Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

A Small Change To The Rules

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Chres, Jan 23, 2020.

?

Just a quick agree or disagree

1. Agree

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Disagree

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chres

Chres Noob

Hello Wynncraft forums (which looks the best in the Hallowynn theme) from my new forum account (because my old one has been cast into the void).

I am just plopping in to suggest a minor change to the rules. I will admit with no shame that most of my reason for coming here is that I was recently banned and would like to try and use this as an opportunity to improve the rules, as well as if this suggestion is taken into consideration, I may be able to play again sooner than later, as I still have 20 days left on my ban.

I was banned for my username, which is "fwuck." This is not supposed to be some variant of fuck, I just thought it sounded nice, nor did I have any ill intention when I decided to change my name to this. I did consider that it could be misinterpreted as something vulgar, however I was not even planning on playing on any servers until I saw that Wynncraft had just received a new update. I had been playing on Wynn for the past few days, maybe a week, and then I was given a ban with a length of time that will let me change my username as soon as my ban expires. I engaged in conversation multiple times on the server and no one had any issues with my name, and I am fairly certain I had spoken around at least one or two moderators. I completely understand why my account has been temporarily restricted, but I still would like to propose this: let people who have been temporarily banned because of their username play on another account while they await for the ban on the other account to expire.

Obviously, this would have to be done on a case by case basis. I did not intend to bother anyone and I was not specifically looking for a vulgar-sounding username. I am certain that the username which got me banned has disturbed approximately zero of Wynncraft's players. People who intentionally change their name to something inappropriate should not be given this kind of leniency, and I think most of you would agree with me. There is a clear difference between finding a username that might be seen as vulgar but was never meant to be, and purposefully changing your name to something containing, for example, racism.

In my case, I believe that I should be free to play on another account while I let the ban expire from my other account. I will be changing my username to show respect for the rules and such, and the account that I would be playing on while I wait has a rule abiding username. Another big reason I believe I, and anyone else in my situation, should be able to do this, is because I was not aiming to cause any trouble to begin with. If I were to play on another account while another one of mine is currently banned for it's username, the only rule I would be breaking is the ban evasion rule, which is what I would like to change. It's not like I was banned for hacking or exploitation, and that I would be playing on another account to continue doing these malicious things. I just would like to play Wynncraft, as I was doing before.

I know that there might be a lot of you who will automatically disagree because I have been banned who just think I'm trying to get back on the server as early as possible to continue causing commotion, but I believe that if you have read everything and are at this point, you will see that I am being sincere and that I have just made a small mistake. I'm okay with being locked out of one of my accounts, but I think, given the circumstances, I should still be able to play Wynncraft on another account. This change to the rules does not have any cons, just pros.

TL;DR
    Players who are banned on an account for it's username should be able to play Wynncraft on another account (with a rule abiding username obviously). Depending on how inappropriate the initial name was which caused the ban, they should not be given the same treatment. In my case I just had my username misinterpreted as something vulgar, and I'm going to change it as soon as I can, which is why I think I should be able to get back on and enjoy the server. However, if someone is banned for a name which was clearly made vulgar intentionally, they should not be given the option to play on another account until the ban expires on the account which is banned.

Thank you for reading my suggestion,
    -Chris

-----

Edit:

Since posting this and having more time to think about things, I have more to add.

If someone is temporarily banned for their username, isn't playing on another account, a different username, effectively fixing the issue which they were initially banned for? At least in my case, yes, it is. At the time of my ban, I was playing on my new Minecraft account, which I bought a few months ago. I had previously lost some of the credentials for my other accounts, one of which was the account I used to play Wynn on. This account has never been given any restrictions due to breaking the rules, and will never be given any, because I am not going to intentionally defy them. As I mentioned before, the account "fwuck" will only be brought on Wynn once more, once it's name is changed, so I can move some of it's items onto my old account which I now have regained full access.

I have since read the rules twice again after being banned, not because I had disregarded them before, but just because I wanted to get some more perspectives on my punishment. When I changed my name to fwuck, the intent was not for it to sound like fuck... although it obviously does; I guess I could compare this situation to someone putting "Ass" at the end of their name to indicate they are an assassin main here on Wynn.

It is my fault and I gladly take full responsibility for the ban placed on my account. My issue however, is that I am capable of fixing why I was banned, but I am not allowed to. Plus, given the circumstances, and the fact that any harm I may have caused the server was not intended, I feel that it is only right that the ban on my account with a rule-breaking username be lifted, so that I may continue playing on my other account, which has a perfectly fine username. I will not be logging into fwuck again on Wynn, even if it were to be unbanned right now. It will only be logged into once more after it's name is changed in order to transfer some items.

Something else I would like to bring up, but before I do, I must state that I am fully aware that donating does not put me above the rules as they apply to all players, but I feel that it would only strengthen my argument if I mention that I bought an upgrade to Hero for my other account after I was banned. I would definitely not be spending money on a server where I was going to be doing things which would lead to me getting banned again for something stupid so I can end up having wasted said money.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to read what I have to say. I apologize if this is a lot to read or if it seems like I am making a big deal about something, but I think my frustration is understandable.
    -Chris

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  2. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I support being able to at least play with an alt until your main's ingame name can be changed

3. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In general, actually I think they shouldn't be able to ban you for that.
    The server does actively say that swearing is allowed, it isn't against the rules, the only time this isn't the case is when it's directed to someone else.
    That being the case, I don't think you should be banned even if your name was fuck, much less "Fwuck."

4. Chres

Chres Noob

Yeah, especially if the name was never intended to be inappropriate.

Thank you, unfortunately it says I'm not allowed to appeal my ban, but maybe if this picks up traction I can be allowed to play on my alt for the time being. It isn't like I was banned for hacking on one account and I am going to continue hacking on another.

7Red_Dragon7 likes this.
  5. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean I'm not sure how anyone could put "fwuck" and go
    1) What a great name I'll have that
    or
    2) This looks perfect and no one can take it any other way

Chres was just a bit stupid I'm sorry to say, but a permanent ban? Way too harsh imo

Message staff and see if after you change your name they'll let you play again as it was just a silly mistake on your behalf with no MALICE intended

6. Chres

Chres Noob

Oh it's not a permanent ban, it's just 19-20 days left now, and when it's done I will also be able to change my username. I'm fine waiting it out I guess, but I just didn't expect to be banned nor did I intend to break any rules, plus, I wont even be playing on this account anymore, although I will still end up changing the name. Just seems like a pointless ban now to me. Even if I wasn't banned on fwuck, I wouldn't be playing on it.

7. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

[​IMG]
    You should've named yourself *REDACTED*

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  8. Chres

Chres Noob

:pensive: you name yourself fwick and see how it goes and maybe then I'll do it.

9. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Oh crap I just realized, I did not mean that at all, I had no idea *REDACTED* was a word! SORRY!

Chres likes this.
  10. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh brill, live and learn then lol

11. Chres

Chres Noob

Oh I have learned, don't worry. Just trying to make the most out of the situation hehe

StormKing3 likes this.
  12. Chres

Chres Noob

After speaking with a handful of staff members, I am just going to be waiting out the ban on my retired account, which leaves me 17 days to just prowl the forums I guess. I think I will still be trying to pursue getting this suggestion considered by staff, but if nothing happens I won't be too upset. This change would only affect a very very select group of people & it would also rely a small bit on the judgement of the staff themselves; a situation that I don't think would present itself often enough for this change to be made. However, there are no cons to making this change, so maybe there is a possibility.

13. Chres

Chres Noob

Bumparoo because thread has been expanded on :sunglasses:

14. Chres

Chres Noob

15. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can change your name on Mojang without having to wait for your unban though.

But I agree with your suggestion, it makes a fair consequence for people like you who got banned for a relatively innocent (it is not intentionally explicit) name.

16. Chres

Chres Noob

I have to wait for the 30 day period to be up before I can change again, that's why they banned me for 22 days, because at the time that's how many days were left until I could change it.

Thank you though, it's kind of annoying being able to play on my account that has all of my good items and my rank, but not being allowed to just cause of a misunderstanding.

17. coga

coga Noob CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hi,

@Chres is my forum account that I made because I could no longer access this one. However, I went into the external accounts tab and it had me login to Discord, which then logged me back into this forum account. I'm not going to be logging back into @Chres anymore now that I have this one back, so if you have anything to tell me, this is the account which you should contact. Thanks.

Guess I'll use this opportunity to bump this thread as I am still looking for feedback.

7Red_Dragon7 and kojirobin like this.
  18. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh I see, I forgot about the 30 day period that you have to wait.
    You could maybe ask for staff to give you a chance to play with your alt under supervision. I feel like having ban evasion apply for every ban is a little unfair especially for bans like this so playing with alts or someone else's account with your IP should be allowed as long as staff do believe they can maintain good supervision (which for this ban is not very necessary since it's just waiting out your 30 day restriction)

19. coga

coga Noob CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did ask originally and was told no, no matter what the circumstances are, it's not allowed, which prompted me to make this thread. Thank you for understanding though :triumph:

Two more weeks of waiting to play Wynn :cryingcat:

7Red_Dragon7 likes this.
  20. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First of all the word
    "Duck" sounds more like "fuck"
    And "fwuck" sounds quite cool I can agree with you
    And someone mentioned that cursing is allowed
    So why the fuck are you banned lol
    Like seriously wtf XD