Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

A Bit Of A Change For Mana. (96.2% Support) (150+ Support)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JaydonTheWarrior, Sep 12, 2020.

?

Do you support?

1. Yes

94.2%
  2. No

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verle

Verle Atlas Devotee HERO

Minecraft:
    Of course you can!

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  2. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh, I disagree. A lot of items are designed around current mana and int, this would mean a rebalancing the majority of items with mana.

3. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    worst case scenario, just manually cap cost at 5 mana (out of 100, so current one cost).

4. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I want to clear something up.
    I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, my statement in the thread, and throughout the thread was specifically about people who dislike just to mess with someone.
    You probably know those guys, the ones that probably agree with a suggestion, but disagree with it just to be the first person to dislike it.

5. 182 others

182 others Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I wonder how it'll fit with the hotbar thingy, like would it just (Something) out of 100 mana? Otherwise nice idea, at least 150 int would serve of some person to all classes (Aura would be costing 8 aura in this change out of 100 mana and with 129 int 10 out of 4)

6. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I imagine the easiest way would be to have each mana circle to represent 10 mana each.

7. Am I rly a bot?

Am I rly a bot? Travelled Adventurer

Doesn't changing mana's number from 20 to 100 mean Minecraft's hunger bar would have to be changed for that matter? Because current Mana's number is compatible with the amount of player's Hunger, which is the way spells are casted - Each spell costs a number of Hunger (in this case Mana).

In addition, the spell cost reduction/increase on certain armors and weapons would also have to be changed.

Not only it's extra effort, it'll make some helping sites obsolete and the whole skill investment seemingly easier, but in reality more complicated in a long run. You can clearly see how many skill points you need to make a spell cost certain amount of mana in the image taken from this link: https://wynncraft.gamepedia.com/Skill_Points
    upload_2020-9-25_14-2-38.png

In the conclusion, I disapprove.

8. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hunger's just an arbitrary medium to display mana anyway
    just make hunger value round to the nearest 5 mana

most items involving spell cost reduction carry -int so there's generally little interaction between the two systems anyway
    i can't see how indiscrete reduction directly hurts the balancing of the affected items

edit: ig druser raised this concern too tbf but he didn't elaborate, so it would depend on what underlying issues are present here. nothing's really been said yet on this matter.

wynndata.tk/mana is irrelevant. those who know the thresholds generally don't rely on a helper site; those who don't generally haven't heard of their existence.

just because there's drastically more possibilities doesn't mean it's that much more complex. that's like saying health is a complicated stat since it's rounded to the nearest 1 rather than the nearest 2000. in practice some builds will have slightly more mana sustain than others but ppl will still have a good understanding of how much they need, even if no exact target exists.

or you could clearly see it ingame as a percentage which directly translates to a numerical decrease in spell costs
    it's like saying your skill points should be incomprehensible except on this convenient site outside the game itself

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  9. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The reason we need those sites in the first place is because it's currently somewhat unbalanced and hard to understand.
    To suggest that charts become obsolete because you patched an issue, and therefore it's a bad thing it was patched is... well you don't have a very solid logic.
    It's as if you're suggesting that a bug patch to a Bethesda game is bad because all the fan-made bug patches go to waste.

Because yes, the one that requires a chart is more simple.
    With mine, you can basically put however much intelligence you like, no chart required unless you're a rather meta player.
    Plus, most people don't know it exists.

Yeah, I said this suggestion needs to scale everything up.

https://prnt.sc/uo6c9k

Look, I did it.
    It toke a lot of effort.

No, but seriously, this is unironically just editing a text file.
    Like I'm not making a joke, you just edit a text file.

Dr Zed and Qzphs like this.
  10. Crokee

Crokee Nudist poking eyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been thinking about this idea ever since I started playing Hypixel Skyblock. please dont kill me

The one thing I liked about the mana from Skyblock is that you can increase your mana cap, allowing for more flexibility with builds. However, mana regen is also increased, which then makes these mana builds more broken as you are increasing 2 values at once.

With this suggestion, I fully agree that mana should be scaled up x5. But I would also like to add that some items may have to be tweaked to accommodate for this change. For example, getting a 4/4 mr Third Eye on a 20 mana cap will be much easier than getting a 20/4 mr Third Eye on a 100 mana cap due to the way on how IDs are rolled. Essentially, mr/ms items will get nerfed across the board unless mr/ms is static (ew).

A thought I wanted to add is have an ID that raises the mana cap slightly, perhaps no more than 120-150 mana assuming a maxed mana cap raising build based on your suggestion. This could alleviate some concerns over getting a perfect mr item with this change, although it will make class building/balancing so much more complex. I did not want this part to be a new thread simply because having an ID for raising the mana cap from 20 is way too op.

11. Qzphs

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the higher the base value, the less consequential it is to not get the max roll

Dr Zed, hmtn, creeper1562 and 3 others like this.
  12. 182 others

182 others Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Also, I feel like raw spell cost stacking could possibly make a problem. If you use stuff like Deye + Double Draoi (With would probs give -5 aura cost) and anima could mean aura could possibly could possibly turn spell costs to 1 mana cost out of 100, which would be op with stuff like charge (If you used Renda + Anima + Idol) could basically charge a good amount of times before not being able to be used, and it can happen like this with stuff like aura possibly.

13. Qzphs

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i imagine the penalty for consecutive casts would be scaled up to 5 too, so in practice you wouldn't observe this happening

14. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Qzphs likes this.
  15. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Sorry, I misunderstood the suggestion at first. I confused this with another one I read somewhere earlier.

16. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And this is why you ask.
    <3

Qzphs, A Human and TrapinchO like this.
  17. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumps are nice, please dump for me

18. Kap'n Kronch

Kap'n Kronch Warrior Purist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Free bump for a great suggestion!

19. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    more than the changes ofc mentionned by OP, I think working with 100 instead of 20 is easier visually

20. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    Reasons I voted no:
    1. Intelligence is generally considered to be the best stat. This is an overall buff to the intelligence skill points, giving you either the same or a better reduction on your spells than it currently does. This would make just spamming all skill points into intelligence and than defense/agility even better. This is my main reason to vote no.
    2. It'd be much more difficult to get 'the best' mana regen and steal on an item. Devalueing alot of almost good enough items which are currently perfect and increasing the value of actually perfect rolls. Creating a mythic-like price for the best ids on much wanted mana items.
    (I personally dislike how some items i.e. mythics can give someone over a stack of LE in one lootchest.)
    3. Coding changes take work and I feel like this is more work than multiplying some numbers by 5 but this is true for everything they work on and they've certainly added things that require more coding for an effect with less upsides so it's also the lowest valued reason for me.

Ninja_VK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.