Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World [coming In-game, 91.9% Approval] Clientside / Instanced Housing [ Includes Demonstration & Detail ]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Novalescent, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Good Housing Idea? Please read thread before voting.

1. Yes!

349 vote(s)
    91.8%
  2. Nope.

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    This isn't inside Wynncraft. This is all a recreation of Wynncraft's systems programmed by me.

Runaiic likes this.
  2. TheSast

TheSast Chief of BGS VIP+

Minecraft:
    As far as I know, Novalescent recreated most of Wynncraft by him/her-self, that also started Wynncon, and he/she uses it to show these concept ideas.

3. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    berumpers.

4. i1i1wow

i1i1wow 5th ID of Altum Spatium was good CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have to say, other than all of the things under "Other Minor Features", I think this would be a really cool thing to see implemented in the game, although it would probably make more sense to only have one house location (maybe someplace like Troms), because having one for every city makes it quite a bit harder to put into the game. Getting increased health regen in your own house would make health potions much less useful. I think the reason that would not be a thing is the same reason you don't get increased hpr in cities.

The increased XP bonus thing for logging out inside your plot sounds totally broken, and I would totally oppose this being added into the game. Just ... no.

Also, is there a reason you shouldn't be able to cast spells inside your housing unit? I don't think arbitrarily having this does any good, although if spells mess with how housing works, then I would understand that.

But yeah, I think it would be amazing for Wynncraft to have a housing feature, even if you could only ever access your house in one location. I see it as a massive obstacle to implementation if an empty space near every city has to be found for plots, but just next to one city would be fine to me.

That_Chudley likes this.
  5. SKZR

SKZR Well-Known Adventurer

Well, honestly i don't like at all the concept of housing. However, your suggestion is really good.

TrapinchO likes this.
  6. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    pogBump...

7. TheSast

TheSast Chief of BGS VIP+

Minecraft:
  8. KikiTheKiko

KikiTheKiko The Non-Binary Bard HERO

Minecraft:
    I am endlessly in love with this post. When I first joined wynn, I was one of the people who made a shitty housing suggestion before I even realized I wasn't unique in my endeavor, and while I eventually learned to come to terms with us not having housing, your post has reignited that fire in my heart for wanting a place to roleplay and hangout! Guilds gathered around a large table discussing war efforts. Parties of friends all drinking potions of drunkedness and laughing. Little minigames people set up on their plots for their friends to play when wynn gets a little boring. And the armor stands! That makes having multiple builds so much easier! Being able to just run into your house and grab the set you need before a raid would be infinitely useful. Honestly, I love and hate this post, I love it for obvious reasons, but I hate it because it gives me hope in something that we've been told time and time again will never happen.

Either way, amazing job dude!

Novalescent likes this.
  9. Mole

Mole Novice Souvenir Collector HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love the idea of housing. In my own head, I always imagined the abandoned house in Ragni being used for something greater

10. Cloud__

Cloud__ wynncraft is cool duh VIP+

Minecraft:
    don't ask it... he is a mage and use black magic. this is why he can do evrething from wynncraft to another universe. also if u will ask it another 2 time he will teleport in ur pc and destroy ur soul...

Runaiic, TrapinchO and Novalescent like this.
  11. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i can confirm these statements

Cloud__ likes this.
  12. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok so after looking at this suggestion I got inspired for a crazy idea. Nova, you are a brain of impressive size, tell me, is it theoretically possible to use the same concept to make some parts of the world instanced? What I'm thinking of is Canyon of the Lost. Imagine client-side instancing together with structure blocks to have new pathways, caves, hills generating and disappearing as youre walking through the Canyon? It would actually be pretty scary and actually confusing to venture into that place, and if it's client-side, it should lag the server as much or interfere with other players, correct? I might make a new thread about this.

13. Glowinglapis

Glowinglapis Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Haven't seen such a hehe idea in a while. Hopefully something like this does get added eventually.

Novalescent likes this.
  14. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    @Novalescent You forgot your pots again? I hope that mod bans you!

+1 good idea, enjoy the meme above, this would be mega cool and a bit of a money sink.

Novalescent likes this.
  15. Runaiic

Runaiic t

I suggested this very idea without a proof of concept, and a lot of people hated it because it sounded like a bad idea, maybe i'll learn java so i can one day do this kind of stuff too

edit:
    i forgot to say thanks for doing this proof of concept. your suggestion is exactly what i envisioned and you made it perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Novalescent likes this.
  16. Rafcore

Rafcore TacoTuesday.com Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    If you want the housing to work, you have a house in that area and when a player owns it he/she can then enter and be teleported to a separate world with its own little generated area. Whatever area the house is in on the map the house and a small part of the area can be copied and used at X players land and have barrier blocks around it. Or make it like the Wizards quests where you look into the past of the npc and its the area surrounded by the void. To make it efficient if its a black void the areas can be stacked near each other and nametags will only display if a player looks at someone making it feel like your the only one around and other players won't see the tags above them or below them.

Also the idea of a house is amazing!

Novalescent likes this.
  17. blegar1

blegar1 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Honestly, I thought this was gonna be another housing thread which was bad. Now? I really want this since there's actual effort. I also did like trove's housing system so making a client sided housing system is i endorse completely. Hope it somehow gets implemented

18. scorpionwiz

scorpionwiz Magi of the far lands MTL god and LN reader CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bumpbumpbum[

Novalescent likes this.
  19. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    The fact that this thread is still relevant after almost 2 months actually baffles me. I didn't think I'd gain this much support for it, so thank you all for that :D
    For reference, my first major suggestion, Improved Spell Effects, has 173 supporters. It's actually crazy to me that this Housing Suggestion, which has been one of the most hated and overused suggestions in Wynncraft, may actually beat this. Personally I didn't think that would happen but y'all may prove me wrong. Thank you all so much for this

I'll try and get my next major suggestion done sometime around May. No promises though.

EDIT: Yup, y'all beat it. GG

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Dr Zed, btdmaster and BTK2000 like this.
  20. Jraqn

Jraqn shaman best girl HERO

Minecraft:
    I like the idea of the build stands, having predetermined sets that you can equip as u please. I kinda already do that, as i think most ppl do. However, I don't think housing is a great idea for wynncraft specifically because the game is very adventure oriented, so I don't think housing fits that profile :/
    It seems like it might make it so players just camp at their house all time and won't use wynncraft for its purpose as an MMORPG. I like that we as players don't have "bases" or "homes" because we're mean't to be soldiers that have dedicated our lives to helping others, or something. It just doesn't seem like it would be the right fit for Wynn, but good job with the suggestion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.