Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Remove The Price Check Feature From Rollable Items On The Trademarket.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by •WhiteWolf•, Feb 23, 2021.

?

Do you agree with this suggestion?

1. yes

2. no

3. partially

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    With the new Trade market code, there is once again a "price checking" feature that suggests a value to your items based off past trades of said item. And while this works well for things like ingredients. It can be both erroneous and manipulatable.

The feature has led to a compression of prices on rollable items, removing any form of competition from the market, as many people just list for the suggested price. Especially in unique and rare item markets, this causes both terrible and borderline decent/good rolls on items to end up with the same value, clogging the trade market with useless items and scamming some players into underselling items worth more. Item such as medeis, cumulonimbus or dart frog's skin, which used to be very good items to roll, being worth it to [2] or [3] have consequentially dropped in value from ranging 2-16 or so to only going above 2 le for godly rolls, due to this price checking feature misguiding players into listing for lower prices. Normally this would simply be a "snipe" for people watching the market to resell for more, but due to the bulk of this underselling, it isn't feasible to do so (outside of godly items).

In smaller item markets (i.e. items that few players are selling) it is now easier to manipulate the prices too. If you and a friend are able to buy/sell a given item at an increased price, this will drive the price check up, causing other players to list just as high, and reducing the limiting competition that would otherwise halt artificial inflation like this.

In short, the price check feature fails to achieve it's purpose and in many cases does more harm than good. It serves its purpose on items that do not have variability in their rolls such as ingredients and materials, but for other item with rollable stats is is grossly unequipped to work effectively.

Even removing the forced preset of a price on items would cause players to check the book instead of all just listing for the suggested price

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  2. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Sup Wolf Man very cool gaming I agree :grinning: this is of the stupi

Aerrihn and •WhiteWolf• like this.
  3. Chaosunium

Chaosunium Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    price check feature is really good!!! last day i got a stratiformis from a loot run and it sold for 2 stacks thanks to the price check feature omfg im rich!!!!!!!!!!! if it wasnt for it i would have sold it for 30 le or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont remove price check feature!! its godtier

4. Shortsightedness

Shortsightedness Somehow the IGN doesn't change on forums VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the price check feature is really helpful when a noob tries to sell an item on the TM because they don't know what the prices are.
    i prefer the old TM with the book thing on the right that says "average price during last 7 days:" and the default price just being the price check BUT it should say "Suggested price based on the average item price sold" or something

Someone_WC likes this.
  5. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe keep the pricecheck for profs since who knows the actual prices for mats (lmao me) however yeah items like weapons get boned from this

AlleonVera and •WhiteWolf• like this.
  6. •WhiteWolf•

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But with rollable items, it is very unlikely that the price check will be accurate to the item’s actual worth

AlleonVera and Sg_Voltage like this.
  7. Sayori_

Sayori_ Doki Doki CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, remove price check except for items which have fixed ids, like mats, ings and armor/weaps that are bought from shops.
    Atleast, put a warning on items with roll ranges that prices vary according to their ids.
    Lastly, remove the auto price set thing, that feature is just begging for people to be scammed

8. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    Is there still a way to check the highest buyer? I can't seem to be able to insta sell things anymore. And yeah I agree, price check for rollable items is waiting for a scam to happen, but since it's been implemented I highly doubt there's no reason for it to be there.

•WhiteWolf• likes this.
  9. TMoney1909

TMoney1909 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I mean it's their as a basis not a definitive price. That's why its suggested price.

10. Sayori_

Sayori_ Doki Doki CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes its not a definitive price, but its use as a suggested price is absurdly useless.
    You can claim its a "reference point" But having the median being a couple le for an item worth normally a few eb because of one godly 1 stack sale confuses the fuck out of people

or a mythic normally 10-15 stacks being skewed downwards because of 1 3 stack cursed version appearing

11. Stoneman2015

Stoneman2015 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I am but a simple market sniper trying to make a living to feed no one but myself and the price check feature really helps lure people who're unaware of prices to sell godly items for the low low prices of practically free in which i then sell them for a 300% markup, so pls dont get rid of it ;((((

12. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    The automatic price checker is so dumb, literally just-
    • Search the item you're selling
    • Look at the prices and IDs
    • Make and educated guess as to what your item would sell for
    • It will probs sell
    • If it doesn't sell lower it a bit
    • If an item is very valuable (like a mythic) ask on Detlas 1 for a pricecheck.

13. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The price checker in it's current form is bad, but that doesn't mean we don't need market statistics, they just need to be better communicated. It would be better if instead of a single price, it gave you the last sold price, the week or month average price/volume (possibly to unique buyers) and the high/low listed prices. Data like that would work for both ID'ed and profession items and would let people make the most informed decision when selling.

You're right though, in it's current form the price checker is basically useless and is prone to manipulation.

14. •WhiteWolf•

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This method fall flat when all the items similar to yours get listed at the price of much worse versions, so listing for a reasonable price is comparably useless :/
    As i said in the post, this also reduces the effectiveness of sniping. What use is sniping a good medeis when there’s a whole page of similar ones up for less already. You can’t snipe an entire market.

15. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Remove the feature and that problem is gone in 2 weeks ;)

16. Azu

Azu A-mage-ing

Guild:
    As somebody who doesn't have a comprehensive grasp on how the Price Check works, it's a nice tool to use. However, I always worry that I am being fed false information and getting cheated out of potential Emeralds when I go by it! The price check thread is incredibly long as well, I don't have time to sort through 700 pages looking for information on the item I'm trying to sell, so I just go with my gut and hope for the best.
    If anybody knows of a guide that lays out the basics of item pricing, please refer me to such a holy grail of info!

17. •WhiteWolf•

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can just make another post in the PC thread tbf. There’s also guilds, friends, the main Wynn discord, as well as several other Wynn related dcs, some, like ME, get used by mods for PCs even.

18. •WhiteWolf•

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  19. •WhiteWolf•

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  20. Inoob

Inoob Certified monkey CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    this is usually not a good way to go, the pricecheck feature always goes wrong, if u need a good pricecheck, me and the bois on the wynncraft discord #trade_market channel are here to help u get your item pc'd, alternatively you can go to Mythic Emporium discord, where there is a channel that is geared towards pricechecking items. mr whitewolf hangs out there too

Azu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.