Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Command To Cast Spell

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by zuror, Sep 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zuror

zuror Travelled Adventurer

Currently, macros are allowed to cast spells. But when it's lagging, sometimes some of the clicks don't go through.

A fix is to only have one network event: Four commands like "/1", "/2", "/3" and "/4" to cast spells, which cancels any current spell state and immediately casts the spell the command was for. So I can change my macro to "Press /, 1, enter" instead of "right click, wait, left click, wait, right click".

2. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    I completely agree. on my laptop I can't even play the game because my clicks don't register. This would be a great addition to the game.

3. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The trouble is the numbers control the inventory bar

4. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO CMD

Minecraft:
    Not when you are typing it in chat to execute a command, which is what the suggestion entails (try it: type /1 and see if it switches to the first slot)

5. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah I see, my mistake

6. Jamer_theGamer

Jamer_theGamer CraftedCitizen VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm trying to see a downside. Does anyone see a downside?
    You could download a mod to have these macros automatically exist, but that feels like a more temporary fix to me. Yeah, I think that some sort of macro in game would be a good idea: as long as they don't remove the RLR and RLL either, haha. I can't see a downside - can anyone else?

7. Runaiic

Runaiic t

If anything, that's an upside, RLR RRR RLL RRL macros exist and are by all means allowed, however, they're horribly inefficient and sometimes don't work. Having the macros assign to the commands would be great, and it would just be a more responsive version of the current macros.

I guess it's a bit of a dubious method, but hey, the ends justify the means.

Druser likes this.
  8. zuror

zuror Travelled Adventurer

I really can't think of any downsides to this: It's frustrating when lag kills you because your heal wasn't going through and you have to run all the way back, and this will help alleviate that. There probably is a better way to implement this. 4 distinct network events that aren't used for anything else would be needed. If you can think of a downside, please reply with it.

Something like "Tab+(number)" could also be detected by the server, and could be an easier way to cast even without macros, but this is 2 network events ("request tab list"->"change inventory slot"->(server sends back "change to original slot")), so can still fail easily.

9. __Excel

__Excel i like cats VIP+

Minecraft:
    Em I’m not sure if this is a necropost but I think it is

But I’ll answer your question: wynntils does the same thing as macros, it just registers the RLR for you.

10. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    add poll pls..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.