Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Please, Help Us Fix Guilds.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pally, May 1, 2020.

?

What do you think about this situation?

1. I love guilds, and I believe that this issue should be addressed and finally fixed

2. I love guilds, but I don't think this is our biggest issue right now

3. I feel neutral toward this.

4. I dislike guilds, though I do agree that this issue needs to be addressed

5. I dislike guilds, and believe that wynn should put its resources elsewhere

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    May I start with, I feel that guilds have been underminded for years. We need people who work on wynn, to help fix guilds, both war wise and community wise. I am now asking this, because when the trade market went down, it was met with a multitude of complaints to bring it back, while in the guild scene, wars have been broken for months, and while complaints have been occuring for months as well, nearly nothing has been done to bring them back. According to the moto bot, 16850 players have participated in wars at least once, 261 players have crossed 1000 wars in total, 1000 wars is a lot of time and dedication to the server, now, lets take this in todays time, with 3 people warring, a single war takes around 3 minutes to complete, with a war timer of 1:30, now, lets add 1:30 to 3 minutes, and we get 4:30, so that is 4:30 minutes for a single war, now let us make that 4.5 for the sake of convenience, now lets multiply that by 1000, how many wars 261 people have achieved, we get 4500, now lets divide that by 60, for an hour, we now have 75. Then, after this, let us divide that by 24 to get us the exact amount of days that it takes to get that many wars, 3.125 days for 1000 wars. Now, what if I told you that that was the absolute BEST case scenario, with 3 people warring 24/7, and with the timer working at 1:30 minutes, it takes 3 DAYS STRAIGHT to get to 1k wars, now you don't always have 3 people warring, now lets say you have 2 people, 2 people warring is around 5 minutes to complete one war, which then equals 6.5 minutes per war, still counting the 1:30 minute timer. With this estimate, we get a total of 4.5 days, or 108 hours to complete 1k wars, now, lets use it if there was only one person warring, you're currently solo. Which using the same estimates as before, considering it takes you 8 minutes to finish that war+1:30 minute timer, you get 6.5 days, or 158 hours to complete 1k wars solo, people do these wars, using all examples: 1 2 and 3. Again, all those examples are considering war timers even work for 1:30, which they haven't mind you, in midday EST, it fluctuates between 2 minutes, 3 minutes, or even 4/5 minutes. the top 10 warrers, have done 8 TIMES this amount. This makes guild people some of the most dedicated toward this game.

Now for the community side, currently the top guilds, those above level 55+ can host around 58-84 people, and a lot of those guilds, are completely full, not to mention all those other guilds below that level that have 40 slots, making guilds have some of the highest member concentrations in Wynn. Easily reaching over 100 or even 200 people per 2-4 guilds, now because of Coronabreak, Wynn has around 1300 players online at peak hours, my guild, currently Titans Valor have breached over 20 people online during peak hours, as well as multiple other guilds, making nearly 200 players from guilds online at peak hours for wynn, which is around 1/7th of Wynn's playerbase online (Rough estimate, I believe there would be more, maybe even 400.) Which makes guilds a quite major part of the community.

People have a bad rep about guilds, I know that. Not all of them are bad though, and in my experience, I have met a lot of wonderful people, as well as a fair share of the people you want to bang your head against the wall when you talk to them, this is there in every online game experience. I would just like some attempt to fix them, even if you disagree with me, there are people who play the server who still actively enjoy guilds as a whole, for the community, for the politics that were given out from the people in guilds, for the warring, for whatever. Even if one person in the CT+ sees this, I beg you to help fix guilds, as they too are a major part of this community, that has branched out to create a unique experience for anyone who participates in them. So I ask the CT, Mods, Admins, even regular players to help us for this. Guilds aren't just a permanent party like they were created to be anymore, guilds are now a bunch of big families, a place for people to go to feel safe and connect with like minded people. So I ask you again, please help us fix guilds.

If you have something to add, or a comment on this, please post it below... Something like this should have as much feedback as possible, from both guild members and the normal non guild player...

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Rothboy, BellySurfer, Sar and 42 others like this.
  2. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think a good way to fix guilds is to change wars. Completely. From the ground up.

Sure, it won't solve the deeply rooted problems in many guilds that give them a deserved bad rep, but it'll help mend a lot of issues.

Oh and also I've heard about some legitimate mod bias with guilds. Instead of making declarations that it's unacceptable, just prohibit mods from being involved in guilds completely during their time as mod. No membership, no ownership, less opportunity for abuse.

3. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would you mind giving us an example of how you think guild wars should be changed in a way thats reasonable?

Saya likes this.
  4. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nope, I have no clue.

But I sure do hope it's more interesting and skill-based than grinding through 1k mobs.

Bliss, thepicferret and Pally like this.
  5. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    alright, thank you for giving your opinion on this :)

Saya likes this.
  6. AlphaCloud

AlphaCloud Wawa VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  7. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ... he actually tagged him ...

Saya and Pally like this.
  8. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mods don't intervene?
    Mods should be allowed to participate in guilds, why should they be revoked that right?

Some of the most epic guilds to come out of the community had and/or was run by mods, like Snt who produced tons of events for the Wynncraft Community.

AmbassadorArt and Pally like this.
  9. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wouldn't be saying this if there weren't any that abused, right?
    Mod is a voluntary position. Mods have to make sacrifices to gain their authority. One more sacrifice that has a tangible effect isn't too much to ask. And if it is, then there are always more candidates willing to give up guilds to be trusted with power.

Mistrise Mystic, Bliss and Pally like this.
  10. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How have mods abused guilds, and in what way?

Pally likes this.
  11. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can't really say anything, obviously :/

Bliss and Pally like this.
  12. lotuss

lotuss lotus CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Pally this is really an amazing call to action and it’s sad how updating the war scene is completely overlooked. Guilds add an entirely new aspect to the game and if it was not for the guilds and their teamwork, plenty of players would have gotten bored and called it quits after getting to a high combat level.

TS_potato, IceResistance and Pally like this.
  13. TheOtherJo

TheOtherJo Praefectus piger stultitiae cūrandae augendaeque

Minecraft:
    Not currently dithered to read more than skimming, but guilds really are presently "codswallop" for lack of a better term, so here's my vote of support

XeraAndromeda, Vendenar and Pally like this.
  14. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please do not tag staff and/or CT in suggestions.

15. scottmad

scottmad The Council will see you to you later....

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you mad lad

16. EnderJay456

EnderJay456 Aphelion Immigrant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you mad lad

17. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry if this is a bad read, I'll edit it when its not 12 am

18. Emilia

Emilia Sand Eater VIP+

Minecraft:
    Raw_Fish likes this.
  19. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I have very little experience in guilds, and most of my interactions have been friends from guilds and a guild leader asking me for help with their community server.
    Even with that little experience, my PoV of guilds is fairly positive. I'm not oblivious to the fact that there is guild drama and legitimate hatred between some guilds, but I like to see it for myself first. Else, I take it with a grain of salt.

This could possibly be something. I may look into this myself and see if Wars can be improved on in some way. However, I think the primary issue with guilds is all of the lingering bugs with them that need to be addressed.

20. meadow

meadow STILL #1 AS warrer // Abusing databases since 2018 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are stuff that can be fixed with some simple coding, like handling name changes (uuid was a thing since 1.8 or almost 6 years ago), /gu stats (wouldn't you just check the console for errors?) and warglitches (check console again). They just refused to fix it themselves or ask for help from the community. Until I see at least some of the above fixed, I don't think they will even look into improving wars or add more content to guilds.

If there's something you can do, it is to learn Java, learn NMS, learn databases yourself and write a better system.

UPDATE: /gu stats was fixed (big wow)

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Bliss, Dream and Pally like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.