Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Travelling Merchant

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by itsskyexd, Dec 17, 2020.

Tags:
?

would you want this update

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsskyexd

itsskyexd Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    hey its skye here and i had an idea for a traveling merchant here it is. if the team usesa my idea they can change stuff if they need or want

Desc.: a merchant that travels around the world selling items for currency.

How many merchants are there per province?:
    5 per province

Where is the merchant?:
    spread out around the 2 provinces

What does the merchant sell?:
    the merchant should sell travel scrolls to near by towns and towns across the map. (the travel scrolls should be more expensive though as a penalty for not being prepared)

Potions

exclusive items you can only buy from that merchant ( so there needs to be 10 exclusive items) (I dont know what the exclusive items could be so sorry)

and maybe some more things the wynncraft team may come up with

buyer tiers:
    example: when you buy more from the merchant you get a discount.

New customer (0 - 50 purchases) (no discount)

Semi regular customer (51- 200 purchases) ( 5 % discount)

Regular customer (201 - 500 purchases) (10 % discount)

Super customer (501 and up purchases) (15% discount)

Bixlo likes this.
  2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not sure I like the specifics of the thread, but I do generally like the idea of traveling Npcs.
    I think seeing NPCs moving around the world, or caravans going about for trade would be insanely cool, and very immersive.

Epicness937 and Sg_Voltage like this.
  3. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Not sure about a lot of the details here, but the general concept is a nice suggestion. Here's some feedback;

I don't think having buyer tiers is a good idea, it's needlessly complicated for a system that really just needs a merchant that can randomly spawn in certain areas. Additionally, there would need to be some way of communicating to the player what their discount is, preferably without needing to actually see a merchant. At that point, you've basically made a reputation system which is a much more complicated idea then traveling merchants. If Wynn had some sort of rep/morality system already in place, this might be a good way to integrate it into shops, but we don't so it's not. If that's something you want I would suggest making another suggestion for that so you can more clearly outline that idea and how it effects the game in a more general way, but in this context it really just over complicates a really simple idea.

Next, defining a fixed number of them per area is a little silly since it just makes the system more complicated then it really needs to be. In this case I think the best system would have merchants work like rare mobs, where they have defined areas where they can spawn and if you spend enough time in an area they'll appear. By using a system like that, you could also add some more trade options to the merchants, like having desert merchants have a deserty looking skin and selling desert themed items around that level range, or by having a travelling dwarf around Thanos who sells special minerals for armoring or weaponsmithing. This would really help with theming and would also make selling scrolls a lot easier since they would be region locked so determining what scrolls to sell would be super easy.

I really like the idea of having exclusive items sold by these merchants, especially if they're rare ingredients for crafting with some really powerful effects. Most rare ingredients require combat to get, so this could be a nice and fresh way to get different ingredients. I also think having exclusive gear is a cool idea, I don't really know what could be done to make it special, but I'm sure there are more creative people out there who could really make it work.

I think when making suggestions, it's really important to ask yourself how much new stuff would need to be made for this to exist in the game and to work your way backwards. If there are existing systems or ideas already in the game, it's best to build off those first before suggesting all new systems get implemented. You have a good start to a great idea here but I think you need to work a little more at making it fit into the game.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  4. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The concept is great

5. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But the finer details are less so

6. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as I said: the concept is great.

7. itsskyexd

Minecraft:
    thank you all for the good reply's. i see why the details are a bit not so goodfbut ty

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  8. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're new to the game yeah?
    It's nice you're already coming up with ideas to put into the game.
    Whether or not people support them, keep it up, it shows passion. :)

ocel0tgirl likes this.
  9. itsskyexd

Minecraft:
    ya i just started the game like 3 days ago. i like it that much.

TwentyZ6 likes this.
  10. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Exactly.
    'Twas an appendment to your previous statement.

ZockerCam likes this.
  11. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just add a gui when you click these dudes :D
    upload_2020-12-18_12-9-23.png

Bixlo likes this.
  12. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome to wynn then! also I like this idea, if there was a way to sell items to them that would be amazing bc then you can sell stuff u get randomly. also keep up the ideas! we need more thinkers

13. Kyokujitsu

Kyokujitsu Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I like the idea, but it would be better if you the limit isn't 5 per province since corkus counts as its own province and is compared to wynn and gavel really small so there would too many travelling merchants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.