Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Netherite Armor Look For Level 100+ Gear

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Daridon248, Feb 5, 2020.

?

Do you agree with this?

1. Yes

45.7%
  2. No (Explain why)

6.5%
  3. Too early to be suggesting this :P

47.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daridon248

Daridon248 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This will be a simple thread. There is a new armor set called netherite armor added in the latest snapshot that is better than diamond....

Since it's dark look also fits for Road to Dern and possible lv 100+ areas that will probably come soon, my suggestion is that once the server updates to 1.16 in a distant future, make the default look for level 100+ amor pieces to be netherite armor, much like leather armor at 1-20, gold at 21-40, chainmail at 41-60, iron at 61-80 and diamond at 81+ right now.

2. Wommby

Wommby 2 galleons 1 lootrun CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a great idea! And thanks for this post too because I didn’t know a snapshot came out today!

3. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    It's a bit early imo, but definitely a REALLY good idea. It fits perfectly.
    Although, would we all have to update to 1.16?

4. Daridon248

Minecraft:
    Well, eventually. That's why I said the server will update to 1.16 in a distant future

5. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this future is so distant that we should only start making suggestions about it by year 2040, but nice idea

6. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like by the time wynncraft reaches 1.16, if ever, it'd be due time for custom armor textures anyway. although netherite *does* fit, it doesn't really need to be something they strive to use, it just naturally works out

7. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    seems like a familar name....
    Sounds interesting though. Personally I don't want the level cap increased much more cause we have such a well developed endgame however this could be an interesting addition in the future.

Druser likes this.
  8. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It'll take a long time before it's feasible to have the minimum version at 1.16. And by long time I mean more than a decade.

9. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu Professional Loser CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been playing for a decade :pensive:

10. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynncraft hasn't been out for a decade smh
    Yes I know you meant Minecraft

11. SLScool

SLScool Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    But Minecraft has.
    So do you think that netherite armor should be like actual netherite armor and be an upgraded form of diamond armor?Or should it be like any other armor, just scaled up to a higher level? I am thinking the former.

12. Daridon248

Minecraft:
    The last one, since this is just visuals. For level 100+ armor it would make sense for those pieces to have the appearance of netherite armor (obviously except for those exceptions like ornate shadow armor).

13. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    actually, it would look sick af on ornate shadow (and even go with the item name) but yeah probably be best to use it for the majority

14. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu Professional Loser CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It'd look cool, yeah, but it's not worth upgrading to 1.16 over. Wynn is laggy enough.

15. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

The update's added some bangin' blocks and the first snapshot already brought in a bucketload of stuff so I hope so
    Actually, while the Netherite texture fits nicely with Wynn, they could retexture Netherite to have a different look. I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe armor skins could be implemented using dyed leather, and maybe when crafting armors, it'll look like the metal it's made from. I'm sure that color texturing isn't a thing, but I know that items can have different textures using the durability bar.
    tbh, I think I'm more excited of how the Wynncraft team could utilize the colored fog and blue fire the update adds, as well as the new mushroom trees and wood types, if RoL every gets revamped, seeing those blocks get utilized would be great (but I'm sure Wynncraft will probably retexture them but they'll still look cool either way)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Epicness937 likes this.
  16. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice idea. I think the armour should be called ... dern infused armor... or something similar... would be better for the lore I think :c
    You dont want to increase the amount of content and levels? If we never increase these things Wynncraft would slowly die... the better solution would be to get a new big update (after fruma or fruma and dern combined) which gives us another time as much content as the gavel update (but with higher Quality). Then the CT could create new endgame content (lvl 150 ?) or for example rise the level required for legendary island and similar things. I could accept to wait 1 year or even more if a really really good update would be the reward. Recently all updates where smaller (corkus, silent expanse) if we look at the amount of quests and new levels and you cant make a ton of new endgame content if you only have 3 new levels... it would make more sense to add another 25-50 levels with good content and then have a new endgame area with endgame content. If Wynncraft only gets those small updates we will eventually reach level 125 and have lvl 100 endgame content...

17. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

That sounds like a Hive item, none the less, it shouldn't be "Dern infused" because the Abysso Galoshes are exactly that, we do know that Nether's Scar and Black are both made from the obsidian of Corruption spikes. Perhaps we should think of some sort of metal or alloy, either fictional or real, we may as well have our own Vibranium or Adamantium, but if we're gonna stick to real materials, then our most likely candidate would be Rhenium, not only being harder than diamond in most circumstances, but also one of the rarest on the planet.

ZockerCam likes this.
  18. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My concern is with items because we already have an endgame built. nothing more than that.

Druser likes this.
  19. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can understand that somehow. But if a new big update would be released I would bring my build to a vulcano and drop it xD

20. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Adamantium is Marvel's idea, not Pokemon (so is Vibranium)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.