Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Assassin In 1.19 [80 Supporters]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Mistrise Mystic, Nov 8, 2019.

?

Would you support these changes?

1. Yes

88 vote(s)
    82.2%
  2. Yes, but...

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. No, but...

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. No

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this sounds infinitely better than the current changes to the class.

2. sulphursmite

sulphursmite Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i like this idea, but i would also like to see a poll in place so ppl can vote and it gets more recognition

Mistrise Mystic likes this.
  3. sulphursmite

sulphursmite Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    here have a free bump

4. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    So unfortunately, the 1.19 portion of the video is somewhat inaccurate to what it would realistically be in the Official Wynncraft.

Previously, I thought that the Vanish damage boost in 1.19 only applied on the first hit. I had thought this since day 1 of playing an assassin. However, it has recently come to my attention (Approximately 3 minutes after making this post) that this is incorrect. Vanish damage boost applies throughout an entire spell's duration. This means that the damage boost applies to all of Multihit's hits, as well as all of Smoke Bomb's hits. Not just the first hit of Multihit or Smoke Bomb.

While I did only use vanish to first hit with Spin Attack, I do need to reconsider using a different combo instead of the one used in the video to test such capabilities. Since Vanish's damage boost will be 70% in 1.19 compared to the previous ~30% (?, dunno, too lazy to fact check), there may be a considerable boost in damage that I may be overlooking.

5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd recommend something like Spin-Vanish-Multi-Spin-Vanish-Smoke. That should be doable within 4 seconds without too much trouble. Optimally, you'd want to design for the total Smoek duration, but that's a bit more complicated - although, any spell cycle necessarily relies on assumptions about Int and mana regen.

Edit: I'd actually say Spin-Spin-Vanish-Multi-Spin-Spin-Vanish-Smoke, at the very least, since you really need the maximum blindness now that Spin's blindness time got halved.

6. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where does it say Spin attack's blindness got halved? All I've seen in the changelog is that it's damage got lowered by 50% and the thunder conversion was adjusted.

7. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Ok, so I just tested this independently to confirm it, and the results I got were... strange.

Multihit isn't affected by vanishing beforehand. at all

Using Crystal Senbon and using, Senbon does 71 damage per multihit hit. This happened whether vanish was used beforehand or not. Not even the first hit in multihit seemed to be affected.

HOWEVER

using multihit and then IMMEDIATELY vanishing, Senbon does 91 per multihit hit.

Basically, the damage boost only applies IF you are in vanish, or damage directly out of vanish. because multihit doesn't immediately damage out of vanish (the initial spellcast is just the weird ground particle effect, not the damaging part itself), it's not afffected by the damage boost until you revanish.

the same goes for Smoke Bomb. Senbon does a 69-39-39 Normal-Earth-Air split for damage per tick. Vanishing before smoke bomb doesn't change this.

Vanishing after, however, grants a 88-49-48 N-E-A split for damage per tick.

Basically, vanishing before a spell does nothing for multihit or smoke bomb, but vanishing after casting the spell grants the damage buff for the remainder of the spell.

Also spin is unaffected by this and is still affected by normal vanish rules.

8. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks, now I have a basis to start from when testing in beta. That's very interesting, and makes Vanish pretty much useless for Multihit and Smoke Bomb - you have to stay in Vanish during the duration of the spell, which is obviously impractical since it means you can't cast anything else or use a melee during that time or it will cancel the Vanish buff.

I suspect this is the "normal" behavior (likely unintended, based on what Selvut has said) and the only reason Spin works differently is because the damage from Spin is sufficiently instantaneous that it occurs before the Vanish effects are removed - whereas Multihit sends out the catch before Vanish is removed but doesn't do damage until afterward, and obviously Smoke throws a projectile which cancels Vanish immediately.

9. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    If you want to do low level testing; the dagger Eleven is probably your best bet until you get to level 70ish.

Druser likes this.
  10. vaughaan

vaughaan Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the changes are perfect because spin attack the damage did need to be nerfed, and the changes encourage combos and more skill based difficulty. Assassin right now is just melee for mana steal + spam spin attack.

Iboju likes this.
  11. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Bumping for visibility

12. Aiyria

Aiyria sad HERO

Minecraft:
    genius
    i can see a lot of effort went into this and it was so worth it
    with assassin as my main i love these changes, it improves game-play so much
    love these ideas, thanks!

Just hope they get noticed by Salted

13. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You have my full support, having spoken the words I couldn't find so far because of a lack of understanding the Vanish Damage-mechanics or just the incapability of imagining a better assassin.

This is the best class change suggestion I have seen so far, and I hope this gets noticed and adapted as much as I hoped to pass the maths exams.

If you'd just add a poll..?

<3

Iboju, SmileyAlec and Druser like this.
  14. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Any idea how I can do that on mobile cuz I’ve been searching and I can’t find how to

15. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sadly, I never use mobile, so I am unable to tell you about that.

16. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Never mind, I’m an idiot. Poll is up!

Rimuwu likes this.
  17. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    People be voting "No, but..." and not state any reason or give a better suggestion...

Welcome to Wynncraft Forums!

18. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like basically all of this, except I don't believe any of these changes require assassin to have 60% defense like archer, I think the defense should stay as is and the stun/freeze shouldn't be in this class at all anymore except maybe on the last hit of multihit where it would last for 1 or 2 seconds.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  19. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Bumping for visibility

20. Take

Take Rice Smuggler HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like these changes are really cool and give assassin a very unique and interesting playstyle, however in my opinion multihit is always extremely underrated. Multihit is great for cornering mobs and bosses and add extra dps when comboed with spin attack and smoke bomb. For example I could multihit a group of mob or a boss into a corner, then proceed to spin attack and smoke bomb while the boss/mobs are in the air. Multihit adds a good amount of dps while you can still continue to deal damage through spin attack and smoke bomb while the boss/mobs are locked in the spell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.