Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Mage Major Ids (that Aren't Entropy)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by TheEpicCajun, Mar 2, 2021.

?

Do you like these major IDs?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Yes, but I don't like all of them (explaining why would be nice)

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. No (explaining why would be nice)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just wanted to throw in some ideas for Major IDs that are for Mage, as I think it is currently the most lacking in them especially with recent updates and patches adding many major IDs for other classes. Note that these descriptions are not going to be the descriptions of the IDs on the items; the descriptions given are meant to best describe how the major ID works.

Overheal:
    If you heal yourself or someone above their full HP, they will gain temporary absorption equivalent to the total heal value of the user's heal. This lasts 5 seconds and has a cooldown of 20 seconds. (This also can be applied to the user)

Alternate version (with no cooldown): The absorption buff will only be 1/8th of the total heal value, but there would be no cooldown and the absorption buff can stack up to 8 times (which will equal the value of a heal). The effect will still only last 5 seconds after the most recent overheal proc.

Photon Excitement:
    When you damage an enemy with teleport, you gain a 10% damage boost for the next 2 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.

Metamorphosis:
    When you are above 60% health, you have +10 in all skill points, a +200 rainbow elemental defense boost, and +20% damage. However, if you are below 60% health, you have -10 in all skill points, -100 in all elemental defenses, and -3 mana regen. The skill points have no effect on your armor/accessory/weapon requirements. If you switch to another wand, the effects will disappear when above 60% health, but the negative effects will persist for 10 more seconds when below 60% health unless you switch back to the wand with this ID. (this one in particular is going to need a lot of tweaking, and may far too complicated to code in with minecraft limitations)

Compression:
    Instead of using meteors, you will instead spawn a miniature black hole from your body which will travel semi-slowly on its own in a straight line and draw nearby mobs in, which will then explode in the duration it takes for a meteor to fall. The spell multiplier for this will be raised to 600% instead of meteor's default 500%. This will not have a burning ground after effect.

Creeping Branch:
    Your Ice Snakes turn into a creeping, earthen branch. It will lose its properties of freezing enemies but it will instead gain a spell multiplier of 200%.

Wave Check:
    Instead of casting meteor, you instead cast a slow-moving wave that carries enemies within it, which lasts for 2 seconds. It deals 125% spell multiplier damage every 0.5 seconds. (This is basically a player version of the wave spell mobs cast)

Riftstepper:
    When you cast teleport, you will move in the direction you're moving instead of directly where you're looking. (For example, if you are holding the A key and moving left, casting teleport will teleport you to the left instead of directly forward.)

Voidlock:
    You can no longer cast meteor. However, your teleport spell now has a 225% spell multiplier. (Imagine this in combination with either Riftstepper, Photon Excitement, or both).

Caduceus:
    Instead of healing in a radius around you, you instead shoot a heal 'snake' with the range of Ice Snake. You also control this heal beam as you would Ice Snake. The two smaller heal pulses will also apply as normal to those healed. (You will still be able to heal yourself)

Ice Wave:
    Your ice snake will instead cast an ice wave that is cast in a short, 5 block radius around you. It retains all the slowing, freezing, and damaging properties of ice snake.

Magic Blade:
    Your mage melee attack will have less range (2 blocks less), but they will deal 125% damage and sweep in a 90 degree arc in front of you.

Hotfooted:
    When standing in the Burning Ground area of your meteor, you will gain +40% more walkspeed and a 15% damage boost.

I hope you like my suggestions for Mage Major IDs. Constructive feedback is always welcome!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Photons are bosons that carry the electromagnetic force (i.e light and some other stuff).
    What does this have to do with a dmg buff?

3. OmegaCKL

OmegaCKL definitely totally super very active player CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Photon is cool word that sound cool and is cool word so cool

Toaster and cars3n like this.
  4. dr_carlos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If it was on Photon Projector (Relik) this would make sense but it doesn't.

5. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s meant to reference how photons can often ‘excite’ the electrons of atoms, putting them in an excited state which creates energy during excitement, before it goes back into a grounded state. An electron can get into a higher excited state the more photons or other things it absorbs, which is why the major id gives a damage buff and also has a chain reaction with the teleports damage boosts. (This is an extremely basic explanation I’m not a Chem major)

Melkor likes this.
  6. dr_carlos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah okay cool that explains the damage buff - I hadn't thought about electron excitment.
    (Not Chem major either just quantum physicist /s)

7. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Don't know if I love all of these, but I really like a lot of them, especially the ones which change how spells are used/how they work. Creeping branch is my favorite of the bunch, but I also really love voidlock, magic blade and hotfooted. Some of them aren't for me, but are interesting like Photon excitement and compression, the only ones I don't really like are ice wave (since it would make ice snake lose all it's synergy with meteor) and compression since bringing mobs to you as mage is just not a great idea. idk about icewave, but compression feels a lot more like a warrior ID then a mage ID to me.

That said, this is a long list, there are bound to be a couple anyone disagrees with, you did a great job with this, nice work!

I_Liek_Turtlez and TheEpicCajun like this.
  8. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think these are pretty pog, honestly for the next update, I really wouldn't mind just focusing on major ids and stuff like that for the game instead of adding new locations, dungeons etc. Major IDs have potential to make wynn combat incredibly diverse without making a spell tree that I've been hearing about. I also think more conditional major ids like Savior's Sacrifice or Freeruner would be super cool.

Toaster and TheEpicCajun like this.
  9. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To clarify, the "Black Hole" spawned from the Compression major ID will travel on its own at a slow speed, but it will spawn wherever you are standing, moving to where your crosshair was when cast before exploding. I've changed the wording just now to make it more clear.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  10. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear says overheal on lament would make it worth using over KOH. Ice Bear says mage has so many potential major IDs. Ice Bear doesn't see why they haven't added more for mage.

Indestructiball likes this.
  11. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Oh, in that case I like it a lot more, I thought it was stationary but if it's traveling that's a lot more interesting. Not totally sure it's a good replacement for meteor since it kind of sounds like meteor mixed with ice snake in a way (stuns and deals a lot of damage), but it's interesting regardless.

12. PenLord

PenLord In the court of the Crimson King CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm unsure about the things changing what spells are (like creeping branch or voidlock) and ones that are just turning the mage into more of a damage class (creeping brack) but things like hot footed and ESPECIALLY overheal are cool in my opinion, even if they need balancing.

13. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As a chem major I can confirm this is pretty much true except the energy isn't created, it's just absorbed by the electron.

IceBear likes this.
  14. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    so the mob ver of meteor but it has pull as well? of god
    V I B E C H E C K

15. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Definitely a lot of ideas, the damage boost upon tp hit in particular sounds very possible.

One stood out a negative way though (not just because it was first i promise)
    The only thing worse than a direct damage major id is a cooldown major id. It goes against the very design philosophy of Wynn's combat that's been followed to a fault.

Either rework it with a small enough heal->absorption multiplier to not have a cooldown, or just drop the idea.

16. Ziffler1

Ziffler1 looking for corrupted dungeon partys VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    all of these would mean mage gets like 10 major ids and archer only has 1
    shaman has 2
    that means we need more archer and shaman ids

17. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    currently warrior has three, shaman has two, archer has two, assassin has three, and mage has one that’s limited to one mythic.

Toaster likes this.
  18. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well chances are if the CT and/or Admins are looking at this thread, only one or two of these IDs will actually be implemented within a single update (that is, if they even consider them in the first place). So there wouldn't really be a major ID imbalance in the game.
    Also, this is just purely my personal opinion and comes from my inherent bias as a mage main, I think mage should specialize in having more major IDs than the other classes because it's a wizard. Having the most proficiency in magic should give a spellcaster a lot of tricks up their sleeve and a lot of creative options for combat especially compared to other classes that aren't as reliant on magic (not to say other classes shouldn't have more major IDs, I'm all for more major IDs for the other classes as well, but I'm personally not experienced enough with the others to suggest any good ones).

I mean if it really matters that much to follow the apparent zero-cooldown design philosophy for the devs for a niche major ID that is most likely going to be relegated to a niche mythic like Lament (what I would personally like as a Lament enjoyer) or a new fabled weapon, I'll create an alternate version of it, without scrapping the original.

19. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump/0char

20. mama Luigi

mama Luigi Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Can you spawn multiple of the hole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.