Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What In The Actual Hell

Discussion in 'Guild Discussions' started by IceResistance, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I don't really want to be involved in guild drama (not that I consider this to be guild drama, just making it clear that I don't want to pick a fight) but I think the real issue here isn't the levels or the XP, it's the guild cap and the likely reasoning for dropping it.

In the old war meta (from what I saw when I was a part of the scene) was mostly dominated by a few massive guilds with smaller guilds struggling to hold even a couple territories. I think the idea behind shrinking guilds is that the larger guilds will have a harder time holding down half the map and more smaller guilds will be able to have at least a couple territories. I think they wanted the map to be more evenly divided, which I guess is fine, but the problem is that it's coming at the cost of communities which have been built up over the years.

Honestly, I don't really know why we're surprised anymore. Wynncraft has always had a terrible relationship with their community. They act like they care but when it comes to taking action they never consider the effect their decisions will have on the community. Consider this, even after making a big deal about how they're looking for feedback on the beta, nothing really changed and the main concerns were never addressed. Members of the guild community were extremely vocal about this being a potential issue for months and literally nothing was done about it come release. I have a lot of venting to do about the relationship Wynncraft has with its communities, but this is just one example of how irrelevant our concerns are in the grand scheme of things.

There's also the argument that what they did was bad, but it was the only way and to that I say in that case, don't make the change. If the changes result in a net negative, it doesn't mean you take the L, it means you go back to the drawing board and fix the fundamental issues which are causing concern. One of the worst parts of this is that nobody is actually interested in defending what they did, every response has just been along the lines of "it is the way it is", almost as if the people making the calls don't really understand why they're making these changes either. If you can't explain why the changes made are an improvement to how things were before, odds are, you just made things worse for no reason.

2. Nieke

Nieke Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No you can write really simple code to not let this situation happen and level up everyone to where they should be. This is a your bad decision, not math, you decided what math to use. You decided it would be funny if we just messed up most guild rankings for the sake of a softish reset. There is just one other way I can interpret this, maybe you are maximally lazy and just use an already built in system to convert overflow and just do not care and I don't know which is worse.

How to do the proper math:
    You take your list of xp to level up, plop it into a spreadsheet, make a column for a running sum. Copy those values, format them into your languages array. Now you just need to do two things in one pass: reset everyones level 1 and add their old total from the array. It really should not be hard.
    How to do a soft reset:
    Keep everyones level, take their % towards the next level and scale it down. That should be doable in one pass with too simple to explain calculations.

hirotoy0, AngelKiba, meadow and 2 others like this.
  3. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, but lets be respectful to Moe. He didn't have word on this decision, he just did some digging around and acted as a middle man. I appreciate the communication.

But yes, the mathematical rule they are practicing and very questionable and has never been used before when determining these values.

Druser, Pally and Sg_Voltage like this.
  4. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't understand how did TNI gain 5 levels with 60% xp xp at lvl 61, how do the maths add up to get from lvl 61 to 66 while other guilds got nothing?

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  5. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its because you only kept your xp from your level.

If you just leveled up and were at say like 1%, you didn't move at all.
    If you were at like 99%, you jumped lots of levels.

Hence why a guild at level 76 at 99% > than a guild at level 77 with 1%. The difference in those two percentage points put the guild that is a higher level multiple levels behind. Some guilds jumped a LOT based on odds of how much you were into your current level.

It has nothing to do what level you are, and if you were a high level or lower level guild, since level ranged are proportionally. It mainly had to do with how much percentage points you were into your level.

99loulou999 likes this.
  6. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't even try to start a flame war. I know that you are upset, as are a lot of other members of our community, however, don't go around attacking anyone personally. Please acquaint yourself with our Game & Forum Rules before you post anything else.

7. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Can we expect an official response regarding this situation? Because it's the exact opposite of what I feel you wanted this update to have, to make all guilds equal in some way shape, or form.

Xeabia, Moshimoo and Sg_Voltage like this.
  8. Moshimoo

Moshimoo Bird furry turned civilised

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Usually dont agree with this stuff, but if what people are saying about there being 'a math to it', How the FUCK did DDT go up to 76 whilst Shy only went to 73 while they were both originally lvl 71? They both had the same amount of overall xp from 1-71, shouldn't that overflow xp have boosted them both up & had the small amount of XP in the guild till the next level be as insignificant as it really is compared to all of the other 71 levels?

IceResistance likes this.
  9. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Seriously?

We went through this entire conversation two years ago with player levels, and now the exact same mistake has been repeated with guilds.

10. 99loulou999

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    did you grind over 100 billions xp on one of your classes before?

11. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We didn't get all our xp

Wynn staff felt so generous as to give us the xp saved on our CURRENT level :/
    It all came down to percentage. DDT probably had a higher percentage into the level they were currently on, so they got to get all that.

I was explaining this earlier how a guild at level 76 with 99% would get boosted wayyy higher than a level 77 guild with 1%. They would be left in the dust, even tho the one that barely grew was the higher level one. Leaderboard changed drastically because even though some guilds were higher level, they just leveled up so they had like no xp to overflow.

But yeah, they nerfed xp requirements and didn't give adjust level. They merely gave us the xp overflow from the level we were currently on.

Druser and Moshimoo like this.
  12. Moshimoo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah DDT had around 80ish% & Shy was about 10-20%,, and I already knew this, i was just explaining how its absolutely bullshit that it happened. Shy would've been better off had it not grinded to 71 at this rate tbh. I'll be the first to admit i've probably been hypocritical about this update overall, but now that its come out I cant help but agree with a lot of the problems y'all have been pointing out because this isn't really ok.

13. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, for example, it screwed over TNL. They decided to grind to the next level and spent money on DXP bombs.
    Then this happens - would have been WAY better off if they simply did nothing because they ended up having no xp overflow. Its ridiculous.

14. Moshimoo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yep, ain't fair for any guild at this point.

15. AlphaCloud

AlphaCloud Wawa VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  16. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think you misinterpreted me.

17. WeaponMerchant_

WeaponMerchant_ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It's just stupid at this point, I don't have any words for it. Wynncraft team back at it again!

18. 99loulou999

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yep, misread mb

19. Moshimoo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Only thing i'd like to point out is that we shouldn't blame Wynn's CT for this, it wasnt their fault. I was on CT for the majority of 1.20's development (March through December) & as you can probably work out if you have any semblance of knowledge when it comes to programming, guilds were worked on by Wynncraft's developers. The only involvement CT generally had was building the war arenas (Detlas best arena i swear)

Pally likes this.
  20. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don’t blame the CT or mod team for this mess at all, all bugs and such are usually the fault of the admins (unless Wynn has a quest maker system and a bug was born from there) but it is quite clear the admins of Wynncraft rushed the guild update, so I will be blaming the admins for this :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.