Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

A Bit Of A Change For Mana. (96.2% Support) (150+ Support)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JaydonTheWarrior, Sep 12, 2020.

?

Do you support?

1. Yes

94.2%
  2. No

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  2. Candras

Candras Well-Known Adventurer

I like the suggestion.

One thing that no-one has mentioned yet is how difficult would it be to change the system? - not going forward, but retroactively. Think about how many mr/ms items there are that would need their id's scaled by 5. Unless you want a bunch of 1mr items or some currently expensive items due to good rolls be completely trash, you'd have to scale all items retroactively.

Now, I'm not sure how coding works so it could be a simple fix, or it could be very difficult and even if it was just going into the code and changing a number from 1 to 5, that would be extremely tedious to do for all mr/ms equipment, not to mention ingreds.

If this issue could be resolved, i'd be perfectly happy to see the change implemented.

One last thing i would love, would be if they changed sprint not being tied to mana... or if they make this change then make you lose sprint at like 5 mana on the basis of "mana exhaustion" or something.

3. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Well, when the ID range changes, they get random value, thats it.

To code it, is we assume mana is not tied to hunger, you would first have to multiply everything by 5. If it is tied, you would have ti completely recode it. Then you will have too check what did you forget and rework at least half of existing items due to balancing

4. Candras

I feel like you're assuming that there is a single line of code for all mana items where you just scale the numbers. If that is the case, then great. But I doubt it. I think each item is separate so they'd have to go through each item individually to scale the mana id's.

Would it be possible to do it the way they did hp and just add more hunger bars? Although, 5 mana bars may be too much.

5. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    I am not.

I stated you need to multiply all mana-related thing by 5

6. Candras

Yes, well the question I was putting up was how do you multiply "all mana-related things by 5"

Because I don't think there is a button that does that.

7. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  8. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as far as i'm aware, it really is just changing the mana regen/mana steal of the item file itself--of course you'd have to go through a huge amount of items, but note that there's been mass changes like this before in regards to raw melee, skill points, base damage, etc

Qzphs likes this.
  9. Invinci

Invinci Discord Invinci#6319 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Because if this is how current items are going to be adjusted I'd rather it wasn't changed.

10. Candras

I don't know what changes have been done before. If the team is willing to go through and individually change all the mana attributes, then that's fine. But I don't think there have been any changes that were this big in scale. Either way, it would take a very long time to implement, purely because of this.

OTOH, it could be pretty cool to make it a world event. Smth like, all mana in the world disappears for some reason and people have to rely on other skills to get past (Basically while they're changing the attributes). Though thinking about it, spells and mana are like, 90% of the gameplay so it is probs a terrible idea.

11. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the item patch that came along with the 1.19 update changed skill points to become static IDs, and a massive majority of items with skill points were changed:
    [​IMG]
    a very large portion of these changes were related to the skill points change
    it's not unlikely that the overall amount of mana regen/mana steal items and ingredients is somewhat similar to the amount of items with skill point IDs. although it's definitely tedious, i wouldn't say that it's not worth the trouble at all nor would it take too much time.

12. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, they wouldn't be random.
    If you have a max roll on mana, if this change was made you would still have a max roll.
    Its not different from any other buff or debuff an item would get to its mana stat, it would randomize it.

13. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the mana rolls have a base roll under the stat itself, and all items would retain this roll after the scaling. so if an item had inherently high rolls previously, it keeps the high roll after scaling, and vice versa. this is how other stats are buffed and nerfed without destroying the viability of all existing items

14. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump I guess

15. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Bumping....

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  16. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    for wynntils players withe the fancy EXP bar this would work, although it could be more annoying for people with the vanilla mana bar. Kinda in the middle on this feature tho

17. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The hearts in the base game also don't align to 1 on 1 of health.
    It would be the same with mana.

18. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  19. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    I was already four parallel universers two pages ahead of you.

JaydonTheWarrior and Dr Zed like this.
  20. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    To be fair though, intelligence can’t ever be equal to the other stats due it being tied to spell cost. Even with the introduction of the spell cost IDs, intelligence is still the best way to spam spells. And spells inherently are meant to be used as your most powerful attack and provide other unique abilities like movement, buffs, or even healing. Nothing else comes close to spells besides Major IDs in terms of power and versatility. Not to mention they form the core mechanics of the game. Sure you can make powerful melee builds, but they’re usually one note and have more risk by requiring to be closer to attack. So unless if you extremely nerf spells, intelligence is still going to be unequal because it’s tied to your best abilities in the game.

Because it’s inherently unequal, I don’t see this change majorly breaking the game or making defense of agility completely absolute since it just makes intel a little less annoying.

creature likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.