Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Compass To Track Quest

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by mc511, Aug 11, 2020.

?

would you like the compass to track quest

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mc511

mc511 Well-Known Adventurer

I know I can't be the only one who thinks this would be a huge help. I'm tired of having to look up on YouTube to find out where I'm suppose to go with certain quest, not every time does your book update you with. new coords and sometimes you drop a quest and come back the next day with no idea where you're suppose to go.

the compass should point towards quest and where your suppose to go, it'd help with immersion and the players wouldn't have to constantly have to pull up the coordinates which are annoying and definitely breaks immersion. this a long time coming. please please please just have the compass connect to your coordinates so we can follow the compass instead, its already in our hotbar so why the hell not.

2. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Look on wiki, it is faster and simpler.

3. Crew520

Crew520 Fellow epic gamer

Minecraft:
    Pretty sure wynntils has a feature like that

4. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Not an excuse to not to implement it

Samsam101 likes this.
  5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We could also have a marker system added (invisible shulker with glowing in the correct direction)

6. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:

7. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You know, something I hate dearly is when games put a compass on your screen, and you mindlessly follow it.

Navigation is something I enjoy dearly as a mechanic. Thats the thing, I feel that in modern game design, instead of fully fleshing out navigation as a mechanic, games instead put a magical floating maker in your face and make you follow it.

I'm not stating Wynncraft uses navigation well as a mechanic, but instead of sitting down and thinking about how to best design navigation, that you would be making an easier but a worse salutation.

In case you want to know more about why I hate compasses and mini maps, heres a video by one of my favorite youtubers:

Samsam101 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.