer like this.
  10. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly a great idea. For a long time alot of people have suggested that there should be more spells/ variety of spells in Wynn craft since the same 4 spells is very dry. Hopefully the CT eventually find a good way to implement these. overall cool idea +1

starx280 likes this.
  11. Slpc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Didn't realize how hard this would be, it's like 8 different class suggestions in 1 thread lmao if anyone could do warrior/mage I would very much appreciate

12. Slpc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bippity Boppity, There, you're at toppity!

13. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Man... some suggestions feel like my eyes are on fire or just straight up give me a headache... This one isn't too bad. Might be good to sit down and talk w/ some people with experience, get some demos/more detail into the idea so we can "see" the future. But yeah, sounds good.

starx280 likes this.
  14. TehFancyFedora

TehFancyFedora Trying his hardest HERO

Minecraft:
    Honestly, I've been starving for some new content on pre-existing classes. Since we're probably not gonna get a new class anytime soon, if ever, I would love to be able to experiment with new abilities and playstyles so I love ideas and suggestions like this (or at least an improved talent/upgrade system in general)

However, this idea kinda falls on the same category as class suggestions (sort of). It takes a really long time to implement (and I would assume even more than a new class since you have to change 4 spells for 5 different classes and balancing them instead of creating 4 out of scratch, but then again I don't know how wynncraft spells work so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

But I fully support this! Would make for some cool new content overall.

starx280 likes this.
  15. 3XTWISTEDTITAN

3XTWISTEDTITAN The Traveler

Minecraft:
    might want to add some more details next time, but i like this idea!

16. Slpc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    would appreciate people doing mage/warrior specs pls if possible

17. P1zzaL0ver

P1zzaL0ver Owner of DarkNova (seriously, please join)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I LOVE rs3

Jer likes this.
  18. Slpc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump
    10char

19. Slpc