Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Best Class For A Melee Build

Discussion in 'Questions' started by TerrarianSoldier, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerrarianSoldier

TerrarianSoldier Archer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Which class do you recommend for a long term melee build? I’d assume archer because it has the highest weapon damage paired with the longest attack range, but I want to hear your guys’ thoughts

2. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i would recommend mage. best objective melee attack, and there are plenty of ways to build melee without relying on weapon base damage- cancelstack, heavy melee, and rawstack.

archer only has a couple of great options, stinger and anthrax gun off the top of my head.

shaman is abysmal, despite it having usable melee weapons.

assassin heavy melee is just broken, and is solid in most melee builds due to 1 cost 2 second +80% damage

warrior is.... warrior. it has skien's madness going for it i guess.

obligatory no best class no best build.

MlecznyHuxel99 and TrapinchO like this.
  3. TerrarianSoldier

Minecraft:
    what are these?

4. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    types of builds

cancelstack involves gaining the raw melee damage from an item with a lot of it that also has -tiers, and then cancelling the -tiers. think necrosis + writhing growth, for example

heavy melee is literally going into wynndata and sorting by main attack neutral damage. think writhing growth, taurus, obsidian-framed helmet, etc.

rawstack is using a generally very fast or super fast base weapon, and stacking raw melee damage on it. you can scrape a few tiers out of items like flashfire set, but generally think items like elysiun-engraved aegis and shawl of gaea type stuff.

5. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cancelstack involves taking 1-2 high melee damage items with massive negative attack speed penalties and canceling them out with other items with positive attack speed bonuses (think along the lines of necrosis plus writhing growth, for example). The result is a heavy hitting melee attack that can be spammed.

Heavy melee involves stacking tons of items with massive melee damage and negative attack speed. Your attack speed can never go below super slow, so while you only hit maybe once a second, you'll hit like a truck. This one is also often used with quake and chain lightning powder specials, as they can multiply your melee damage for even bigger damage boosts. I happen to have a lot of experience with using this one on assassin, and as such I can recommend a build (unlike the other two, which I'll leave for others with more experience using them). https://wynndata.tk/s/3mrzy2

Rawstack refers to traditional tier stacking, taking a super slow weapon with a lot of base damage and pairing it with a ton of attack speed boosts to make it hit faster.

EDIT looking at a post above, I might be wrong about rawstack. I know for a fact that my other two descriptions are accurate, but note that the last one might be inaccurate.

EDIT 2: yeah, my rawstack description was way off, it sounds like it instead uses a faster weapon with a lot of smaller raw melee buffs and maybe 0-2 attack speed tier buffs, depending on the weapon's attack speed. Having said that, I'm still going to leave my old description as-is as tierstacking is yet another melee build type (look at stuff like apocalypse or alkatraz for examples of traditional tierstacking)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    TerrarianSoldier likes this.
  6. TerrarianSoldier

Minecraft:
    Thanks! That helped a lot, the only thing I don’t understand is what is the point of cancel stacking? If you’re already at negative tiers wouldn’t you just want to go with heavy melee?

one_ood likes this.
  7. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah your rawstack description isn't right

honestly a good time to link https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/class-building-vocabulary.260229/ because there is a standard for this and yeah
    Heavy melee tends to have less dps but is much easier to use and has amazing burst thanks to quake. It also suits assassin thanks to the existence of vanish, letting you vanish boost each hit and the quake.

8. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Melee is only good on warrior because spell warrior is weird

9. MonsterXHunter

MonsterXHunter Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    ill share my build , can u improve it for me ? i've drafted for like 1 week, and lootrun for those items as well lol
    https://wynndata.tk/s/ksz1cb
    but the powder on my mask is gone due to stupid game bugs

10. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    don't waste armor powders unless it is an endgame build you are absolutely sure you want to use extensively

don't use t6 powders on non-late game weapons unless it is for powder abuse, which impulse is not

build looks fairly solid i guess, ignoring the fact that you level out of it in like 30 minutes or so

The Sorcerer likes this.
  11. MonsterXHunter

Minecraft:
    yes its my main char , is only 67 atm RIP
    i find lvling so slow ,so thats why i stopped at troms and lootrun abit for some LE

Attached Files:

12. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My advice for making some LE would be to either use the selchar reef with a breathing helmet II or go hat scrapping in ragni (probably selchar reef if you want the emeralds now, simply because the trade market is down, but hat scrapping is pretty much strictly better in most cases).

As far as the build, it looks decent for your level. As oinuk pointed out, the powders are wasted on your current gear, but you've got some decent damage and solid survivability assuming your impulse rolled well on mana steal and mana regen. I would maybe throw in some mana steal to capitalize more on the super slow attack speed (dark diadem and alternator come to mind, charm of the leech also has a touch of lifesteal but is a bit trickier to obtain than diadem) as well as a secondary for when impulse's mana regen penalty becomes a problem, but the build seems fine as is outside of the fact that you'll outlevel it pretty quickly.

13. MonsterXHunter

Minecraft:
    wdym by hat scrapping ,I looked up i google and find no clue? , does it mean we craft hat and sell to blacksmith?

14. TwentyZ6

TwentyZ6 average wynncraft addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I’m pretty sure hat scrapping is buying cheap hats from ragni armor merchants, scrapping them for scrap, and selling it on the trade market

MonsterXHunter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.